starting strength gym
Page 1360 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3608601260131013501358135913601361136213701410146018602360 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,600 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    There seem to be potentially much more serious indications of hcq, up to the point of affecting cancer cells. I am not sure the smear campaign was designed to go against Trump, it may very well be he was just used so that the media will get a huge boner against the drug.
    While I am sure there was and is many objectives to the scandal unraveling before our eyes. It can not be denied that a huge element of the operation was to get rid of President Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    While I am sure there was and is many objectives to the scandal unraveling before our eyes. It can not be denied that a huge element of the operation was to get rid of President Trump.
    It was also to keep populist movements all over the world from gaining any more traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    But there's no real Goliath without the government. Government, paid for by Goliath, sets up rules that help Goliath stay Goliath. You only get amassed control when you involve something that has the reach of a government.
    First: Government involvment in the forming of monopolies, literal or just major dominance, is a fact, but that doesn't make it a necessity.

I already addressed the fact that these Goliaths could not have bought politicians if they were not already on their way to a monopoly. It was inevitable with or without buying the politicians. Doin so just sped the process up.

Second: So what?

We have them NOW and there is nothing to demonstrate that the free market can remedy it. It never has before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I also think you are missing a key difference in some people's value systems. No government can be "good". Government is a (necessary?) evil and should be thought of that way. You limit the damage an evil can do by limiting its size and reach. You automatically know to keep an eye on something that's evil. You approach things that the evil thing "wants" to do with a skeptical eye. Thinking of government as good leads to trusting it, letting it into your life, looking to it for solutions, etc. All of which just feeds its already substantial power. Government, the imposition of group will on individuals, is never a good thing. A necessary thing sometimes, maybe, but never good.
    No. I am not missing this by any stretch. I held these opinions for most of my adult life. I also still sympathize with much of it, but I am not delusional enough to ignore the inevitability of govenrnment and the need to actively fight the bad elements of it with the better parts of it.

It is a comic book vesion of the world that both Libertarians and Leftist hold to that sees government as evil or good. It is imperfect systems full of flawed people (at best), which completely justifies skepticism and heavy accountability, but the alternative is only different It is imperfect systems full of flawed people, not a lack of them.

Government being either a necessary good or necessary evil (it's both) are moot points if it is inevitable. It has to made as good as possible. Hoping it goes away and leaves you alone just creates the opening for the worst kind of government. The world is too small for any other outcome. Freedom from government last only as long as it takes for the victors to reload.

And the only thing that prevents tyranical government is the threat of violence. And any threat of violence that is organized enough to be taken seriously is a form/branch of government already.

Look at what NOT having it has got us: Just two more weeks of tyranny to flatten the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Check this post in 3 to 5 years and let's see how it ages. They will claim the mysterious illnesses/deaths are another variant, but we now know better. Brave scientists are now screaming to anyone who will listen. Imagine the fury of the masses when they figure out what's been done to them.
    It may be sooner than that. The next flu season may really fuck up a bunch of people. it'll be easy to tell the idiots that have fallen for the most idiotic of mandates that this is simply a new strain....probably thanks to us selfish assholes in the current control group.

Sad state of things: Judge Tosses Nurse’s Vaccine Requirement Lawsuit Against Houston Methodist Hospital - Patriot Daily Press

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    There seem to be potentially much more serious indications of hcq, up to the point of affecting cancer cells.
    Could you clarify this statement a bit more. Are you saying Hcq enhances cancer/cancer cells, or could be a treatment to eliminate it?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    First: Government involvment in the forming of monopolies, literal or just major dominance, is a fact, but that doesn't make it a necessity.
    Did I somehow miss your answer to my previous question about this? Tell us the name of the monopoly that has arisen in the absence of government complicity. Really, no shit, tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Did I somehow miss your answer to my previous question about this? Tell us the name of the monopoly that has arisen in the absence of government complicity. Really, no shit, tell us.
    You didn't miss my answer. You simply choose not to grasp it.

Kind of a trend.

I understand. But still no answer. Perhaps you'd prefer to post somewhere else, where the moderator is less dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I understand. But still no answer. Perhaps you'd prefer to post somewhere else, where the moderator is less dense.
    I never made the claim that you are demanding proof of.

And dense isn't the issue. But you know that too.

But yeah. I will find somewhere else to post.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    hmmm...
    https://media.patriots.win/post/D8FBSjuz.jpeg

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Could you clarify this statement a bit more. Are you saying Hcq enhances cancer/cancer cells, or could be a treatment to eliminate it?
    A treatment. I don’t have the study on me, my buddy who’s interested in hcq told me about one though. Give it some years.