starting strength gym
Page 1367 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3678671267131713571365136613671368136913771417146718672367 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,670 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    This is a pretty weird interpretation of these mask results. Finding these things on the mask means that those organisms were prevented from going into or out of the respiratory tract. That's likely to be a good thing.
    The inability to detect virus on the masks of 5 presumably uninfected individuals doesn't necessarily mean that masks cannot stop virus. They didn't detect any elephants either.
    Your making an interesting point, however we have no idea what % of stuff went through. If someone finds fecal matter on a cell phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    This is a pretty weird interpretation of these mask results. Finding these things on the mask means that those organisms were prevented from going into or out of the respiratory tract. That's likely to be a good thing.
    The inability to detect virus on the masks of 5 presumably uninfected individuals doesn't necessarily mean that masks cannot stop virus. They didn't detect any elephants either.
    Was there anything else interesting in the story?

Follow the Science: Scientist who signed letter supporting lab-leak theory: We didn't speak out sooner because we didn't want to ally with Trump – HotAir

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    OK, the whole idea is that they are supposed to work like a filter. The issue with filters is that they become clogged. When they become clogged, the excess that's collected on the filter falls off and tends to contaminate around where the filter is placed. In the case of something trying to filter the mouth and nose, you touch it or bring it closer to you, it's going to come off and defeat the purpose of the filter.
    This kind of assumption is what bothers me most. And outlines the bizarre reality of actual science deniers. That is, face masks have never, ever been able to “filter” a virus.

And months ago I stated the same on this thread (much to jsully’s dismay) before Fauci’s emails revealed the same (hint: thousands/millions of virologists knew this but could not speak up but it is laughably obvious.)

I hate I need to explain this, but a virus is not a hairball that dries up and falls off of a filter (or face mask.) Do you think a virus just drips off a mask in a soup where it thrives until it can find a way in?

As ALL scientists know and have known- but god help them if the speak of it- viruses die almost immediately outside of a host. Especially outdoors. This includes viral particulate matter in the air.

And we have many of the pathogens listed as found in the mask as part of our natural flora. When our immune system becomes compromised, for a myriad of largely controllable factors, we become vulnerable.

You’re interpretation is highly suspect to put it mildly. I love how finding pathogens on a mask means they are being filtered. Oh boy, wait till we tell him about the pathogens he’s exposed to in every day life!

It means these pathogens could be coming and going. If I was bacteria, I’d love to find a consistent supply of warm, moist goodness. It’s the Four Seasons of resorts.

Mark, are people really this incapable of critical thinking? Help me out here.

Satch is not stupid, he's not a science-denier, and you know this. People apply critical thinking at the level of their particular familiarity with the subject. You're a medical lab guy, and your level of familiarity exceeds that of me and Satch. Without the knowing the specifics of viral lifecycles (a failing he and I share with Dr. Fauci), we would have no way of knowing that viruses die almost immediately outside the host cell, and that is the reason that masks make absolutely no sense, and never have. It also explains Grantham's comment. But to the even-intelligent lay person, a filtration engineer, for example, it seems quite reasonable that if a thing entering your body through an airway can make you sick, if you interrupt the entrance to the airway you can avoid the sickness caused by the pathogen. The fact that all that other shit is normal flora is irrelevant, and was only on the list for scare-effect.

The thing that bothers me the most in every discussion of this kind of mask minutia is Who Gives A Fuck? The disease caused by the virus doesn't kill anybody that's not already dying anyway. It's not in any sense a pandemic, it is easily and cheaply treated very effectively by ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, and it's not a public health concern. IT IS A POLITICAL TOOL, and that's all it's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    You are right, but unfortunately calling them neo-feudalists doesn't pack much of a rhetorical punch. That and the fact that they are the same group of people is the main reason I still call them commies. The real goal of these assholes is resetting history (year zero), making the unnatural natural, inverting truth, and forcing everyone to accept it. I don't think they are attached to any particular economic system. Whatever gets the job done.
    What they are essentially trying to implement is communism minus the somewhat satisfying part in the beginning. That part being where all the elite are dragged out of their homes and shot. What comes after that is what sucks. They're skipping that step by starting the communism themselves. They get to keep their wealth, everyone else gets to live on the ant farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    OK, the whole idea is that they are supposed to work like a filter. The issue with filters is that they become clogged. When they become clogged, the excess that's collected on the filter falls off and tends to contaminate around where the filter is placed. In the case of something trying to filter the mouth and nose, you touch it or bring it closer to you, it's going to come off and defeat the purpose of the filter.
    Masks work best as source control. Things collected on the mask are generally going to be things from the surface of their own skin and drops/droplets from their own respiratory tract. These things are not a real risk to the wearer, since they are the source.
    There will be some particles from the air that will also be collected, but those are particles that are being drawn into the respiratory tract and given the size of particles that are affected by these types of masks, they will most likely deposit in the upper respiratory tract. Hand contamination and contamination of other surfaces is far less effective at transmitting most respiratory pathogens than deposition in the lungs.

Death Sentence
    Vladimir Zelenko, M.D.
    June 15, 2021

Death Sentence - Google Docs

Draw your own inferences from this.
    Image of Biden painted by media has nothing to do with reality - Putin - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Was there anything else interesting in the story?

Follow the Science: Scientist who signed letter supporting lab-leak theory: We didn't speak out sooner because we didn't want to ally with Trump – HotAir
    There may be other things in the story that are interesting, but there are plenty of folks on here that seem to have expertise that overlaps those areas more than mine do. I'm simply pointing out a flawed conclusion of the mask bit.

And just to correct another one from a few posts back...the amount of time a virus remains viable outside a host will vary from virus to virus, but I'm not aware of any that are immediately inactivated...especially indoors. SARS-CoV-2 will easily remain viable for long enough to get from person to person through the air. The main reason there is far less transmission outdoors than indoors is a matter of dilution and carrying away exhaled breath particles, so that others don't inhale enough virus to initiate an infection.

I don't agree that it's minutia. Poor (and sometimes disingenuous) interpretation of data is one of the major problems of this pandemic, and it should be corrected whenever possible.

Spike protein is very dangerous, it's cytotoxic (Robert Malone, Steve Kirsch, Bret Weinstein) - YouTube

This will probably be removed by YT, but I thought it was a good gateway into the problems with the current vaccine. Many smart people will argue different points, but anecdotal experiences and my skepticism of elites in government pushes more and more this way.
    I have not got the vaccine but I have had Corona twice. I got over the second one about two weeks ago, maybe a variant because no loss of smell or taste, but everything else. The first round all I had was complete loss of smell and taste. I will say the second time the body and head aches were worse and I did have minor respiratory issues.

Anyway, this kind of stuff will only lead to more skepticism and cynicism toward our trusted institutions and more doubling down by the pushers.

starting strength coach development program
    It is obvious that an aeroslized virion-loaded droplet can be suspended in the air. It is obvious that the turbulent flow of air inside of a building is sufficient to distribute the aerosols, and the only factor increasing the likelihood of infection is the density of virions relative to the volume of air. There's also not a lot of UV radiation inside. It's also pretty obvious that even filtrete can't stop it -- especially with poor PPE compliance and fitment. Something that not even trained medical professionals have ever adhered to...

But more than anything, John, point to the fucking EXACT point in the data that clearly shows where the MANDATES had a significant and obvious impact on the pandemic's propagation. Don't forget to factor in the approximate 23 day period from case identification to mortality.

I'll wait, but mostly for Seattle to finish collapsing.