starting strength gym
Page 1396 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3968961296134613861394139513961397139814061446149618962396 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,960 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I don't know if they're intimidating us, but they are certainly pissing us off.
    Not nearly enough, it seems. The entire country should be pissed off at this kind of shit. It transcends the political divide. This is straight up authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    This woman is a EE (electrical engineer)!

I know many just like her...PhD in Physics, several EEs with graduate degrees, MDs, epidemiologist PhD, etc. Really Smart people! They all lined up for the gene modification technology. And, they are signing their kids up too.

This has been the most difficult pill to swallow. Ones ability to take tests and obtain difficult degrees does not necessarily translate to critical thinking.
    I don't think being really smart is a requirement to acquire an EE degree, or even a PhD. Average smarts and determination will do. I've seen many examples of this.

However, like you, in the last year I have been baffled at how fear has completely shut down the pre-frontal cortex of many fairly intelligent people. covid and the vaccines may have been impressive scientific achievements, but I think more impressive is the power of the application of human psychology to large masses of people. I think the only ones that didn't fall for the covid panic are the ones that are suspicious and distrustful of humans. This ability is acquired from the right life experiences more so than education. Although, maybe students of history will learn to see men for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This girl's parents are too stupid to procreate. Darwin may have won.

Want Me To LAUGH AT YOU? Do Stupid Things in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

And here's an update on the deadly Delta Variant: Follow the science: ‘Deadly’ Delta variant registers a 99.9+% recovery rate | Opinion | LifeSite
    Perhaps false advice usually creeps in? FAUCI, strange world we live in.

I know many just like her...PhD in Physics, several EEs with graduate degrees, MDs, epidemiologist PhD, etc. Really Smart people! They all lined up for the gene modification technology. And, they are signing their kids up too.

This has been the most difficult pill to swallow. Ones ability to take tests and obtain difficult degrees does not necessarily translate to critical thinking.

I'm a doc, and I know plenty of docs who are....well, you get the picture

I'm all for the vaccine for people in risk groups. Got it myself.

However, from what I gather, not a single pediatric patient has died who didn't have comorbidities. I don't have a breakdown of those comorbidities, but I'm
    sure a mess of them were severe developmental problems or brain injuries where the poor kid didn't have the first line of defense (which is the ability
    to protect your own airway). Why you'd vaccinate a healthy kid is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    I think the only ones that didn't fall for the covid panic are the ones that are suspicious and distrustful of humans. This ability is acquired from the right life experiences more so than education. Although, maybe students of history will learn to see men for what they are.
    You may be on to something there. My early encounters with other humans, especially those outside my own family, were often very negative. As such, I do not have an easy time trusting them. But I also paid attention in history class. I see the patterns re-emerging.

if you haven't been introduced yet, meet Vernon Jones, future Georgia Governor.
    This is how you handle CNN - Vernon steps in 45 seconds.

I've known plenty of engineers in many field and the one thing they have in common is using big words and long drawn out explanations for general bullshit, but most couldn't find their way around or out of an office.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    You may be on to something there. My early encounters with other humans, especially those outside my own family, were often very negative. As such, I do not have an easy time trusting them. But I also paid attention in history class. I see the patterns re-emerging.
    I think this concept is under-rated. It doesn't matter how smart you are or how high your IQ is if you can't see the patterns. People aren't just gonna label shit for you and be honest. One has to recognize the patterns and be able to label it themselves. Don't forget past orthodoxies.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    I don't think being really smart is a requirement to acquire an EE degree, or even a PhD. Average smarts and determination will do. I've seen many examples of this.

However, like you, in the last year I have been baffled at how fear has completely shut down the pre-frontal cortex of many fairly intelligent people. covid and the vaccines may have been impressive scientific achievements, but I think more impressive is the power of the application of human psychology to large masses of people. I think the only ones that didn't fall for the covid panic are the ones that are suspicious and distrustful of humans. This ability is acquired from the right life experiences more so than education. Although, maybe students of history will learn to see men for what they are.
    Perhaps it's "street smarts"? Some people have a highly sensitive bullshit sniffer. I have no idea how anyone cannot smell Fauci's putrid bullshit.

But, in addition to that characteristic, I think there's another really important dimension of "intelligence" that sets people apart: unquenchable curiosity.

Here's an example: Sons of Sputnik: Kary Mullis at TEDxOrangeCoast

24 minutes, so too long for most. Kary tells about his multi-year childhood quest to launch a homemade (from scratch) rocket (with a frog as cargo) to the atmosphere and bring it back to earth. We know the guy is brilliant, but this video shows you why: he can't help it, he's gotta figure shit out.

This characteristic is missing from many of the "smart" (decorated), "successful" people I know: i see no passion for solving this once in a lifetime (hopefully) global scamdemic.

---
    Dr. Peter McCullough warns: Covid vaccinations of pregnant women an "atrocity" and "shameful" - you can start at 30 minutes. Not to be missed at 35 minutes.

Dr Pierre Kory: "It's a crime what they are doing to the world" - buried in this interview, Dr Kory explains how he figured out how to treat covid. "there's this amazing device called a telephone". He called his peers at hospitals in NYC and other hotspots, and they brainstormed. Again, another professional who can't help himself; he's gotta figure shit out even though it will end his career or even cause his home to be raided by the FBI (as with Simone Gold).