starting strength gym
Page 1364 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3648641264131413541362136313641365136613741414146418642364 ... LastLast
Results 13,631 to 13,640 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Has anybody else read and understood why Gamestop had a short squeeze in January and why other “meme stocks” appear to be squeezing lately? It’s fascinating to read, but more importantly, studying on it made me realize that the people who stood to make the greatest gains from COVID-19’s “deadly nature” were hedge funds.

Imagine, if you will, betting against a company and making billions if said company fails. What better way to make a company like GME or AMC (the movie theater chain) fail than to spread utter panic about why such facilities are vectors for virus transmission?

How do you get the world to follow suit? Not with politics. Politics always chases money and there isn’t a politician in this world who isn’t involved with Wall Street in some way or another. The money starts with the people who stand to gain the most from the downfall of businesses - especially when their downfalls become more predictable.

In other words, billions (trillions, maybe?) were gained by the downfall of such companies… I can think of no motive greater than that for the literal destruction of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    ANY AND ALL STEPS to control this threat must immediately be taken. I hope you realize what this means.
    Simply expect more of the same anti-whiteism. In politics, and culture and everywhere else in society.

"Critical race theory" is far too convoluted a term - just call it anti-white.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I just meant they would identify as such. Adding the modifier to libertarian is unnecessary because no one is terrified of being labeled a libertarian. Nationalism on the other hand often comes with softening modifiers like "civic". You rarely see people playing such games with libertarianism. An explicit nationalist would consider "civic-nationalism" to be an oxymoron.

Someone who believes ancestral roots unite a people, not a witches brew of ideas, magical dirt, and economic convenience.
    In other words, you really don’t know about any of this and can’t offer anything factual. You just like to put out milk and talk to the cats that come out to drink.

Look at those pussies around him playing along with the make-believe, despite having the money & power to handle any consequences of ignoring the fairy tale.

Rip,have you considered how long this here thread of yours will be necessary? It's a year out and they still have schoolchildren and shoppers in masks. Will this become the new TSA-like requirement, forever engrained in our psyche such that masking in two decades time will be the nEw NoRmAl - no one will even believe there was a time when we existed muzzleless, just as today's youth cannot imagine a time when you didn't have to pass through security half-naked to get to your plane's gate?

I feel much better over here in Russia, where compliance is high (60%??) in Moscow but much lower outside the urban areas, but ever since Putin's statement that the vaccines WILL NOT be mandatory, Sobyanin (Moscow's Mayor) has gone into high gear- maybe he's like a Russkie version of our FBI - a planted enemy actively trying to tear apart the country.

Today Russia's СМИ (MSM) started testing out the compliance of the public with the idea of mandatory vaccination - 60% of workers might be required to be jabbed, but, fear not, this will only apply to service-sector employees. I've read that Russia's Sputnik injection is not as evil as the rest, but still, these escalations and talk of forced jabbing is jarring.

Where the hell do you go to escape it all? We all have intelligent, well-to-do relatives or acquaintances playing along with this fairytale - how the hell have they been so easily manipulated, with no excuse like poverty or low IQ!?

I can't believe they're still muzzling people a year out and I'm shocked that this thread of Rip's could actually remain relevant for the better part of what remains of this decade!

But here's the thing, Matt: these fuckers are attacking from all sides, not just your favorite Racism angle. Look at this:

ERCOT issues conservation alert… Media blames natural gas – Watts Up With That?

The State of Texas was a net exporter of natural gas during the last half of the Trump Administration, and now we are being asked to not run our AC because of excessive demand on the grid. The propaganda angle is that this is an unprecedented heat wave, with record temperatures being set in all the most important places, while the reality is that this has been an unusually cool spring, and a perfectly normal summer in Texas so far. It's 96 right now, with no wind, almost pleasant. It hasn't even been over 100F yet, which is actually quite normal, but the state media is playing along with THIS LIE TOO. I wonder how they orchestrate all this propaganda? Is there a Zoom call every Monday morning, that tells everybody what we're lying about this week?

We must be afraid, all the time, of things we've never been afraid of before, or this shit won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasfj70 View Post
    The United States spend close $800 billion on defense, half of the federal budget.
    It's hard to take anything you write seriously when the stated facts are grossly incorrect and exaggerated. I don't see how "$800 billion" (which is actually $714 billion in the following link) is "half of the federal budget":

The Federal Budget in Fiscal Year 2020: An Infographic | Congressional Budget Office

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    In other words, you really don’t know about any of this and can’t offer anything factual. You just like to put out milk and talk to the cats that come out to drink.
    I knew you were baiting, but I wasn't sure why. Why would I make up such an odd thing out of whole cloth? The "libertarian to fascism/alt-right/nationalism" pipeline has been talked about for years and there are probably dozens of articles speculating on reasons for it, "debunking" it, and "proving" it. Why is linking to any of that nonsense better than a well informed anecdote? Just google "libertarian pipeline" if you're that interested. And if there does happen to be a study/survey on this (I do not care whether there is or not), why would you trust it? Reproducibility in the social sciences is abysmal (and no, I'm not going to source this claim either).

The proper way to deal with these kinds of claims is to put them on your radar if you are interested, and then see if you notice any patterns or information in the future that support or contradict the claim. The point is to give you something to think about, possibly from a different perspective, not to catalogue a database of facts. Does that bother you?

I'm glad that Biden's abysmal G7 and summit with Putin happened. Some people, after all, knowingly or negligently voted for him, and they deserve to watch the efforts of their decision and the consequences of the likely fraudulent election that they legitimately contributed to by casting their vote.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is being treated badly and lied to - but our politics and culture describes only one people as uniquely, inherently evil and due for replacement. You can't deny that.

It's clear there is a growing disconnect between the elites and the people they represent - and that's clear across all the institutions. It doesn't matter that you noticed there isn't actually heat wave, because you have no institutional power, and the college educated leadership does.

They get to decide what is and what isn't. They've decided white people are the problem.

Hollywood and the media are portraying it every day, and expect us to believe that Hollywood is an account of real History too. Merrick Garland spelled it out by saying the biggest threat to America is white supremacists.

My point was it's not longer helpful to describe critical race theory just as ahistorical. It needs to be called out for what it is - anti-white.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

The proper way to deal with these kinds of claims is to put them on your radar if you are interested, and then see if you notice any patterns or information in the future that support or contradict the claim. The point is to give you something to think about, possibly from a different perspective, not to catalogue a database of facts. Does that bother you?
    I disagree. When you make an assertion in the form of factual statements , it’s proper to ask how you know that? If something is your opinion or you are speculating, say so, and it’s proper to agree or disagree on the topic. It’s obnoxious to have to go back and forth so many times to establish if you know something or you’re sharing an idea.

I’m not talking rigorous proof. No one here is.