starting strength gym
Page 1275 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 2757751175122512651273127412751276127712851325137517752275 ... LastLast
Results 12,741 to 12,750 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’ve been watching my weekly grocery bill creep up incrementally for the past year. Quantity hasn’t gone up in my order.

Rogan is pushing back. His conversation with Dave Smith got all the Karens’ pussy hairs in a pinch. Smith said the dude after him went hard after Herr Doctor, even the sketchy bullshit with the Chinese lab he was funding and his other conflicts of interest. The pearl clutching can be almost heard from across the country.

I don’t think I’ve hated anyone more than that cocksucker, not even John McCain.

The media drives the whole thing. Look at this story: DeSantis executive order suspends all local COVID-19 orders

ST. PETERSBURG - Gov. Ron DeSantis is suspending all local COVID-19 orders immediately by executive order. The announcement was made Monday morning while DeSantis was visiting St. Petersburg.

DeSantis said while COVID isn’t over, the need for emergency rules is.

The bill the governor signed Monday gives him the ability to override local emergency orders like the ones passed throughout Florida after the pandemic began.

It does not take effect until July 1, but DeSantis said his executive order suspends local ordinances immediately.

“The bill ensures that neither the state or local governments can close businesses or keep kids out of in-personal instruction unless they satisfy a demanding and continuous justification,” he said.
    And of all the comments they could have used with this, they chose this:

St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman posted on Twitter his displeasure with the governor's action.

"Today, in preempting both local governments AND businesses from keeping their establishments safe, Ron DeSantis decided he cares not about public health, but power," Kriseman said.

In another tweet, the mayor said: "To be clear, cities like St. Pete, Tampa, Orlando, Miami and Miami Beach, saved Florida and the governor's behind throughout this pandemic. Can you imagine if each city had been led by Ron DeSantis? How many lives would have been lost? What would our economy look like today?"
    The man removing power from local Fascists is all about his power -- the power to return power to the citizens of Florida. It's fucking amazing that 90% of the people who read this will believe it, because of their conditioning, their lack of concern for their own freedom, and their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Something something stones something glass houses...

How many times last year did you say Europe was going to back to normal in just a few weeks?
    But that’s different, I was being overly optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I don’t think I’ve hated anyone more than that cocksucker, not even John McCain.
    Can we crowd fund a brazen bull for Dr. Fauci?

Somebody protecting assets?
    Bill Gates announces the end of his marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The media drives the whole thing. Look at this story: DeSantis executive order suspends all local COVID-19 orders

And of all the comments they could have used with this, they chose this:

The man removing power from local Fascists is all about his power -- the power to return power to the citizens of Florida. It's fucking amazing that 90% of the people who read this will believe it, because of their conditioning, their lack of concern for their own freedom, and their stupidity.
    One government, that of the State of Florida, pre-empting the stupidity of another government, the counties and municipalities, is basically inter-tribal warfare. Listen, autistic libertarians, there's a right culture and a wrong culture. No one gives a shit about liberty if the world looks like Whitmer's Michigan.

This is how they work. They set the premise, which is unquestioned, and anyone benighted enough to disagree is dismissed as a dangerous fool.
    Here's another example of this propaganda mechanism in action: Biden team may partner with private firms to monitor extremist chatter online - CNNPolitics

The premise is that "white supremacy" and "white nationalism" and "right-wing extremism" are the primary dangers to the republic, despite that fact that every sensible human being knows this is complete bullshit. It wasn't in operation Jan. 6, and it's not in operation anywhere, but you are assumed to agree with it, and you are a fool if you don't. You don't want to be a fool, therefore you agree. Then follows some minor disagreement between DHS and CNN's staunch defense of the constitution, even while the premise remains solidly in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    He had the nerve to ask for privacy. After he pilfered information about all of us.

The premise is that "white supremacy" and "white nationalism" and "right-wing extremism" are the primary dangers to the republic, despite that fact that every sensible human being knows this is complete bullshit.
    The reality is that whites on the right are the primary danger to politicians, not to the nation, so the propaganda machine is running at full steam to disarm them while simultaneously making laws that aren't meant to stop extremists (whatever that is) but rather strip regular Americans of the capability to defend themselves from tyranny. Whites are taking their sweet ass time to get angry enough to do something so when they do it might be too late.

starting strength coach development program
    Caught some sort of a bug over the weekend. Scratchy throat saturday followed by sinus irritation later in the evening.

Sunday my nose began running and i felt a bit feverish. Did a bunch of yard work and I had convinced myself that it was allergies.

Woke up Monday morning feeling a bit under the weather and slightly symptomatic, so i cancelled my appointments and took the day off. Later in the day i began coughing and feeling a bit shittier and more feverish. My breathing felt like i was wearing a mask on a humid day. So I administered 100mg of doxycycline, as I had planned to do in this situation. Within an hour my nose stopped running, fever reduced, coughing reduced and feeling much better.

I had not expected this to begin working so quickly. This bug, whatever it was, did not feel different than most colds I’ve had in the past and although i tend to recover quickly, I had expected the cough to worsen for a couple of days.

I just took a second dose of doxy before bed - we’ll see how i feel in the morning, but I plan on going to work.

Doxycycline is easy to get a prescription for, it has a long shelf life, and it’s one of least harmful antibiotics a person can take. Hope this helps!