starting strength gym
Page 1403 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 4039031303135313931401140214031404140514131453150319032403 ... LastLast
Results 14,021 to 14,030 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    75% of these post-infection cases are subclinical, caught only by random screening. Same for the preliminary COVID-19 test. Studies on the other side, by contrast, require actual symptoms within 4 days, and rule out any other etiology on a case-by-case basis. No one is randomly screening LGE and troponin in the general, treated population. After all, who has the money for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    We all weigh the potential benefits against the risk for harm.
    My brain needs to see symmetry & balance in that sentence as follows:

"We all weigh the potential benefits against the potential risks for harm."

That symmetry changes everything for me. It's a clinical trial of technology never used on humans before, and it is completely unknown how this plays out in a couple years to 10 years.

I assume you have no confidence in the various early treatment and prophylaxis protocols out there. Oh well, it's probably good humanity is split in half on this. Worst case, half of us will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    My brain needs to see symmetry & balance in that sentence as follows:

"We all weigh the potential benefits against the potential risks for harm."

Oh well, it's probably good humanity is split in half on this. Worst case, half of us will survive.
    Your last bit is very well played. I think it is potentially sublime .

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What exactly is the death count from the deadly "delta" strain of the deadly COVID-19 virus?
    From Australia? I believe it is "0" so far.

Access Denied

CONJOB-21: Why Everything You're Being Told About the "Delta Variant" is Complete Nonsense

The world is awash with hysteria over the "Delta" variant of COVID-19. We are incessantly told it is more virulent and deadlier than other COVID strains, and that vaccination offers the best protection. I will explain, using the UK Government's own data, why these claims are pure nonsense. In reality, the Delta variant has one of the lowest fatality rates of all COVID strains. As if that's not enough, UK data also shows the risk of death from this variant is higher in those who have been vaccinated!

CONJOB-21: Why Everything You’re Being Told About the “Delta Variant” is Complete Nonsense – Anthony Colpo

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    75% of these post-infection cases are subclinical, caught only by random screening. Same for the preliminary COVID-19 test. Studies on the other side, by contrast, require actual symptoms within 4 days, and rule out any other etiology on a case-by-case basis. No one is randomly screening LGE and troponin in the general, treated population. After all, who has the money for that?
    This is a fair point and more data is needed to sort out the magnitude of these risks for sure. Finding 9 symptomatic cases out of 2810 raises the possibility that the risk during infection is not trivial though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    it is completely unknown how this plays out in a couple years to 10 years.
    I'm not aware of any vaccine that has adverse effects that appear years later. There is no biological reason for me to believe that these vaccines will be any different than any of the others in that respect. The fact that this is a new way to deliver the protein that the response is directed against (ie through an mRNA that codes for the protein) is not a cause for concern for me.

Global warming causes building collapse.

Biden's Energy Secretary Blames Surfside Collapse on Global Warming | Frontpagemag

How do these folk get these government jobs?

That would be a good defense when the litigation comes up, no need to explain the reinforcing was underrated and the footings were not built according to the engineering specs, or the concrete was not the right compressive strength, no the defense will say, the building deterioration was accelerated by the ingress of sea water causing a failure of the building's footings due to rising water tables directly caused by global warming of the oceans.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    How do these folk get these government jobs?
    What other jobs are they qualified for?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    CONJOB-21: Why Everything You're Being Told About the "Delta Variant" is Complete Nonsense

The world is awash with hysteria over the "Delta" variant of COVID-19. We are incessantly told it is more virulent and deadlier than other COVID strains, and that vaccination offers the best protection. I will explain, using the UK Government's own data, why these claims are pure nonsense. In reality, the Delta variant has one of the lowest fatality rates of all COVID strains. As if that's not enough, UK data also shows the risk of death from this variant is higher in those who have been vaccinated!

CONJOB-21: Why Everything You’re Being Told About the “Delta Variant” is Complete Nonsense – Anthony Colpo
    As the table shows, the Delta variant is one of the least lethal variants of all. In fact, of all the variants, the only ones with case fatality rates that exceed a single percent are the Alpha, Beta, Eta and Zeta variants. The case fatality rate of the Delta variant is a piddling 0.3%.

You'll also note how, of all the variants, the Delta case count is inflated with a disproportionately large number of "probable" (unconfirmed) cases ascertained via genotyping. Of these cases, the UK Government describes them as "Probable (genotyping) COVID-19 confirmed case [by PCR] with a genotyping result where sequencing confirmation is awaited or not available. " It remains to be seen whether future reports confirm these cases as Delta infections.

It bears reiterating that these figures are case fatality rates (CFR), not infection fatality rates (IFR). The former will always be much higher than the latter, because CFR represents only the cases that are serious enough to require medical attention. IFR refers to the death rate among everyone that is infected, including asymptomatic people.

As such, the true fatality rate of all these variants is truly miniscule and measured in fractions of a percent.
    Colpo is a useful guy.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What other jobs are they qualified for?
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." Groucho