starting strength gym
Page 1307 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 3078071207125712971305130613071308130913171357140718072307 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,070 of 30184

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Australia's COVID Restrictions: Doing the Same Things that Failed Over 100 Years Ago

Australia now takes pride of place alongside North Korea as having the world's strictest border controls. Masks, border closures, stay-at-home orders – Australia tried all this way back in 1919 with the Spanish Flu. Unlike COVID-19, the Spanish Flu was a genuine public health threat. But the draconian 1919 restrictions caused more harm than good, and they are having the same deleterious effect now.

Australia’s COVID Restrictions: Doing the Same Things that Failed Over 100 Years Ago – Anthony Colpo
    Buddy, you want to join Colpo in migrating to the West Bank, no restrictions there.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    And honest, intellectually curious ones tend to project that onto assholes.

Took me about 40 years to realize that many, if not most, people are not debating things in good faith. Not only are they not listening to you, but they are not even listening to themselves.

Though I still fall for it 2020 may have cured me.
    And not even to you, George.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I remember frequent science articles about it when I was in elementrary school and constantly being required to write essays on the topic.
    Every standardized science test would also have questions on it.
    Then, the topic mysteriously had vanished by the time I reached high school.
    I remember two or three warnings when I was a kid, back in communist times. Parents would make us come back inside because acid rain was supposed to fall. Then the whole thing suddenly vanished.
    It's the same crew over and over again is what I think. The only major difference is that this time they managed to actually scare a large part of the world into compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
    I was merely addressing the points that many others keep creating strawman arguments about. What is being said on here really is quite ridiculous. But if you are not concerned about the virus, that is fine. I have seen the quality of the information you typically post that informs your decisions. Therefore, any argument regarding masks and/or vaccines with you as a source is meaningless. But once again, the decision belongs to you. I don't care to protect you from yourself. It is not as though you are in a low risk population if you do happen to get it. Vaccinations are available. Private employers should be able to regulate their own private business as they feel best fits them. You are free, now go enjoy your freedom. Just make certain that while you are out in public to respect the freedom of others around you who might not share the same views.
    This guy is the textbook definition of what Vox Day calls gamma.

-1 PRF (programmed -1 ribosomal frameshifting) occurs during replication of SARS-Cov-2, but not in human cells, so it is a promising therapeutic target. In vitro, two drugs have been found to significantly alter -1 PRF efficiency for SARS-Cov-2: ivermectin and merafloxacin. Ivermectin enhances -1 PRF, whereas merafloxacin (a discontinued antibiotic) inhibits it. Intuitively, the latter is more promising. It’s also less cytotoxic. However, it has been experimentally observed that either increasing or decreasing efficiency can inhibit viral replication; see refs in Section 4 of this review.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Buddy, you want to join Colpo in migrating to the West Bank, no restrictions there.
    Looks like a decent option, wal: Australia’s COVID Restrictions: Doing the Same Things that Failed Over 100 Years Ago – Anthony Colpo

The Federal Health Department’s website admits the median age of those dying with COVID-19 in Australia is 86 years.

United Nations Population Division data puts the estimated Australian life expectancy at 83.94 years, while OECD data cites a life expectancy of 82.8 years.

That means those dying with COVID-19 in Australia lived, on average, over 2-3 years longer than the country's estimated life expectancy.

... But since when did Australia ever abide by rule of law? Since 1919, when it signed the Treaty of Versailles, Australia has been masquerading as a sovereign nation, all the while bearing a constitution imposed by a foreign power during colonial rule. Australians are subject to the laws of a country that legislated back in 1971 to declare citizens of Australia (and the other colonies) were not British citizens, nor British subjects, nor British residents, and that they had no entitlements under British law.

Furthermore, as a member of the United Nations, the supposedly sovereign state of Australia should not be enforcing laws imposed by a foreign power, unless mutually and explicitly agreed to by Australia and the UK in a treaty (no such treaty exists).

The Australian government, of course, isn't too keen for people to know this, which is why in 2017 its political enforcers, the Australian Federal Police, went around to bookstores pulling copies of a book that lays out the whole charade in detail.
    Buddy, let us know if anything "happens" to Anthony. And here's another former subject of the Crown behaving the new way:
    Exclusive: Documents reveal Chinese fighter pilots are training in aircraft-to-aircraft combat in Canadian airspace and the Minister of Transportation signed off on the program - Rebel News

Pretty good mask article here: Will Democrats mask America forever? - UnHerd

Even if the virus was no longer a threat, the argument went, the mask served other, equally important functions — and people began finding reasons to celebrate them. Wearing a mask even after you’d been vaccinated meant you were compassionate (“Other people don’t know that I’m vaccinated, and I care more about their emotional comfort than about having my face free!”), and health-conscious (“Masks prevent colds and flu, too!”) and even a good feminist (“Masking relieves me of the burden of the male gaze!”) And of course, it also meant you weren’t one of those people. The anti-maskers. The Trump voters. The bad ones, who believe bad things; the ones whose fault it was that we were even in this mess in the first place.
    But it’s not just that many liberals are still wearing masks, even outdoors, purely to signal to random passersby that they aren’t Republicans. At the same time, to admit out loud that you don’t enjoy masking — or even that you look forward to removing your mask after you’ve been vaccinated — has become a bizarre third rail: how can you even talk about what’s comfortable when 500,000 people are dead?!

In some ways, the political posturing surrounding masks is reminiscent of the aftermath of the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington, when questioning the necessity of, say, removing one’s shoes at the airport was seen as something akin to treason. The fact that a person was vastly more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the airport than in a terrorist in-flight shoe bombing was compelling to no one; the fear of another attack (or in the case of Covid-19, another infectious wave) had dialled our risk tolerance down so close to zero that no precaution, no matter how disruptive to our daily lives, could be considered too much to ask. After all, what’s a little inconvenience in the name of fighting terrorism? Is your comfort more important than human lives?! Why do you hate America?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looks like a decent option, wal:
    Spoken from the safety and comfort of down town Wichita Falls. Of course you need to be conversant with the use of a Kalashnikov and and use your family as human shields. I am sure these pack of whingers would be at home there.

Book deals can be lucrative: Andrew Cuomo's COVID book deal is worth more than $5 million, new tax records show

After seeing so many multi-million $$ book deals for books that obviously won't & don't sell, I have to wonder what the business model is here?

I'm guessing Mean Ole Mister Gravity sold more copies and made slightly less $ for the author. Such is life outside The Big Club, I guess.

Well, in fact: "America's Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic" sold just 300 copies in February, the data provider for the publishing industry said.

Sounds like a job well done!

----------
    For those of us who don't know Fauci's history: May 31, 1988 - An Open Letter to Dr. Anthony Fauci

I've dismissed "conspiracies" surrounding AIDS for years. Now that we've really experienced Fauci (again), perhaps it's time to revisit Fauci & the AIDS epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, it's been fucking rough. Lost my best friend and training partner shortly before the hubby and then shortly after my beloved hound dog died of liver cancer. It's been a messed up year. But you know, what can you do? Be grateful for the good times and embrace the suck.
    Jenni, you are a strong, intelligent, and smart woman. I learn a lot from your posts!
    May you only know of good tidings from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I spoke with the NC Pharmacy Board today; they never made such a ruling. So, CVS made it up as an excuse, and Walmart fell in line with CVS. The big corporations want us to get the injections instead.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    Why don't you go to India and tell them that Covid-19 is no problem. Go to the hospitals where people are dying and tell them that masks are not working. Go to the mass graves and tell them to go home because in the Rippetoe universe its no problem.
    How about you research the difference between the states that Ignore ivermectin and Zelenko protocol and follow the directives of the WHO (World Homicide Organization) vs the states that utilize especially the test and treat protocol of the FLCCC.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Spoken from the safety and comfort of down town Wichita Falls. Of course you need to be conversant with the use of a Kalashnikov and and use your family as human shields. I am sure these pack of whingers would be at home there.
    The point is that they're no longer home in Australia.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
    Same principle in the work place. If you want to go back to work your employer should be able to determine whether or not a vaccine should be required. After all, your refusal can lead to a loss of productivity in the workplace. You should also be required to get a vaccine if your employment requires you to be in contact with high risk populations such as those who work in hospitals, nursing homes, prisons, etc. If you don't want to get the vaccine and you still want to go back to work/school, then you should also have the option to wear a mask if your employer/school requires it. Your choice, your freedom. Just don't expect your choices not to have consequences.
    Do employers have the right to not allow employees to wear masks? Would that be a violation of an employee's religious freedom?