starting strength gym
Page 1343 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3438431243129313331341134213431344134513531393144318432343 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,430 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    You apparently don’t take criticism well. Sorry, my bad.
    On the contrary, I enjoy a well-argued critique. You've said things I tend to think might be right, such as your assertion that the UFO situation might be part of the next round of rights-snatching. Werner Von Braun would have agreed. But then you make posts like the one I was responding to which seem shallow at best and a weaselly sort of "devil's advocate" at worst. I don't expect you to apologize and back down, I expected that you'd defend your position. Which might result is a spirited discussion for all. You basically said I was being a hypocrite. I stated why I think that is not the case. Volley?

Many of us, you included, object to the MSM version of the ignorant rural right. Self sufficiency , self defense, independent thinking are twisted into anti social, cult survivalist, science deniers, racist, etc. Such people are especially sensitive to labeling as being “that way”.

However , you can see the same objection of stereotyping from the other side.

We can argue the points for sure , provided we are consistent in observation, generalization, and exception.
    Yes. City dwelling Left and the rural Right both have negative generalizations about each other.

The big difference is that the latter is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post

You basically said I was being a hypocrite. I stated why I think that is not the case. Volley?
    Thank you! I think we are good.

I said you are at risk of hypocrisy. My intent was that people of our quality are carful to avoid that. It was an attempt at being inclusive.

Thank you! I think we are good.

I said you are at risk of hypocrisy. My intent was that people of our quality are carful to avoid that. It was an attempt at being inclusive.
    “People of our quality”

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    These people have absolutely no grasp of the situation they have created. The most censorious of the social media platforms laments the actions of a small government in Africa? That's almost as ridiculous as the Canadian situation:

'One Month Isn't Enough' – Canada Declares Pride SEASON All Summer

What would be enough celebration, Justin? Can it even be measured? A cock in the mouth of every man? Didn't you guys just arrest the straight white European pastor of a church for trying to hold services? Can he get his fine reduced if he sucks a cock? What exactly the fuck are you people doing up there?
    Apologies Coach, after I read your post YouTube recommended this video. Glad their not watching everything we do!

Monty Python - Lumberjack Song - YouTube

One of the main reasons I am not giving in to the despair so many posters here have for the governance in DC.

Joe Manchin: Why I'm voting against the For the People Act | Op-Ed Commentaries | wvgazettemail.com

My intent was that people of our quality are carful to avoid that.
    The thing about hypocrisy, is how utterly irrelevant it is to one's position or argument. Sure, as I've tried to point out, it has an emotional pull. The accusation triggers certain mental reflexes. But even if every last "rural right" (a weird categorization on its own) was a hypocrite that says nothing about whether or not the position has merit. Someone who typically touts ending illegal immigration doesn't erase that politically necessary idea because they hire an illegal immigrant to do their lawn. What was it Emerson said, "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers?" Let the Marxists have this. They like to purity test those on their side and eat their own. Let them study each other for hypocrisy and focus more on avoiding it than getting anything done. We freedom loving people have bigger fish to fry and no need to pass judgment on those who are not perfect but who may be with us on our goals.

I don't think we're hypocrites in how we view the compliant city sardines, but even if we were guilty of it for that view, the downhill slide towards ball-less domestication still needs to be arrested as soon as possible. Ironically, the eunuchs are going to make life harder for us.

Speaking of hypocrisy... This energy exec does a great job of calling out the hypocrisy of a woke corporation.

Ouch North Face, that’s gonna leave a mark… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Great to see.
    ——
    I read a great comment on the situation where the Amazon delivery driver beat the 67 year old woman. They pointed out that if Amazon has engaged in diversity training: including ideas related to Critical Race Theory that demonizes “whiteness”, they could be found liable. Here is the story in case you haven’t seen it. Amazon female driver wails on 67 year-old lady… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    “People of our quality”
    Barry is right about this.

I'm sure many of you saw this white-privilege beating: Amazon worker arrested for assaulting 67-year-old woman in Castro Valley: Sheriff | KRON4

If Amazon subjected their employees to CRT brainwashing, are they liable for this assault? They have a lot of money, you know.