starting strength gym
Page 1289 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 2897891189123912791287128812891290129112991339138917892289 ... LastLast
Results 12,881 to 12,890 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And this is another great demonstration of why discussion is pointless with these scumbags:

Never cared much for late night TV, but I'd occasionally watch a musical guest I liked. I've probably sat through a dozen or so episodes of Leno and maybe a couple Letterman. They both made fun of everyone, regardless of political leanings.

I'll take the good ol' days of them just being vapid vs them being an arm of the Leftist propaganda machine.

Tawny Kitaen died a couple of days ago. RIP.
    It was obviously from the broken heart caused by it never working out between her and I.

A sad day indeed for men of a certain age.
    I will stop there.

ok, there was some good on mtv,
    sleep easy Tawny

I'm Greek Orthodox... Different bishop, different everything.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    There’s a Latin-Mass parish (non-schismatic) where most, if not all, do not mask. Bish hasn’t dropped the hammer on them. Then again, there are probably no snitches there. They are preoccupied with looking forward instead of sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan1 View Post
    It's my belief that very few gym owners and serious lifters are happy about mask mandates. Although I live in NY and masks are required in gyms, I almost never wear one while I'm lifting. Although wearing masks so that they actually cover both the mouth and nose appears to be popular with those who frequent certain areas of the gym, such behavior is far less common around the squat and deadlift platforms. If someone is wearing a mask "properly" near me, I explain that I have already recovered from Covid and ask if they would mind if I remove my mask while lifting if I replace it as soon as I'm finished. So far, nobody has objected. Between sets I find an area where I can take off my mask.

At the request of a high risk immediate family member I got vaccinated, so now I can say I've recovered and been vaccinated.

My home gym is being relocated to a new garage which is why I'm tolerating masks for some aspects of my conditioning and lifting.
    No one who actually lifts anything remotely heavy at my gym does so with a mask over their mouth. Anyone who does their lifts with a mask on is always clearly doing light loads that don't remotely challenge them, often with form fuckups like partial depth squatting. But partial depth squatting is the norm in most gyms for people attempting to squat.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Wait, I got it. The Traditional Latin Mass? Ironic, given one of my pending posts.
    Yep. The SSPX and FSSP-run congregations are reportedly experiencing peak attendance with no compliance with the will of Caesar. Plus, no rock music at mass.

I heard about a guy in Norway who used to live in the US who got a $1400 check the other day. But here, manufacturers can't get aluminum, steel, coolant, fasteners, and other basic supplies because people are staying home from work, waiting on mailbox money. I can't eat fried chicken for lunch because nobody will show up for work to make it for me. This is an incalculable disaster, and it's not going to turn out the way its designers have intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    …no rock music at mass.
    No new rock music. What is old was once new. I always hear a trap set in my mind behind Bachs organ works. It’s the original heavy metal.

I heard about a guy in Norway who used to live in the US who got a $1400 check the other day. But here, manufacturers can't get aluminum, steel, coolant, fasteners, and other basic supplies because people are staying home from work, waiting on mailbox money. I can't eat fried chicken for lunch because nobody will show up for work to make it for me. This is an incalculable disaster, and it's not going to turn out the way its designers have intended.
    My cousins in Italy got both rounds of theirs way before any of us stateside did, despite them not living in the United States for 20+ years.

Meanwhile, the landscaping work we contracted for is delayed because the contractor is waiting on delivery of paver stones. The production yards are backed up because they can't find enough staff to work. Yes, yes, wah, wah, landscaping. I'm fucking tired of looking at this dirt hole in my back yard.

starting strength coach development program
    Here's an interesting table: Deaths in the UK from 1990 to 2020 - Office for National Statistics

It turns out that 2020 had the worst age-standardised mortality rate since 2008, hardly the hell on earth the MSM have been portraying for the last twelve months.