starting strength gym
Page 1288 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 2887881188123812781286128712881289129012981338138817882288 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,880 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    , , , When did protests in America become indistinguishable from riots?
    we are a bit polarized, aren't we ?

when did professional sports championships winning celebrations turn into looting , burning, , car flipping, , , street events ?

I still blame MTV

Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    we are a bit polarized, aren't we ?

when did professional sports championships winning celebrations turn into looting , burning, , car flipping, , , street events ?

I still blame MTV
    MTV brought us Ratt, so it’s not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    MTV brought us Ratt, so it’s not all bad.
    Some folks see that as a problem.

The media sewer flows on: In a small New Hampshire town, the 2020 election still rages

The crowd at the Monday meeting had been fired up by conservative media, which in recent weeks has seized on the town’s election results for four seats in the state House as suspect. The attention, fanned by a Donald Trump adviser who happens to be a Windham resident, has helped a routine recount spiral, ultimately engulfing the town in a false theory that the national election was stolen from Trump.

It doesn’t seem to matter that Republicans won all four state House seats in question.

The dust-up shows just how far Trump’s election lies — and the search for evidence to support them — have burrowed into American politics, even the most local. Like House Republicans in Washington fighting over what some call the “Big Lie” and lawmakers in Arizona conducting a partisan “recount,” this bedroom community is still wrestling with the aftermath of 2020.
    This "journalist" -- one "Michael Casey" -- wore out the thesaurus.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The people working in these places generally aren't the ones who actually give a shit about the mask mandates. BUT, when someone complains, they are stuck having to enforce them or facing the wrath of Cuomo. In my short stint working recently, I didn't require customers to wear masks if they didn't want to, though I did when dealing with customers because we did occasionally get some fucking mask weirdos coming in.

There are places in the US where this will work. I am not sure the state of New York is one of them. This place is built to basically siphon the lifeblood of its populace.
    It's my belief that very few gym owners and serious lifters are happy about mask mandates. Although I live in NY and masks are required in gyms, I almost never wear one while I'm lifting. Although wearing masks so that they actually cover both the mouth and nose appears to be popular with those who frequent certain areas of the gym, such behavior is far less common around the squat and deadlift platforms. If someone is wearing a mask "properly" near me, I explain that I have already recovered from Covid and ask if they would mind if I remove my mask while lifting if I replace it as soon as I'm finished. So far, nobody has objected. Between sets I find an area where I can take off my mask.

At the request of a high risk immediate family member I got vaccinated, so now I can say I've recovered and been vaccinated.

My home gym is being relocated to a new garage which is why I'm tolerating masks for some aspects of my conditioning and lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Some folks see that as a problem.
    Tawny Kitaen died a couple of days ago. RIP.

FLCCC Alliance Global Expert Panel - YouTube
    If you have a long drive and want something to listen to, hearing Some of the stories of Dr Jackie Stone of Zimbabwe is important. There was a certain point in her struggle that she might have been sent to jail for healing people with an authorized safe drug albeit at the time, not for covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Tawny Kitaen died a couple of days ago. RIP.
    Here we go again on our own.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And here they finally got him: POLICE STATE: Watch the moment a SWAT team arrests a Canadian pastor - YouTube

I'm sure it's just coincidence this happened where Muslim Mayor Naheed Nenshi reigns.

“Those people at those anti-mask protests, let’s not kid ourselves. They’re not people who [are protesting because they] need to eat. They are people who are marching in thinly veiled white nationalist supremacist anti-government protests,” he said.
    Modern Christians are too feminized to mount a proper Crusade.

--

https://archive.is/LmwmB

At a recent hearing for Richard Barnett, an Arkansas man perhaps best known for being photographed with his feet propped up on a desk in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, prosecutors said that they had offered a deal that could result in a sentence of 70 to 87 months in prison. Mr. Barnett’s lawyer, Steven Metcalf, later said he was disappointed with the proposal and could not understand why the government was offering so much time to a man who had not broken anything nor hurt anyone inside the Capitol.
    Carjack and murder a man while black and female gets you zero jail time.

Be a white man who supports Trump and put your feet on Pelosi's desk gets you 7 years.

"Show up for the midterms!!!!" won't fix any of this.