starting strength gym
Page 1334 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 3348341234128413241332133313341335133613441384143418342334 ... LastLast
Results 13,331 to 13,340 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The people of the UK are subjects, not citizens. They never chose to change their status. They voluntarily disarmed themselves decades ago. This must be considered.
    It's worse than that; they only think they are subjects. No king with any real power would dare do what parliament has been doing for decades.

My fifth-grade Russian ESL student was reviewing the word 'suspicious' today, and the example sentence in her textbook said "When I saw two people wearing masks go inside the bank, I felt suspicious."

The girl corrected the book's authors:

When I saw two people not wearing masks go inside the bank, I felt suspicious UNTIL they took their masks out of their bags. (Cause that's what we all do because of CoVid, mommy said.)

I don't think we've discussed or offered enough anecdotal evidence of THIS kind of abuse (change in assessment of what's normal) being foisted upon our children.

We discussed a few days ago the ridiculousness of some of the CoVid Propaganda, ostensibly hoping that the increase in idiocy of the message is correlated to the desperateness of the lEaDeRs.

But I sense that when we reach the point that TV shows and movies and commercials all show muzzled weeds and grass (plebes-good analogy, Rip), it won't be because the powerful have gotten desperate.
    Let's not forget that righteous ridicule and laughter are what our Conservative parents did, foregoing society as it was being torn apart, all for a smug (or even silent!) sense of being Right.

Check out this performative subservience from Lindsey Graham. The sign his daddy got him to hold up borders on parody. How can any American watch this and not be alarmed?

Six dozen eggs wasted in one small restaurant because of rotten eggs. Bad buttermilk. Longer prep and cooking times because each egg has to be treated separately or it spoils the whole liquid mix or griddle. Chicken wings are a dollar per wing. Chicken thighs are over $123 per case... up from $78 per case not even a month ago. Restaurants closing because the workers can't afford the pay, but customers refuse to pay rising prices for meals.

The reason? Not enough workers to pick and sort eggs. Understaffed processing and logistics chains. Rising fuel prices. People think they'll just eat at home without realizing the supply chain split between restaurant and grocery industries.

If this continues, conflict will likely be inevitable.

The people of the UK are subjects, not citizens. They never chose to change their status. They voluntarily disarmed themselves decades ago. This must be considered.
    I know it's the UK, but I can't be the only one who feels how dangerously close we in the US are the the precipice right over the pit they're in. Just look at the January 6th detainees. They are receiving worse treatment than actual rapists and murderers. I don't know if any arrests were made of people who never entered the capitol building, but there were indeed people whose homes were raided by the FBI based solely on their phones having established basic contact with the capitol building's wifi on that day, at that time. Opposition politicians who should be leaning on this shit and making the left pay a PR price aren't saying a word about it. Same with opposition media. It's very hard to find any information on what is going on with these cases. It feels like we are mere inches away from how China treats political dissidents.

I had less of a problem being a subject when the monarchy was aware it had to remain resolutely and consistently silent on political issues, unlike some of the current cohort.

Most people in the UK are clueless about the reasons the US maintain the right to bear arms. They don’t realise it has allowed the US to prosper, and prevent governments abusing its duties towards its citizens.

I have been forced to defend the US on numerous occasions because of the lying impartiality of our media towards the US after last years events. Let me give you a clue guys, if a country has the most diverse population in the western world, there will be more incidents of cop bad behaviour towards minorities. It’s a lot easier not to have these events IF YOU DONT HAVE A SIGNIFICANTLY DIVERSE POPULATION IN THE FIRST CASE!!!!

If you want a laugh read about the BLM activist shot in London by a black gang. Amazingly, they have allowed the hated police to investigate (lead investigating officer a black woman).

Actually on second thoughts, it’s not a laughing matter......

I agree completely with this statement.

There is something nefarious going on, and it's been happening for a long time in this country, probably at least since 1913. As Rip states, the "masks" are off for government. They no longer fear repercussions, and this past year has made them giddy with their power.

They got away with the big one 20 years ago, and I believe it scared them back into hiding for a while, because censorship was not fully in place at the time. And they couldn't believe they got away with it.

They've since fixed that little problem, and now openly view and treat us like cockroaches, because us plebs are "depleting" the resources they want for their survival.

Nothing about the current system of government anywhere in the world represents, "We the People."

I wonder, I really do, is their some conductor of this orchestra of misery, or has it just organically sprouted from absolutely pure corruption of all governments.

I'm sure bribery and blackmail and entrapment figure into this somehow.

The entire government, media, financial sector, pharmaceutical industry, big business, are completely corrupt, and I do not believe one word they say.

The sheep have been thoroughly brainwashed, and common sense is gone.

Patriots are now criminals, and criminals are now heroes.

Every narrative they put forward is meant to divide us, and that's only done for conquering purposes, as history portrays.

Today, I reluctantly drove into town from my refuge out in the woods; had to take care of some things in person I've put off too long.

First stop, I accidentally cut in front of a woman, and when I realized it, I turned towards her and apologized. She smiled at me mask free. And as she moved in front of me, I looked right at her, and said, "It's nice to see people smile again.". This older lady just beamed with joy, and we chatted while waiting in line.

The masked woman in front of us, kept shooting nasty looks our way, but I was overwhelmed with the positivity of an actual real interaction with another human being, that she really didn't bother me like they usually do.

On my way home, I noticed a car off the side of the road in an area there would be no reason to stop. As I approached the car to see if I could help (I'm a mechanic/engineer), I saw she was alone in her car and wearing a mask.

Yes, I just continued on my way without stopping...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    A man in the UK has been given 5 years in jail for owning 3 books available on Amazon.
    I can't find the quote right now but Klaus Schwab once said the nationalism is one of the greatest threats for the great reset.
    While searching for the statement I came across this. This is now the world’s greatest threat – and it’s not coronavirus | World Economic Forum

This is pure unadulterated communism!

May their please be a Hell, and may they all rot alive therein. Being skinned alive is too kind an end to them.
    They might actually enjoy the above scenarios.
    The only thing that would truly pain them is for us to have our Freedoms Rights and Liberties returned.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Yeah, it's sad but I'm actually HOPING for a war over shit like this. Because otherwise we are just going to end up having to accept it. The people so okay with it are the ones who make me angriest. They know this shit is wrong but they just go "oh well" and look at anyone who takes a stand against it as the most heinous of criminals.
    There will be no war from the population. The only war that will come is from the countries involved in this Reset. It will end up turning into a power grab, or certain countries or corporations will feel that they are not getting enough of their fair share. These people are true megalomaniacs and a fair few of them will want to sit on the top of the throne at whatever cost.
    If you noticed when Putin was talking, he opened his dialogue with a reference or hint to the possibility of a serious war scenario if his interests are not met.

starting strength coach development program
    By the time the masses wake up, which I doubt they will, the damage will be too far gone, in fact, I believe we are already past that point.

I remember back in grade school in the 70s, the school teachers had us doing drills to protect us from a nuclear attack from Russia, by hiding under our desks, or kneeling in front of a concrete wall...

Then it was the gas crisis, then it was acid rain, aids followed shortly, then more middle East wars, more eastern flu contagions, killer bees, murder hornets, I'm sure I've left something out.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the suddenly recent mass shootings. What a coincidence, eh?