starting strength gym
Page 1268 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2687681168121812581266126712681269127012781318136817682268 ... LastLast
Results 12,671 to 12,680 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Covid shots, flu shots and colonoscopies? This is a really weird trio. Like, do colonoscopies only save the lives of people doing them or do they protect the public as well?
    Do colonoscopies protect the public as well? Oh my word they do, once you have drunk your bowel prep the public would never go and get a second one.

My wife had to go to the doctor yesterday. When they took her vitals, her O2 saturation was at 90. They asked her to lower her mask and explained, “Sometimes with these masks, you end up breathing back in your CO2 and it drops your O2 saturation.”

Weren’t they admitting people to the hospital for 90 or below during the Great Covid Panic of 2020?

Why does a patient have to be admitted to the hospital for an O2 of ~90% if they have COVID, but it’s deemed perfectly acceptable to walk around all day wearing a mask and have the same level?

After all, until just the other day, if you were a good citizen you’d have been wearing a mask indoors AND outdoors and anywhere there was a chance to run into people: so basically everywhere.

Fine. You Rugged Individualists can ignore any and all medical recommendations. Be a REAL libertarian and do your own medical stuff like Maturin removing the bullet in his torso without benefit of any laudanum. I didn't get vaccine for the greater good of others. Just like I don't get my annual flu shot or periodic colonoscopies for those around me.

But both of you deflected my challenge by changing the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Craven cowards, the both of us.

Sen. Scott responds: "America is not a racist country" – HotAir

If Tim Scott decides to run for President in 2024 as a Republican, what will happen? And if he is elected, what will happen? What a fascinating problem.

Fine. You Rugged Individualists can ignore any and all medical recommendations. Be a REAL libertarian and do your own medical stuff like Maturin removing the bullet in his torso without benefit of any laudanum. I didn't get vaccine for the greater good of others. Just like I don't get my annual flu shot or periodic colonoscopies for those around me.

Imagine being this person.

Tim Scott is the most boring, uninspired token the GOP could possibly scrape up, so he's probably their ideal pick. CRT Light for Republicans. This charade is so tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

If Tim Scott decides to run for President in 2024 as a Republican, what will happen? And if he is elected, what will happen? What a fascinating problem.
    TBD. I think if he can meaningfully contribute or influence the 2022 elections, he will be a viable candidate. Possibly Trump would back him. So far 2022 is shaping up to be repeat of Clinton 1994 and Obama 2010/2012.

In my opinion the strategy is to relentlessly hammer hypocrisy. Denial of hypocrisy is basically a denial of science. If the right can own that, most scales tip favorably.

That we have a racist president is a perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes. Getting a colonoscopy protects the lives of people who refuse to get a colonoscopy. Same thing.
    I wonder if decreased incidence of disease (or early detection/treatment of disease) decreases morbidity/mortality in a populace as a whole (aside from the direct decrease due to the decrease in the specific disease). Frees up medical resources, decreases the number of immunocompromised people, you don't get t-boned by some fucked-up guy driving home from his chemo treatment, etc.

Individuals probably do benefit from fewer cases of ass cancer in the populace.

So you got the COVID shot not for the public but for yourself. But didn’t you say you already had COVID? In that case, you merely got a shot for nothing and now you’re angry at people for I don’t know what reason. I mean, I guess you’re angry for getting a shot in vain, but since you’re a guy who likes to brag about his colonoscopies, anything is possible.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    My wife had to go to the doctor yesterday. When they took her vitals, her O2 saturation was at 90. They asked her to lower her mask and explained, “Sometimes with these masks, you end up breathing back in your CO2 and it drops your O2 saturation.”

Weren’t they admitting people to the hospital for 90 or below during the Great Covid Panic of 2020?

Why does a patient have to be admitted to the hospital for an O2 of ~90% if they have COVID, but it’s deemed perfectly acceptable to walk around all day wearing a mask and have the same level?

After all, until just the other day, if you were a good citizen you’d have been wearing a mask indoors AND outdoors and anywhere there was a chance to run into people: so basically everywhere.
    Why do I get to take a mask off when I sit at a restaurant table, but not when I am perfectly distanced from others lifting heavy weights? Because these policies are crafted and enacted by idiots who don't understand the things they are regulating, for the sake of idiots who are terrified of a slightly more dangerous than normal virus. People seemed to have been less chickenshit when the bubonic plague was going around. That was a real killer, and those people thought it was some intangible death spirit going around in their midst killing people.