starting strength gym
Page 1341 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3418411241129113311339134013411342134313511391144118412341 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,410 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I actually sincerely appreciate that some of mine never made it. Sometimes I post when I'm taking a break. Sometimes, though, I might be into my cups... and pretty pissed off.

If anyone thinks I'm smart... they could be swiftly disillusioned.
    Yes, I agree, can relate to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I think genetic adaptation takes longer than 2000yrs. White men with flowing hair and beards still look like Jesus.
    Ok. Perhaps phenotypic plasticity is a better word. I'm not speaking of the long evolutionary process that took us from tree living apes to modern humans. But no matter how long the change takes someone has to be first. Which is really what I'm proposing. That we are seeing what looks to us like politics but is really an adaptation that may take over.

you are at risk for being the pot calling the kettle black
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post

In what way?
    Many of us, you included, object to the MSM version of the ignorant rural right. Self sufficiency , self defense, independent thinking are twisted into anti social, cult survivalist, science deniers, racist, etc. Such people are especially sensitive to labeling as being “that way”.

However , you can see the same objection of stereotyping from the other side.

We can argue the points for sure , provided we are consistent in observation, generalization, and exception.

Call the cops in Australia when you need them and you'll likely be told "yeah, nah, can't get a car out there for a couple of hours, mate."

But look at how many maggots they have on hand for bullying innocent protesters...

Victorian Small Business Owners Protest - Highlights - 05.06.21 - YouTube

At 1:45 in the video, the boy (child) is sitting in the front seat and without a mandatory certified child seat. That’s sicker.

Yes. It was so catchy, I got the far.
    You did better than me, I turned the fucker off when the baby gave the mask to the skinny bearded dad. Masks are the primary problem with the whole Covid fairy tale as far as I am concerned. I’m lucky enough not to live in a mask compliant area, so I mostly see them in videos and stuff. I don’t expect I would manage to stay out of jail if I lived in a big city in the west, I would knock someone out sooner rather than later.

Thought 2: I see a lot of people celebrating that this whole time we've been in masks the actual flu death and case rate has plummeted. Assuming that's true, isn't this a bad thing? If we're protecting ourselves for long periods of time via mask, social distancing, all the rest are we not setting ourselves up for an actual pandemic? My understanding is that the thing we know as seasonal flu is really the same strain types (terminology?) that caused the Spanish Flu situation. We just don't experience it like we did back then because of the herd immunity thing. It's out there, we just don't die in large numbers anymore. So while all the leftists are celebrating this lack of exposure (or in fairness, the lack of death associated with it) and saying it in terms of "hey we should keep this mask thing going" are we not actively weakening ourselves? Am I wrong? Does it not work that way? Is this something those in power know and are intending to do? I feel like I need to go out and roll in some mud just to be sure I get some germs, lol. (I'm kidding, I'm terrible about eating the tomatoes and berries while I'm picking them so I'm sure I've got plenty of germs.)
    I think they have lumped everything they can, including flu, into Covid to bump up the numbers and justify the overreactions, but I did see a theory floating around that the factor that could be used to sort the countries that got hit hard vs not was how bad they had been hit with flu in recent years, as there is no significant differences based on masks, shutdowns, ect. This would seem to apply even, and maybe even especially due to them lumping in the flu and other things.

On an anecdotal level: I have asked everyone I know who got sick with Covid (I used loss of taste and smell as a metric to distinguish between BS tests and actual cases of Covid) if they had been sick with a case of the flu in recent years and none of them said "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Christ Almighty, this is an industry: making stupid people afraid.
    Once people realize this they will stop caring.

It reminds me of our dealing with Social Security on behalf of my daughter: these retards cannot go more than three month without screwing something up on their end and then turning around and sending us a letter ranging from cancellation of her benefits to us owing them $13,000 (they haven't even given us that much). My wife gets bothered, spends hours talking to the dumbest people you can imagine (I am not allowed to talk to them for fear of me being honest), and then finds out it was nothing and had we done nothing nothing would have happened anyway.

Basically like the "news" and especially like Covid "news".

Ok. Perhaps phenotypic plasticity is a better word. I'm not speaking of the long evolutionary process that took us from tree living apes to modern humans. But no matter how long the change takes someone has to be first. Which is really what I'm proposing. That we are seeing what looks to us like politics but is really an adaptation that may take over.
    Long before the word "meme" became synonymous with goofy pictures and captioned jokes, Richard Dawkins wrote about it in the book The Selfish Gene. His description of the word "meme" would encompass the popularized version of what we know it to be, but his description went on to describe it as a unit of information (much like a gene) that carries cultural information, ideas, etc. Rather than being transmitted by biological reproduction, memes are transmitted through mediums such as books, TV, internet, and other forms of communication.

I think what you're describing is more the ever-changing "memetic profile" of culture, transmitted and reproduced largely by social media, mass media, etc. Unfortunately, like many selective processes, the selection favors survivability and replication. Thus, certain ideas may only flourish or emerge when the right circumstances favor them and not necessarily when we want or need them to.

This is the consensus note for the Pfizer Vaccine in Italy, I'll translate the main points for you (I don't know how to upload pictures here):

1-[...] "prevention" does not mean that the subject cannot transmit or be infected with covid, but "we still don't know if the effects of the vaccination can only prevent the manifestation of the disease, or if it can prevent its transmission as well"

2. Vaccine is still in an experimental phase (phase 3). The certain duration of immunity is up to 45/60 days. The actual duration is not yet defined and the 9/12 months number (coming from AIFA, italian farmaceutical agency) is not based on scientific data.

3. Vaccine can be administered to anyone above 16 years of age. Even if its toxicity was only tested on rats, not humans. And its carcinoginity has not been tested at all.

5. It's important you show up for the second dose or the vaccine might not work, as it's the case with 10% of the people who take it anyway.

6.The vaccine can reduce the risk of getting covid by only 1%, based on past experimental trials data (99,95% of vaccinated people didn't get covid. 99% of unvaccinated people didn't get covid)
    Vaccination can prevent symptoms in 9 cases out of 1000, no data on infectiousness.

9. You can not get covid because of the vaccine, because the inoculated mRNA cannot induce the virus replication.

10. It's impossible to forsee any long term damages, for which the vaccinated person takes full responsibility

1 out of 1000 people have acute temporary peripheral facial paralysis after the vaccine (data from Dec 2020)

And of course at the end, keep wearing your masks and social distance!

How can anyone read this and still take it is beyond me

I've been wondering why they seem to have flipped on the lab origin and then on Fauci. This makes it all make sense.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Call the cops in Australia when you need them and you'll likely be told "yeah, nah, can't get a car out there for a couple of hours, mate."

But look at how many maggots they have on hand for bullying innocent protesters...

Victorian Small Business Owners Protest - Highlights - 05.06.21 - YouTube
    The "police" seem to be enjoying this. If you guys ever get the chance again, maybe you should make some changes. Because what you're seeing here is the naked power of the State.

And why is it that psychiatrists are always the people who need a psychiatrist? “Unloading A Revolver Into The Head Of Any White Person”: Yale Features Violent, Racist Diatribe By Psychiatrist – JONATHAN TURLEY