starting strength gym
Page 1293 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 2937931193124312831291129212931294129513031343139317932293 ... LastLast
Results 12,921 to 12,930 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well, I guess we can get that pangolin, after all. This guy apparently used to be head science writer for the NYT.

Origin of Covid — Following the Clues | by Nicholas Wade | May, 2021 | Medium

torn on DeSantis. Love him as our governor, and don't want to lose him, but getting someone like him atop the federal heap is

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post
    Gilead, I assume this is a copy-paste, but these numbers seem slightly off from what I see in the study. Can you confirm?
    Yes, it was a copy and paste, in this instance, I did not go through the paper or the numbers, I was relying on Zelenkos's post which he mentions again in this short 5-minute interview.
    Zelenko interview on Fauci and vaccines in pregnancy - YouTube
    Zelenko interview on Fauci and vaccines in pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Now, doctors can't do anything unless some bureaucrat at CDC or FDA or the AMA tells them specifically what to do and gives them a written protocol on how to do it.

As far as I know, doctors should (are?) still be free to care for a patient according to their 'science and conscience', as per the Hippocratic Oath they take on entering the profession. So, it's not that they can't, more that some of them they don't want to (not that it makes it any more acceptable).

Another thing to consider is that, in the past few years there has been an increased disciplinary crackdown on doctors whose science and conscience brought them too far from the 'official' position on some subjects. Vaccinations provide glaring and numerous examples, with doctors daring to challenge the official view on mandatory vaccinations being put under pressure, up to and including being banned from the profession.

In the case of CoVid, I think that for the vast majority of medical professionals the second factor weighed far more than the first; following official advice (which amounts to little more than 'do nothing and hope for the best') on treatment was the easiest option on many counts, because it made life easier, and because it avoided potential disciplinary consequences. It's a very lamentable state of affairs, but the rot started long ago, when officialdom began sanctioning dissenting positions on scientific debates (which is the very definition of anti-science, but this is a debate for another day). It's also a state of affairs for which the medical profession itself has to take a lot of blame, for failing to defend that very right to express dissenting opinions (and one could discuss for a long time about how the medical profession officialdom came to this).

The results of that 'coward' (for wont of a better word) attitude are now in, and they don't look good; personally, I think this story has seriously damaged the bond of trust between the medical profession and the public at large; I don't know if the damage is irreparable, but even if it isn't, it will take a while to rebuild that bond.

IPB

Incredible TEDx Talk on Viral Issue Realities, Short Excerpt here! - YouTube
    (5 minute watch)
    A stunningly insightful Psychiatry expert absolutely nails it on the realities of Lockdowns! Dr. Mikle Eades' excellent summary of the Stupid People here: The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity - Protein Power

The above YouTube video is a redaction of the full talk here - it's brilliant: The Security Junkie Syndrome; How Pausing the World Leads to Catastrophe | David Eberhard | TEDxSSE - YouTube

Description from above link:
    "Why are we obsessed with danger, and conversely with safety? The Swedish psychiatrist and author David Eberhard comments on the effects that a lockdown has on a population, and on how we feel less and less secure despite arguably living in the safest period of time in human history. David has worked in psychiatry for most of his adult life, at multiple different centers in Stockholm. Since 2019, David is working as the head of staff at PRIMA Maria Addiction Care Clinic.
    Clinic.
    In addition, he is a bestselling author and active lecturer, focusing on everything from responsibility and human rights and violations of these, to security thinking and child rearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    This all applies to my 85 yr old Mother today vis-a-vis COVID. Prayer and chicken soup.

Many of us agree the handling of COVID has been a debacle, riddled with fraud and incompetency. Including many of the reasons you have pointed out. However, to make the argument that medicine (at large) is worse now than the past is in the same derangement space as claiming American racism problems are worse.

Don’t be that guy.
    It's not medicine per se; it's patient care. There aren't relationships with doctors anymore. I went to school with my pediatricians kids growing up. An extended family member was my grandparents doctor for decades in New York.

The whole field has been twisted and warped, and not to patients' benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Based upon what?

Where are medical outcomes better than 30 or so years ago Satch is referencing?

AIDS, cancer, diabetes, joint replacement, surgery, pain management, prosthetics, strokes, heart disease, etc.

However, that was not my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    True. All the lanes across the bridge are shut down. That bridge is a main artery not only across the river but across the country. The cracks on the bottom side so they had closed it to boat traffic as well. Traffic is backed up for miles. They are saying a week. If they say a week then you can count on at least 2 if not more. "They" are never honest in estimations, estimations are for purposes of managing the public reaction not accuracy.
    I'm not a conspiracy theory kinda fellow, but something about this is terribly coincidental. A specific pipeline is attacked while they simultaneously discovered a condition on the femoral artery of Mississippi bridges requiring that river and road traffic be halted. The I-40 is the newer of the two, so I wonder what disaster might befall the I-55. I also wonder if a daring individual with a suitably capable drone platform could get close enough to perform a visual inspection.

I ALSO wonder how this affects chicken and rice exports from the region. Riceland in Northeast Arkansas is the largest exporter of rice in the world, I believe. Tyson, Peco, Ozark Mountain Poultry and others operate throughout the northern parts of the state, Mississippi, and I think Missouri.

All while federal policies seemed singularly focused on collapsing the economy of the entire world. Good. I've said before: it will need to be sufficiently painful for people to learn anything. Maybe we'll get to stick around long enough see if it was conspiracy or idiocy that caused them to incinerate paradise.

Of course, this infrastructure deterioration occurred on Donald Trump's Watch. He is therefore also responsible for the impending CPI adjustment.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I'm not a conspiracy theory kinda fellow, but something about this is terribly coincidental.
    Why is Whitmer ordering a pipeline running through Michigan to be shut down no later than May 12? The company that runs the pipeline seems to be ignoring her. Everything going on right now is bizarre almost beyond belief. The Suez Canal thing was almost certainly not accidental either, btw.

I think what we're witnessing is low key warfare that is trying to stay invisible to public scrutiny. Kinda like mommy and daddy fighting right up until their kid enters the room, at which point they pretend everything is normal. "The broken glass? Oh, mommy just dropped a dish."