starting strength gym
Page 1272 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2727721172122212621270127112721273127412821322137217722272 ... LastLast
Results 12,711 to 12,720 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What do you mean by "prepper-types"? If I keep 50 rolls of toilet paper and some ammo in stock, do I qualify?
    I mean the guys expecting Armageddon twice a week. That's the diagnosis, the gather up your shit is just a symptom. Slim says it better than me: Slim Cessna's Auto Club - Hold My Head - YouTube
    I wouldn't count you in personally.

....picture of "Hannah" about the tackle the female.
    The hilarity began straightaway with the photos of the hulking "Rachel" posing with the women, followed by "her" solemn assertion that this was not an advantage in a sport which emphasizes power production. I'm sure Steve Hill would be surprised to know that those big skeletons are a disadvantage in track cycling. It was written for credulous morons and is indistinguishable from The Onion. Solid gold.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    No, you have to face the reality that you are a fucking moron for conflating what is not a vaccine and doesn't save anyone from shit with actual vaccines that actually do save lives. On top of that you are a dick for trying to portray myself and others as anti-vaccine because we are not making that same stupid mistake.
    I do believe that is what the kids nowadays refer to as “rekt”

Rekt | Definition of Rekt at Dictionary.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    This is absolutely stunning. The CDC is doing vaccine follow up PCR testing with a ct count of <28.

As I said many pages ago, this is how it all ends (after Biden’s spending is done.)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...estigation.pdf
    Meanwhile, in India, the threshold remains 35-40, since that is the "globally accepted cut-off". A value of 24 would be "not at all advisable".

“ICMR has taken inputs from different virology laboratories across the country to arrive at a single Ct value cut-off based on individual laboratory experiences. As per uniform consensus, a Ct value cut-off of 35 with a good sigmoidal real-time RTPCR curve is acceptable,” ICMR Director General and Secretary, Health Research, Dr Balram Bhargava wrote in a letter to Maharashtra Principal Secretary (Health) Dr Pradeep Vyas.

“All patients with a Ct value of =< 35 may be considered as positive while those with Ct value greater than 35 may be considered as negative. All samples with CT value =< 35 a poor sigmoidal curve should be essentially retested. Implementing a Ct value cut-off of 24 is not at all advisable as this would lead to missing of several infectious patients and increase disease transmission,” he added. ThePrint has a copy of the letter dated 5 April.

Bhargava wrote that the globally accepted cut-off for Ct value for Covid-19 ranges from 35-40 depending upon the instructions laid down by individual manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I mean the guys expecting Armageddon twice a week. That's the diagnosis, the gather up your shit is just a symptom. Slim says it better than me: Slim Cessna&#39;s Auto Club - Hold My Head - YouTube
    I wouldn't count you in personally.
    I'm not exactly a prepper, but I have been austere conditions many times in my life with little or no infrastructure, support or logistics. I'm also a trained catastrophist. So, when I see the possibility increasing of a catastrophic event I like to point it out. If you don't want to buy any extra food or develop any self-sufficiency that's on you. You will not be happy if bad things do happen, though.

One day you may flip the switch and the lights don't come on. Do think of me fondly when it happens, though. I'll be reading and sipping whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    No, you have to face the reality that you are a fucking moron for conflating what is not a vaccine and doesn't save anyone from shit with actual vaccines that actually do save lives. On top of that you are a dick for trying to portray myself and others as anti-vaccine because we are not making that same stupid mistake.
    OK George as you wish.

It's going to take longer that 2 weeks, so I'm okay.

This article Transgender women in sport: Are they really a 'threat' to female sport? - BBC Sport continues to fascinate me with its amazing audaciousness.

Not a single aspect of this is true at any level, but since it appears on the state-run media of the UK, you are expected to just nod in mindless agreement. This is how they work. They set the premise, which is unquestioned, and anyone benighted enough to disagree is dismissed as a dangerous fool. Really, read the whole thing -- it's a study in propaganda, although the editor illustrating the text may have been attempting to insert some logical perspective with his picture of "Hannah" about the tackle the female.
    This is exactly why the bbc has become so unpopular here. Their news site is back to back niche victimhood politics.

"Prepping" - it's just another word that has been redefined and marketed to mean something bad. Why is this not transparent to everyone? My depression era (uneducated) country neighbors taught me how to not be a dumbass...which is now called "prepping".

If I could offer you a guaranteed >10% return on investment, would you take it?
    How about 14%? How Costco Is Masking A 14% Price Jump With Shrinkflation

^This is nothing new, guys. Hidden inflation is a mathematical eventuality of our fiat currency. It is the evil hidden tax they simply omit from public school education.

Prepping to me is...buying a years worth of food...the EXACT food my family normally eats. Storing is very carefully. And then consuming it on a planned schedule a couple (or more) years down the road. It's just common sense and NO capital gains tax on my guaranteed return. If you aren't doing this, you might be a dumbass.

And for those who make fun of the gun/ammo guys. Well, I just sold a rifle on gunbroker for a >100% return on my money. Again, if you aren't doing this, you might be a dumbass. If you are buying now, you might be a leftists. Selling overpriced goods to dumbass leftists is very rewarding.

And, given the little I've pieced together from his posts, I'm pretty sure D.A. Rowe has more real world experience with true evil than all of you dancing around like nothing extreme is going to happen. Those of us (myself included) who choose to live in our safe little bubbles probably have ABSOLUTELY no idea what COULD easily happen...very quickly. And let's all be honest here: the world is the most fucked up it's ever been in our lives RIGHT NOW. Re-read this thread for proof.

I don't see myself as a "prepper". I am a risk-free, frugal investor. In other words, I'm just not a dumbass.

starting strength coach development program
    Of course, if you actually went as far as taking Klaus Schwab at his word here it would make you either an alarmist conspiracy theory-obsessed nut-job, or some kind of white supremacist...

Klaus Schwab, Founder and President of the World Economic Forum in Davos (2016): "We will have a chip implanted under the skin or in the brain within 10 years..." To avoid losing or having your health pass stolen, a solution: the subcutaneous chip.

https://twitter.com/CharlieEmmaUK/st...27541541171203

Why prep when these fine people are at the helm? Everything is fine.