starting strength gym
Page 1362 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3628621262131213521360136113621363136413721412146218622362 ... LastLast
Results 13,611 to 13,620 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Pretty heavily reducing your quotes but:

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    My point is that if or when an enemy can sink a US aircraft carrier, it will significantly redraw the playing field.

The usefulness of the carriers goes from military power world dominance to close to zero as soon as someone figure out how to sink these ships.

Luckily for US only Sweden can do it so far.
    Not quite, only Sweden has proven they can do it so far, but they are not the only country with diesel electric submarines with AIP systems. At least China has something similar with the Yuan class, but we don't know its capability for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post

The F-16 loses 10 out of 10 dogfights and when comparing air-to-surface mission it is also outperformed. The opponent is the JAS 39 Gripen made by Saab. Sweden's defense budget is $4 billion.

How can a Swedish fighter jet be better than anything coming out of US? The answer is ingenuity!
    A few factors at play here. The Gripen was built after the F14 F15 F16 FA18 and anecdotally learnt from those designs. Also, the Gripen has much more modern air to air missile (the AMRAAM is some 30 years old) and sensor suite.

Yes Sweden and SAAB have done a great job, but I think a major part of the problem is the number of US projects that are started and cancelled. In comparison Sweden is much more focussed on keepings the Gripen up to date, and easy software upgrades was a major part of the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My statement is that monopolies are creatures of the state.
    Now I see where you are coming from, is that not what I stated in regard to the "state" forming monopolies and the example I gave was the states manipulation of the energy distribution industry into large government run monopolies, at least here in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post

Not quite, only Sweden has proven they can do it so far, but they are not the only country with diesel electric submarines with AIP systems. At least China has something similar with the Yuan class, but we don't know its capability for sure.

We also don’t know the rules of the exercise(s). They come in all flavors with a lot of it potentially and probably simulated and gamed. It is counterintuitive but you can get an exercise to come out anyway you want. Sometimes for reasons that are not so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Almost everyone who became an explicit nationalist during the last few years was previously a libertarian. It's the midwit conservatives who are the most frustrating to deal with. Libertarians are usually smart enough and open enough to eventually face the fact that their train isn't going anywhere.
    What’s a nationalist?

It’s called rolling over and exposing the soft white underbelly.

DeSantis does not appear to have one of those.

I have some hope for truth and justice for the Babbitt killing. That isn’t to say my confidence is high and that there aren’t dozens or 1000s of other injustices pending, but I can watch the primary video myself.

Not as many dots to connect and that is compelling. It easily crosses from subjective into objective for me.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Were the previous libertarians that became explicit nationalists explicitly libertarian?
    I just meant they would identify as such. Adding the modifier to libertarian is unnecessary because no one is terrified of being labeled a libertarian. Nationalism on the other hand often comes with softening modifiers like "civic". You rarely see people playing such games with libertarianism. An explicit nationalist would consider "civic-nationalism" to be an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    What’s a nationalist?
    Someone who believes ancestral roots unite a people, not a witches brew of ideas, magical dirt, and economic convenience.