starting strength gym
Page 1310 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3108101210126013001308130913101311131213201360141018102310 ... LastLast
Results 13,091 to 13,100 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Book deals can be lucrative: Andrew Cuomo's COVID book deal is worth more than $5 million, new tax records show

After seeing so many multi-million $$ book deals for books that obviously won't & don't sell, I have to wonder what the business model is here?

I'm guessing Mean Ole Mister Gravity sold more copies and made slightly less $ for the author. Such is life outside The Big Club, I guess.

Well, in fact: "America's Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic" sold just 300 copies in February, the data provider for the publishing industry said.

Sounds like a job well done!

----------
    For those of us who don't know Fauci's history: May 31, 1988 - An Open Letter to Dr. Anthony Fauci

I've dismissed "conspiracies" surrounding AIDS for years. Now that we've really experienced Fauci (again), perhaps it's time to revisit Fauci & the AIDS epidemic.
    It's been speculated the book deals are another method of laundering bribes, much like "speaking engagements". Of special note are the interesting deals received by both Amy Coney Barrett and William Barr in the wake of the 2020 fiasco. No one will want to read these books (the left hates them for being on the right, the right hates them for backing down from fighting election shenanigans) and yet they are being paid millions to write them.

My favorite old artifact from Fauci's past is that video of Kary Mullis (nobel prize winning scientist who INVENTED the PCR test they use to diagnose COVID, who I bet if he were alive would actually have issues about how it is being used) basically calling him a useless bureaucrat who doesn't understand virology at all. It's linked somewhere in the annals of this thread, but you can probably just google it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Make sure to harass these "science" denying crybullies as they have us. I'd take the high ground if it actually worked, but it does not, and isn't fun anyway.
    Not directed at you in particular, but it seems to me that the "high ground" just means being a complete pussy any more.

Public shaming is a public service. It points out the bad examples people need to avoid.

But to the general idea: taking the "high ground" is just an excuse for cowardice much, if not most, of the time. The risk of being thought of anything other than a "nice guy" (the highest virtue of pussies everywhere) is just too high for people to say or do anything that might upset someone somewhere, let alone take an actual stand that might cost them something tangible.

This is what has killed off what little remnant of conservatism was left in the US. They are literally everything they made fun of the Left for being when the whole SJW Snowflake thing started up: a bunch of whining do nothings. Hell the best way to get rich as a "conservative" is to get in the Left's sights and suffer "persecution". Then the fellow do nothings will start a GoFundMe for you and line up big dollar speaking engagements.

This is not an attack against you, gilead. You sound like a decent, thoughtful person.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    This Issue is extremely layered and complex and can not be done justice in a thread like this. You need to live here to understand the complexities as well as the simplicities.
    It is unfortunate we have the leaders we do and are in the state that we are.

Take this video as an example. This is of a fake funeral made just last week.
    Just by calling the situation is "layered" and "complex" (and which conflict isn't?), it doesn't change much about what we can clearly observe. I disagree - the situation doesn't need to be observed first-hand to notice very obvious ways about how Palestinians are being treated.

I'm not about to get into a debate about what is and what isn't genocide and ethnic-cleansing, or who is to blame. You can call your government and its attitude "unfortunate" if you want - but the fact is, if ruthless Zionist leaders had not been in control and ruled with an iron-fist since the nation's inception, then competing forces would have likely violently wiped Israel, the nation-state of the Jewish people, off the map a long time ago. Ethno-nationalism puts its own people first, and there's nothing wrong with that - in Israel or anywhere else. Your nation wouldn't and couldn't exist without it.

It doesn't really add anything to cite individual examples of lies and propaganda, as it is clearly happening on both sides and it's a normal feature of warfare. Also, with respect, your individual experience at the micro-level of living and working with Palestinians doesn't provide any answers for anything at the macro-level. Someone playing at that game could provide you with 100 examples of Palestinians being forcibly removed from their homes by orthodox settlers for every one of your anecdotes about you peacefully and profitably rubbing shoulders with Palestinian individuals in your daily life.

This is clearly also very different to what is being taught at the pre-military yeshivas.... what prominent Zionist figures and Israeli MP's themselves say, and do... and news flash, politicians don't sit around thinking "Hmmm, I wonder what my electorate actually wants me to do..." before they make policies. These people have their own, very clear idea about where Israel is going.

As I said, I'm more interested in the bi-partisan consensus surrounding Israel among our political, media and financial elite here in the West, and their reaction to the disproportionate Palestinian civilian death toll and humans rights abuses. Especially seeing as Obama tried (and failed) to push so hard for US military intervention in Syria based on the allegation of similar humanitarian crimes. Of course, Trump/Kushner then succeeded - and became the most pro-Israel administration in history.

I'm also interested in how Jewish American media figures portray the Palestine situation, as well. Many of them, both on the left and on the right right, are very outspoken when it comes to matters of race in the West. For example, we're told by Dave Rubin that the Palestinians don't really even exist as a people.

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/stat...30700309282816

The same trick of "There's no such thing as British people, you're just a collection of individual ethnic identities" gets used to undermine our identity when we advocate for ourselves, especially when we argue against mass immigration and demographic replacement (i.e - genocide, as in the dictionary definition of the word)

"There's no such thing as German/English/Irish, those countries were always mixes of multiple groups"

"There's no such thing as a Palestinian, it's just an area where Jews and Arabs lived"

What he's essentially saying is: "I'm Dave Rubin. Every identity is socially constructed, fake and worthless except the Jewish identity and therefore Palestinians aren't actually being genocided because they don't exist. Tune in next week for more hard hitting conversations the liberals don't want you to hear"

The American Right wing corporate media will appeal to their Boomer-Con binary-brain audience with bullshit "muh freedom" arguments about how Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East.

Similarly, the leftist corporate media will tell Americans they should just fatalistically accept the inevitable fact that the conflict is going on, and America should "stay out of it" - while America continues to sell Israel missiles, of course. Rachel Maddow will tell Americans to simply ignore the fact their tax money is buying missiles for Israel, and to instead focus more on the dangerous and pressing issue of the the day - the rise of white supremacy at home.

Both of these approaches achieves the same outcome for Israel - more missiles.

Noticing these things get you called the magic "A" word.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well said. I guess that explains why this guy's book will not be as lucrative despite its huge sales:
    Space Force Officer’s Book on Marxism in the Military Reaches No. 1 on Amazon After He’s Relieved
    Alarm bells go off for me when I see a title like "Irresistible Revolution". It's either rhetorical incompetence or textbook backhanded persuasion. People really need to start getting wise to this stuff. The inevitability of defeat is being suggested to you almost everywhere you turn, even from those you are predisposed to trust and agree with.

In my small circle, I've seen evidence of both #1 (based on PCR test) and #4 being proven false for this virus and the pathology we call "covid19". For example, I witnessed convalescent plasma and Remdesivir be ineffective; the pathology progressed and the person later died on the vent. So, antibodies did not neutralize the disease. And, of course, after watching that lecture, one must ask: what role did Remdesivir play in her path to the Vent?
    From my extremely limited knowledge from my understanding of the FLCCC there are four stages in the pathology.
    1.Incubation
    2. Symptomatic
    stages 1 and 2 are the viral replication phase
    3.Early pulmonary phase
    4. Late pulmonary phase

Remdesivir is an antiviral (and not as good as IVM) and is only effective in the replication phase of the virus which is stages 1 and 2. The Viral replication stage lasts about 5 days if I remember correctly. At stages 3 and 4 There is only debris of the virus left and the doctors are dealing with the inflammatory after-effects that the virus has caused. Now, the basic advice by the great Ivory tower leaders is to wait it out. By then anyone who would become susceptible to serious inflammation would need to go to hospital and then be given Remdesivir etc... at that stage, there is no more live virus (you know what I mean) but merely the effects from the virus. so the use of this $3000 drug is worthless at that stage and if used it should be used on the onset of symptoms. But that can't be done since this is an intravenous drug and can only be administered in a hospital.

Some light at the end of the tunnel: Gov. Greg. Abbott says no public schools or government entities will be allowed to require masks

Abbott disappointed me in the beginning, but he's turning it around in my mind.

This is interesting, except that it's Newsweek, so it's probably a bald-faced lie: Exclusive: Inside the Military's Secret Undercover Army

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    I am not saying they shouldn't defend themselves, but Netanyahu's verbal and physical response will not go over well with the world. Again, I think we are holding Israel to a higher standard, fair or not.
    The higher standard argument is mute. If Mexico were to launch just one missile into the USA, the USA would pay them back with an extremely overpowering and excessive response.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    This is not an attack against you, gilead. You sound like a decent, thoughtful person.

Just by calling the situation is "layered" and "complex" (and which conflict isn't?), it doesn't change much about what we can clearly observe. I disagree - the situation doesn't need to be observed first-hand to notice very obvious ways about how Palestinians are being treated.

I'm not about to get into a debate about what is and what isn't genocide and ethnic-cleansing, or who is to blame. You can call your government and its attitude "unfortunate" if you want - but the fact is, if ruthless Zionist leaders had not been in control and ruled with an iron-fist since the nation's inception, then competing forces would have likely violently wiped Israel, the nation-state of the Jewish people, off the map a long time ago. Ethno-nationalism puts its own people first, and there's nothing wrong with that - in Israel or anywhere else. Your nation wouldn't and couldn't exist without it.

It doesn't really add anything to cite individual examples of lies and propaganda, as it is clearly happening on both sides and it's a normal feature of warfare. Also, with respect, your individual experience at the micro-level of living and working with Palestinians doesn't provide any answers for anything at the macro-level. Someone playing at that game could provide you with 100 examples of Palestinians being forcibly removed from their homes by orthodox settlers for every one of your anecdotes about you peacefully and profitably rubbing shoulders with Palestinian individuals in your daily life.

This is clearly also very different to what is being taught at the pre-military yeshivas.... what prominent Zionist figures and Israeli MP's themselves say, and do... and news flash, politicians don't sit around thinking "Hmmm, I wonder what my electorate actually wants me to do..." before they make policies. These people have their own, very clear idea about where Israel is going.

As I said, I'm more interested in the bi-partisan consensus surrounding Israel among our political, media and financial elite here in the West, and their reaction to the disproportionate Palestinian civilian death toll and humans rights abuses. Especially seeing as Obama tried (and failed) to push so hard for US military intervention in Syria based on the allegation of similar humanitarian crimes. Of course, Trump/Kushner then succeeded - and became the most pro-Israel administration in history.

I'm also interested in how Jewish American media figures portray the Palestine situation, as well. Many of them, both on the left and on the right right, are very outspoken when it comes to matters of race in the West. For example, we're told by Dave Rubin that the Palestinians don't really even exist as a people.

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/stat...30700309282816

The same trick of "There's no such thing as British people, you're just a collection of individual ethnic identities" gets used to undermine our identity when we advocate for ourselves, especially when we argue against mass immigration and demographic replacement (i.e - genocide, as in the dictionary definition of the word)

"There's no such thing as German/English/Irish, those countries were always mixes of multiple groups"

"There's no such thing as a Palestinian, it's just an area where Jews and Arabs lived"

What he's essentially saying is: "I'm Dave Rubin. Every identity is socially constructed, fake and worthless except the Jewish identity and therefore Palestinians aren't actually being genocided because they don't exist. Tune in next week for more hard hitting conversations the liberals don't want you to hear"

The American Right wing corporate media will appeal to their Boomer-Con binary-brain audience with bullshit "muh freedom" arguments about how Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East.

Similarly, the leftist corporate media will tell Americans they should just fatalistically accept the inevitable fact that the conflict is going on, and America should "stay out of it" - while America continues to sell Israel missiles, of course. Rachel Maddow will tell Americans to simply ignore the fact their tax money is buying missiles for Israel, and to instead focus more on the dangerous and pressing issue of the the day - the rise of white supremacy at home.

Both of these approaches achieves the same outcome for Israel - more missiles.

Noticing these things get you called the magic "A" word.
    I do not really understand what you are saying. If I were to condense your words it would appear that you are saying that Israel is ethnically cleansing the Palestinians (Which we are surely not doing) and that you do not want the USA to send military aid to Israel. Would that sum up your issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    A few well respected intellectuals I trust do not see a good outlook for Israel in the long run.
    The same people that will give the go-ahead for the elimination of Israel will target any patriotic or proud American next!
    These people are not based in Iran but merely use them as proxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericw View Post
    If you’re not familiar with Daryl Cooper, he has an excellent podcast and the first 6 episodes are a history of the Israeli - Palestinian conflict. Very in depth.

The Martyrmade Podcast: #1 - Fear & Loathing in the New Jerusalem, pt. 1 on Apple Podcasts
    A brief explanation of the Narrative from the perspective of a person who actually lives in the trenches - the heart of Hebron. Fleisher - "Settle for More: Should Jews Have Rights in Judea" on Vimeo

And this short video is an Al Jazeera interview of Dr. Mordechai, I think he sums up many things well here. Mordechai Kedar in al-Jazeera about Jerusalem & Islam - YouTube