starting strength gym
Page 1313 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3138131213126313031311131213131314131513231363141318132313 ... LastLast
Results 13,121 to 13,130 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Look. I like this board. I like your input, Mark.

But I can’t have you comparing this harlequin romance drivel with the author of The Exorcist.

And writer of the screenplay.

And film with the greatest movie poster in all history.

https://hellhorror.com/images/news/9...ist-poster.jpg
    All right, it was a little hyperbolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    All right, it was a little hyperbolic.
    Haha. Yeah. I’ve got a soft spot for a film that changed a genre (I’ll add the ‘79 Alien to that list.)

Beats the hell outta thinking about how fucked our country is.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    If I remember correctly, the late Kary Mullis (of PCR fame) held the same view.

IPB
    Indeed, you are right. Kary Mullis Interview in 1996 w/Gary Null

This interview posted much earlier in this thread, but it is much more meaningful to me now that we've seen the tricks of the scamdemic trade. This particular subject starts at 26:30, but the whole interview is amazing; Mullis is a very likable guy. I think Rip met him.

From Anthony Fauci: 40 Years of Lies From AZT to Remdesivir, Mullis is quoted as saying:
    People keep asking me, ‘You mean you don’t believe that HIV causes AIDS?’ And I say, ‘Whether I believe it or not is irrelevant! I have no scientific evidence for it!’ I might believe in God, and He could have told me in a dream that HIV causes AIDS. But I wouldn’t stand up in front of scientists and say, ‘I believe HIV causes AIDS because God told me.’ I’d say, ‘I have papers here in hand and experiments that have been done that can be demonstrated to others.’ It’s not what somebody believes, it’s experimental proof that counts. And neither Montagnier, Gallo, nor anyone else had published papers describing experiments which led to the conclusion that HIV probably caused AIDS.
    The article went on:
    Mullis even had the opportunity do ask Montagnier personally about a reference proving that HIV causes AIDS. But he couldn’t name one. “It was damned irritating,“ as Mullis reported. “If Montagnier didn’t know the answer, who the hell did?“
    Here's why revisiting AIDS is important now:
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    The Aids epidemic is the basic model for what we are going through. They just managed to refine all their lackings and with the help of media and social media are extremely successful.
    I'm convinced Gilead is right. Of course, they had to retire the scam for 40 years so we'd forget and only THEN bring out a new, improved, technocratic version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I'm convinced Gilead is right. Of course, they had to retire the scam for 40 years so we'd forget and only THEN bring out a new, improved, technocratic version of it.
    Oh they have tried a few times since then. Everything just "seemed" to fall in place this time.
    Reconstruction of a Mass Hysteria: The Swine Flu Panic of 2009 - DER SPIEGEL

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Look. I like this board. I like your input, Mark.

But I can’t have you comparing this harlequin romance drivel with the author of The Exorcist.

And writer of the screenplay.

And film with the greatest movie poster in all history.

https://hellhorror.com/images/news/9...ist-poster.jpg
    I knew I should have left in the part about the bum shitting in the streets. Damn critics...

My gut reaction is....one could say a very similar thing about "Americans".

For example, I turn to Dr Ron Paul for the first 30 seconds of this clip: Let me get this straight...

I hope I'm not hated for the actions my government takes...actions that I don't know about, don't approve of, and don't understand.

Bottom line: our government is out of control...just like most of the world's governments. So, we best focus on getting OUR house in order.
    That's pretty much the point. Our support is part of our governments problem.

We don't need to be babysitting and funding other places at all. Israel has a right to whatever sovereignty they can keep regardless of how they initially got it, but they and their supporters want all of the perks with pretty much none of the responsibilities.

Us doing things like giving them 30 billion and then justifying it because they'll spend it on US weapons would be seen as the scam that it is in any other case, but throw out few special category racist accusations and some nonsense about them being an ally (For what? Mosaad not publishing the sex videos of members of Congress at Epstein Island?) and the epitome of corruption is suddenly patriotism.

Interesting:

More Oregon counties vote to move into Idaho, part of rural effort to ‘gain political refuge from blue states’ - oregonlive.com

It will be even more interesting to see how long these folks surrender to playing by the rules to allow their Blue State leader to forbid the action to take place. Because, after all, you should never stoop to the level of lawlessness, right?

Indeed, you are right. Kary Mullis Interview in 1996 w/Gary Null

This interview posted much earlier in this thread, but it is much more meaningful to me now that we've seen the tricks of the scamdemic trade. This particular subject starts at 26:30, but the whole interview is amazing; Mullis is a very likable guy. I think Rip met him.

From Anthony Fauci: 40 Years of Lies From AZT to Remdesivir, Mullis is quoted as saying:

The article went on:

Here's why revisiting AIDS is important now:

Some thoughts on this. Fauci was indeed at the epicenter of both, stirring the pot for all he was worth. But most of the population didn't get that up in arms over AIDS, despite media exhortations. Not even in California where AIDS was more common from the gay population and needle using druggies. For the most part, the entertainment folk got the willies and wore lapel pins to virtue signal, but most of the monogamous married folk who didn't cat around maintained an even strain.

It hadn't occurred to me until I saw your post however, that the real underlying objective was to take out Reagan and other republicans politically. It didn't work since Reagan had two terms and Gingrich came to his ascendency then. Once again, despite the media pushing the "they don't care" narrative. As we saw though, the Kung Flu, along with other political efforts on a broad front did take out Trump. By fair means or foul. Whether the dems stay in power in the House and Senate remains to be seen though. I suspect they will lose one or both houses.

As for people forgetting? Most of you weren't around or old enough to be paying attention in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I understand your position. All the shit that happened 75 years ago was a pretty good showcase for the problems with World Government, especially the British style where your main tools are maps and pencils. Move this here, take some of that away, and people will just have to live with it because it's time now for tea. But here we sit in 2021, amid the wreckage of what we thought were our freedoms, and Hamas is launching rockets into the place I've called home for 50 years. I've grown rather attached to it, so what am I going to do? Just get up and leave because they asked me to so nicely?

I understand that some of you guys don't like the Jews, and that it has nothing to do with their "race" but with their perceived cultural behavior. I also understand that some of you just don't like Jews because they are Jews. And even if you are Jewish yourself, some of you really REALLY don't like Israel. You share that dislike with the Biden Administration, the Democrat Party, Rashida Tlaib, a bunch of crazy leftist bitches, the media, Hollywood, and lots of other really good people like them. I don't like the way things came about 75 years ago. But here they are, just like I am typing this while sitting on a hill formerly occupied by the Comanches, who killed a lot of people to obtain it but did a poor job of retaining it. At some point the events of today must begin to matter. The US Government is utterly corrupt, the depths of which corruption we will never be allowed to fully comprehend. Everything in the media about this is breathtakingly-baldfaced propaganda. Any statement you make about the relationship between the US government, Israel, Iran, China, Russia, the EU, and the Military/Industrial Complex is, at best, an approximation to about 5% accuracy and at worst complete bullshit.

So if the "Californians" start shooting things at me, I'm going to shoot back, without a second spent pondering the election of 2020 which led to the tension. But just so's you know, I am NOT in favor of my tax money continuing to intervene in this fucked-up situation in the Middle East. We've all been tired of it since we were old enough to know anything about it, but it's apparently far too important to lots of people to just stop. So it will continue. They should just let them kill each other, and the realization that the weaker side is going to be exterminated will act as a motive for doing things differently.
    That's basically where I'm at. We need to stay the fuck out of that shit. It's a bitter, decades long conflict and shitty things have been done by both sides of it, and continue to be. Just when I thought people were starting to warm up to the idea that the US can't pretend to be Superman here we are with this happening and people picking sides calling for us to get involved. All that would do is cause us to bleed money even worse than we already are.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    If I remember correctly, the late Kary Mullis (of PCR fame) held the same view.

IPB
    Obviously AIDS is not initiated from the HIV virus. More likely caused by bamboo fibers shipped from China. Let's get some UV-lights, rotating tables and incompetent IT engineers to finally get to the root of this! Could we call them something with Ninja in the name?

I agree with you that the science on wearing a face mask to reduce the spread of covid-19 virus is a little bit undecided.

However, the idea to make it into an existential matter is insane.

I need to wear a mask because it is mandated. After about 12 minutes I got used to it. Not an issue.

Can it be that you are the SNOWFLAKE of THE SNOWFLAKES?