starting strength gym
Page 1287 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2877871187123712771285128612871288128912971337138717872287 ... LastLast
Results 12,861 to 12,870 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Our local Kroger still displays mask signage, but doesn’t enforce it, due to some violent incidents. Known by way of employee hearsay; I don’t have the details.

Incidentally, our governor lifted the mask mandate recently, while continuing to promote masks as “the right thing to do”. I’m a single-issue pro-life voter, but I just might spite this guy in the next election. I’m also ready to spite my bishop for his same ignorance on the issue, but don’t really know how. Though I was the only one without a mask at his Easter vigil midnight Mass at the cathedral, one year ago. I think we made eye contact. Fun.

In our local Catholic community, the mask is being promoted as “love of neighbor”. I would say preserving the republic qualifies as love of neighbor too. This is how we shrug our way into totalitarianism and slouch into the future.
    Might be time to trade up to TLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    They returned yet again...this time: Artur Pawlowski and Dawid Pawlowski arrested after the Church service

His crime? Holding church without allowing the health authorities in to chaperon.
    And here they finally got him: POLICE STATE: Watch the moment a SWAT team arrests a Canadian pastor - YouTube

Cop-shit. It's everywhere. Always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    No, I'm someone who likes being able to get things like food. There is no option for a place to get some without a mask on. This just isn't that kind of territory, because we have things like the governor personally threatening businesses that don't follow his poorly thought out rules.
    Nobody delivers, huh? And I'm sure you have tried to shop without one, right? At least made them ask, right?

And nobody said it wouldn't cost something to resist.

Which is the real issue.

I could give a damn if people make compromises for necessity or even efficiency, but there is no line for most people and most people have and will do absolutely nothing but bitch.

And those with actual balls will get dragged off alone.

HERE WE ARE: Calgary pastor Artur Pawlowski has been arrested for holding a church service | Not the Bee

I don't particularly enjoy being the odd man out in certain public venues where everyone else is wearing mask and I was certainly not in any rush to get arrested or anything when assholes here were pushing hard to enforce this shit, fuck 'em. And here at least, the folks who went to the wall all won in court anyway.

But I'm sure it'll all go away by itself wherever you are. And I'm even surer that after they now know you all failed their shit tests that they will never do anything of the sort again. Just like that time.......give me a minute.....hmmm.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And here they finally got him: POLICE STATE: Watch the moment a SWAT team arrests a Canadian pastor - YouTube

Cop-shit. It's everywhere. Always has been.
    Nothing demonstrates a concern for public safety like arresting a guy in the middle of a busy wet road.

Stunning and brave.

Those pigs are true heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    The only time I wear a mask consistently is at our church. Why? I'm worried some parishioner will tattle to our bishop, and he'll take our priest and move him to another location. I dont want to be THAT person. If I didn't really love our priest, I'd not wear one. The other time is when I am performing some community service.

Nearly everywhere else (gym, grocery store, restaurants) I don't wear one anymore. (but I did in Costco today... But it was under my chin most of the time)
    There’s a Latin-Mass parish (non-schismatic) where most, if not all, do not mask. Bish hasn’t dropped the hammer on them. Then again, there are probably no snitches there. They are preoccupied with looking forward instead of sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Over my head.

Not HLM…

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Wait, I got it. The Traditional Latin Mass? Ironic, given one of my pending posts.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Our local Kroger still displays mask signage, but doesn’t enforce it, due to some violent incidents. Known by way of employee hearsay; I don’t have the details.

Incidentally, our governor lifted the mask mandate recently, while continuing to promote masks as “the right thing to do”. I’m a single-issue pro-life voter, but I just might spite this guy in the next election. I’m also ready to spite my bishop for his same ignorance on the issue, but don’t really know how. Though I was the only one without a mask at his Easter vigil midnight Mass at the cathedral, one year ago. I think we made eye contact. Fun.

In our local Catholic community, the mask is being promoted as “love of neighbor”. I would say preserving the republic qualifies as love of neighbor too. This is how we shrug our way into totalitarianism and slouch into the future.
    The people working in these places generally aren't the ones who actually give a shit about the mask mandates. BUT, when someone complains, they are stuck having to enforce them or facing the wrath of Cuomo. In my short stint working recently, I didn't require customers to wear masks if they didn't want to, though I did when dealing with customers because we did occasionally get some fucking mask weirdos coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    One thing you can do in these full compliance areas is always walk in without a mask, and then put it on only when confronted. Those who really hate being confrontational can even participate with a smile and an "oh, I forgot!". If a critical mass of people participated in this, I think mask enforcement would erode almost like magic. Simply seeing uncovered faces in high compliance locations is psychologically powerful. The more often people see them, the quicker the magic fades, and the more exhausted the apparatchiks become with harassing people. What's the point if most of the people they confront smile, apologize, and put the mask on, while another "forgetful" person walks by without a mask thirty feet away? There aren't enough apparatchiks roaming about to plug every crack in the dam. The distraction would also give bolder people room to be more aggressive with their actions, almost like suppressive fire does. If we are going to have any chance of winning, I think we need to come up with and adopt subversive tactics like this. I understand that it isn't very palatable, but passive aggressiveness works better than direct action in the current culture, so "when in Rome..." Of course, this is no excuse to stop being bold where it is viable. The point is to arrange whatever troops we have according to their ability and circumstances. I suspect there are a lot of effective tactics we could use that don't even cross our minds because we tend not to be subversive, manipulative people. We like to handle things above board and directly. Unfortunately, they are exploiting this as a weakness, and they're doing a pretty good job of it.
    There are places in the US where this will work. I am not sure the state of New York is one of them. This place is built to basically siphon the lifeblood of its populace.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Hopefully it’s going to come to light now. One thing that has bothered me from the beginning is the rush to call this a racist conspiracy theory. I simply couldn’t reconcile this with most Americans thinking it was racist. It’s nonsense so I wondered what really was driving that narrative. The article does a great job of explaining it.
    Yes, HCQ and Ivermectin are a racists conspiracy theories as well, I'm sure. It's a childish tact, but MSM & Social Media programming can make any tact very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    When I was at UNC, we did gain of function research on Interleukin-6 using DNA recombination. I continued doing the same in Seattle at a biotech with an EGF homologue. Creating chimeras for GOF on the HER-2 receptors. This type of GOF is commonplace and essentially harmless and can be quite beneficial. I can’t imagine what it would feel like doing so on a highly dangerous pathogen.
    Wow! It's a small world. It must be a very odd feeling to learn that knowledge you helped develop was later twisted into something ugly & dark by the CCP et al.

I remember debating the ethics of technology & science in both undergrad and grad school. These concepts are alien to the CCP, and it's clear to me that many Chinese students & researchers working/studying here in the US....answer to the CCP; they have no choice. I suspect the CCP is like Hotel California...you can check out, but you can never leave.

Why would anyone teach the CCP this science, and THEN further fund the research in China...AFTER the scientific community had forced its defunding in the US? We really can't move forward until the truth about this is presented to every human on the planet.

Similarly, beautiful AI-based technology has been turned into an ugly control grid by Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc by people who never embraced basic ethics taught in school in my day. I believe we now know the true origin of Facebook. I suspect the same groups were behind the dark vision of Google, Twitter, and Youtube.

As a society, the ethics of science & technology needs to become the new racism. Unfortunately, many decades will pass before humans evolve to that point. We will eventually look back on this time like we now look at slavery....with painful shame.