starting strength gym
Page 1276 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2767761176122612661274127512761277127812861326137617762276 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,760 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Google tracking data used to tie Wisconsin man to U.S. Capitol breach

This is how they get you now. Abram is a good kid but got too curious and didn’t know better to stay away. Now the feds picked him up for just being there, which is bullshit.

ST. PETERSBURG - Gov. Ron DeSantis is suspending all local COVID-19 orders immediately by executive order. The announcement was made Monday morning while DeSantis was visiting St. Petersburg.

DeSantis said while COVID isn’t over, the need for emergency rules is.

The bill the governor signed Monday gives him the ability to override local emergency orders like the ones passed throughout Florida after the pandemic began.

It does not take effect until July 1, but DeSantis said his executive order suspends local ordinances immediately.

“The bill ensures that neither the state or local governments can close businesses or keep kids out of in-personal instruction unless they satisfy a demanding and continuous justification,” he said.
    Better late than never, but all I see is more people wearing masks than ever in the Tampa Bay area though.

The programming has worked.

Saw three Covid-20 Non-Vaccine commercials last night during a half hours show.

Maybe Bill Gates is right and we need a good culling.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    One government, that of the State of Florida, pre-empting the stupidity of another government, the counties and municipalities, is basically inter-tribal warfare. Listen, autistic libertarians, there's a right culture and a wrong culture. No one gives a shit about liberty if the world looks like Whitmer's Michigan.
    The moral compass of so many is either broken or lost. These stupid, evil mandates are issued from beyond the pale of legitimate authority, have no positive justification and do plenty of harm. It is disgusting that anyone ever submitted to them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The premise is that "white supremacy" and "white nationalism" and "right-wing extremism" are the primary dangers to the republic, despite that fact that every sensible human being knows this is complete bullshit. It wasn't in operation Jan. 6, and it's not in operation anywhere, but you are assumed to agree with it, and you are a fool if you don't. You don't want to be a fool, therefore you agree.
    And to be clear: they have nothing but thought crime to complain about.

But they'll keep pushing until full and utter submission or......nevermind. I bet folks will sign up for submitting their friendships for approval from Affirmative Action before they do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here's another example of this propaganda mechanism in action: Biden team may partner with private firms to monitor extremist chatter online - CNNPolitics

The premise is that "white supremacy" and "white nationalism" and "right-wing extremism" are the primary dangers to the republic, despite that fact that every sensible human being knows this is complete bullshit. It wasn't in operation Jan. 6, and it's not in operation anywhere, but you are assumed to agree with it, and you are a fool if you don't. You don't want to be a fool, therefore you agree. Then follows some minor disagreement between DHS and CNN's staunch defense of the constitution, even while the premise remains solidly in place.
    We're finally starting to see people buck, though. Will it be enough? Maybe. Probably not enough to save the Union as we knew it. I think the urban centers and those who dwell there-in are irredeemably broken to the media whip. Some of the research reading I have been doing lately draws close parallels between social media addiction and methamphetamine. I've dealt with a lot of methamphetamine, lately, and it does bear some strong resemblance at the anecdotal level. Primarily the hijacking of the pleasure center of the brain. I don't think there's all that much difference between getting high at your daughter's kindergarten graduation and not bing able to put your phone down during the same event.

In short: they've stumbled upon a system of information control whereby they have the bull by the nose AND the nuts. Fear and pleasure at the push of a button. Rip, I hope you're successful with SSN, but part of me wonders if we don't need to abandon online "community" altogether.

Remaining attachments. Excess death from 2020_01 to 2021_15 in Florida is way better that in California. I include the substantial recent death deficit in California which may be delayed reporting.

Age-adjustment reduces % excess by ~3 percentage points: 9% to 6%, 15% to 12%. https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013/status/1389371364184707073/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013/s...184707073?s=19

Now that the fear of the virus is subsiding, efforts are on the way to re-write the facts. Will post four graphics on Florida & California using excess death age adjusted and comparing to natural death. Pre-2020. All are based on my best science. https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013/status/1389369427469082627/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013/s...469082627?s=19

I watch more left wing news than right. It’s funnier, to the point, and is a good indicator of what the country will be talking about in the next few weeks. They do it so well and laugh at conservatives while doing it. This morning they were laughing about how Texas is doing so well despite lifting the restrictions. They were calling Abbot an idiot a month ago. They are so cute and elite, they are literally whooping our asses and laughing about it on cable tv... also on public tv. They changed the rules on elections, “won” it, and called the other side terrorist... and laughed about it while they were tearing cities apart.

The strongest word in the world is NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericw View Post
    Google tracking data used to tie Wisconsin man to U.S. Capitol breach

This is how they get you now. Abram is a good kid but got too curious and didn’t know better to stay away. Now the feds picked him up for just being there, which is bullshit.
    Pretty soon, they'll be picking us up for having wanted to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    Caught some sort of a bug over the weekend. Scratchy throat saturday followed by sinus irritation later in the evening.

Sunday my nose began running and i felt a bit feverish. Did a bunch of yard work and I had convinced myself that it was allergies.

Woke up Monday morning feeling a bit under the weather and slightly symptomatic, so i cancelled my appointments and took the day off. Later in the day i began coughing and feeling a bit shittier and more feverish. My breathing felt like i was wearing a mask on a humid day. So I administered 100mg of doxycycline, as I had planned to do in this situation. Within an hour my nose stopped running, fever reduced, coughing reduced and feeling much better.

I had not expected this to begin working so quickly. This bug, whatever it was, did not feel different than most colds I’ve had in the past and although i tend to recover quickly, I had expected the cough to worsen for a couple of days.

I just took a second dose of doxy before bed - we’ll see how i feel in the morning, but I plan on going to work.

Doxycycline is easy to get a prescription for, it has a long shelf life, and it’s one of least harmful antibiotics a person can take. Hope this helps!
    This is interesting but not helpful.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This is good, Satch. Like like Scott Adams's take on it: "In one of the greatest management moves of all time, Basecamp's CEO persuaded all of his most grindingly annoying employees to resign at once."