starting strength gym
Page 1273 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2737731173122312631271127212731274127512831323137317732273 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,730 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What do you mean by "prepper-types"? If I keep 50 rolls of toilet paper and some ammo in stock, do I qualify?
    a couple versions of "shit hits the fan" comes to mind

Preppers expecting shtf twice a week are far less delusional than those who thinks this crumbling empire is going to be standing in a hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I'm not exactly a prepper, but I have been austere conditions many times in my life with little or no infrastructure, support or logistics. I'm also a trained catastrophist. So, when I see the possibility increasing of a catastrophic event I like to point it out. If you don't want to buy any extra food or develop any self-sufficiency that's on you. You will not be happy if bad things do happen, though.

One day you may flip the switch and the lights don't come on. Do think of me fondly when it happens, though. I'll be reading and sipping whiskey.
    You guys are just like the conspiracy theorists who get one prediction out of a hundred right and then it’s always “well everyone said xyz was a conspiracy theory, but look at us now”. The same people pushing the Covid fanatic buttons are pushing yours too. It is the same kind of robbery, just rebranded.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Preppers expecting shtf twice a week are far less delusional than those who thinks this crumbling empire is going to be standing in a hundred.
    Meant to type a hundred years, but it won't surprise me if weeks comes closer to the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You guys are just like the conspiracy theorists who get one prediction out of a hundred right and then it’s always “well everyone said xyz was a conspiracy theory, but look at us now”. The same people pushing the Covid fanatic buttons are pushing yours too. It is the same kind of robbery, just rebranded.
    I live in an area of the country that is under imminent threat from a catastrophic earthquake.

I have about 3 months of food and water, and other emergency supplies. A ton of ammo too.

Am I a prepper?

Since we're discussing prepping those of you with school age children might want to start working on the materials you'll need for homeschooling in light of this: Microsoft creates controversial barcode for children and they will have to be scanned to enter school | The BL And if you don't think that shit will migrate from LA to the rest of the country I got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? I think you might be projecting someone else onto me. I'm following market indicators. Inflation IS coming here in the US, and it's finally happening. Fuel shortages have already happened in my local -- I watched gas stations run out. I talk to friends in different industries... the people who deal with ordering, logistics and freight.

How do you think a lot of Texans felt recently during the winter storm? All it takes is one event that buckles the national system. Our entire system is optimized purely around efficiency. What do you think happens once the machine stops? You think it just starts back again? Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't.

And what I meant earlier by "it" happening was a meaningful and obvious inflation of goods and materials in such a way that businesses can no longer eat the cost and so they pass that onto the customer? What do you think society will be like after two weeks of tripled prices?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Meant to type a hundred years, but it won't surprise me if weeks comes closer to the mark.
    Today my 15 y.o. daughter asked me how long America was going to last. I think the question was provoked by her readings in AP World Hist, where they read about the rise and fall of empires.

I said nothing was certain. I should've added - "as long as you want it to".

It's not always easy to tell what this bloke is trying to say, but here he is speculating, based on available research, that the vaccines are immunosuppressive, i.e. those that catch the virus and die, would have had a better chance of survival if they didn't get the jab.
    Hyperlipid: Feeling experimental?

"No one seems to have considered that the vaccine might be directly immunosuppressive. For young fit healthy people this might not matter. In a nursing home it's a death sentence for many. They died.

Someone needs to tell the Indian government. And maybe the Japanese government too, before they cancel the Olympics."

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Today my 15 y.o. daughter asked me how long America was going to last. I think the question was provoked by her readings in AP World Hist, where they read about the rise and fall of empires.

I said nothing was certain. I should've added - "as long as you want it to".
    I think this may have happened, but it wreaks of “my 7 year old hugged me when Chauvin was convicted and said, thanks mom, this means there is racial justice in the world!”