starting strength gym
Page 1410 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4109101310136014001408140914101411141214201460151019102410 ... LastLast
Results 14,091 to 14,100 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    This is not going away anytime soon. I probably talk too much psychology for some people, but these issues are deep seeded. Many folks think this is immaturity, simply corrected with correction (defund, aging, discipline, a job, etc.)but it will not for most. Most of these people are too dumb to see they are wrong. They will not correct their behavior or grow out of it. They may become less impulsive, but their entitlement will last a lifetime. With the internet recording their every action, they have no reason to quit or change, only double-down. We are in a world of misery when these people become leaders. They are already starting to take these positions ... blue dog Dems have nothing on these people. It will be a slow and steady decay, as more disciplined folks drop out of the American experiment . We will be left with a territory of people ready to be taken over. China is not fucking around, they are pissed about the 1800’s and will stop at nothing to regain their dignity.
    Yep, the problems we're seeing are all about psychology and human nature. Nietzsche touched on it I think. I call it "the god hole". Everyone's got this piece of their mind that's supposed to be inhabited by something "godlike". Generally, religious stuff should go there. However, religions have been downcast so much in popular culture, the entities that have been depicted as "defeating" religion are just taking their place. Mobs aren't hunting witches, but they're hunting white supremacists. People aren't happily accepting as gospel everything some religious firebrand preaches, but they will accept anything a guy in a lab coat tells them. The behavior patterns are the same as unthinking religious zeal, just the objects of their worship have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I don't have an issue with those numbers, but take care not to assume that the zeros in Minnesota can be extrapolated to every state. Missouri, for example has had 5 deaths in a similar age range, Texas has had 35.

This is obviously a false dichotomy, but it's difficult to discuss generalities without some of these things. Obviously, not everyone will fit neatly into any of these bins. It's entirely possible that nobody fits neatly into any of these bins.

My use of the term 'hesitant' was not intended to insult. I use that term to try to include several shades of grey. I'm open to suggestions for a replacement term.
    Have you tried squatting heavy for sets across in a mask yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No word from the GOP about this.
    One of the judges responsible is Royce Lamberth, appointed by Ronald Reagan. Criticism of fellow club members is frowned upon.

Today's Australia story: Aussie bloke fined $5,000 for drinking coffee without a mask… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

__________________________________________________ __________

And let's not forget our own problems: Jan. 6 Detainees Confined 23 Hours a Day, Attorneys Say

And this just in, Pelosi expanding capitol police presence throughout the nation with field offices. On Ingrahm, was news to guest Tom Cotton.

That is in Alice Springs, a town in the middle of nowhere, a state about twice the size of Texas with about 200,000 people.

Here in NSW Australia masks are now mandatory when shopping and QR codes have to used to enter a store or no entry is permitted by the "Covid Marshall". If you have no cell phone, you have to give your name and phone number (for contact tracing). You can't buy and the store cannot sell unless the QR system is in place. Seems I have heard this somewhere else.

"And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name." Rev 13v17

Let me put it another way, no one can buy or sell unless he uses the QR mark or the number and his name. Perhaps a softening up process for the real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    … Nietzsche touched on it I think. I call it "the god hole". Everyone's got this piece of their mind that's supposed to be inhabited by something "godlike"...
    Never read Nietzsche, so I’ve called it the God Concept. It will attach to something, if not somebody.

But maybe the real pattern is people discovering the concept of the god concept.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Never read Nietzsche, so I’ve called it the God Concept. It will attach to something, if not somebody.

But maybe the real pattern is people discovering the concept of the god concept.
    If I'm not mistaken, the whole "God is dead" bit was about how people had vacated the part of their psyches where God once went, and had nothing good to put there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The British have announced the lifting of all restrictions with July 19. They said people will still be dying from Covid in the years to come, about 20k per year, but they essentially want to get on. The German foreign minister has also declared Germany should lift all restrictions by September. This seems to take care of Europe, and everywhere else, other than Australia and New Zealand, is pretty non hysterical already. My guess is that everyone is running out of money and the finance guys have done the math, probably run a bunch of scenarios, all of which point to hyper inflationary pressure if the printer keeps going brrr.
    Why in 2 weeks time or in September why not now. This is just a mind game to calm down the angry people which is growing daily. And even if they do ease on restrictions it will be limited in magnitude and or time because of the so called "scaryants". Similarly, they have a quota for jabs which they need to reach. What they couldn't achieve through the stick they will attempt through the carrot. And then, once people have tasted that little bit of freedom again, it will be used as a strategy to get more people Jabbed . They will say ooohh the new scaryant, the cases are rising. If we don't control it, we will have to enact the restrictions again.
    Don't get your hopes up Jovan, they are fucking with us every step of the way, every move they do is calculated. Pay attention to Israel, we are the model for the world with regards to mind games and population control with regards to covid.

UK Government Launches Multi-Front Attack On Freedom Of Expression Under Guise Of National Security | ZeroHedge

The Great Big '''Delta''' Scariant | ZeroHedge

All while Russia takes the piss out of the US for seriously weakening it's forces. Woke Raytheon: Nuclear missile-maker segregates employees, teaches critical race theory – documents — RT USA News

Franklin County judge orders COVID-19 vaccines as term of probation

"Judge Frye told WSYX that none of the offenders had a religious or medical objection to the unprecedented court-ordered terms.

“I know Judge Frye’s reputation,” said Latham. “I know he’s known for giving the max time. I don’t want to go to jail. I also don’t want to have five years probation.”

Latham told WSYX that his attorney struck a deal with prosecutors which was three years probation.

However, when he stood before the judge at sentencing, terms had changed. He said Judge Frye told him he could choose between five years probation or just one year on the condition that he receives the COVID-19 vaccine."

Maybe this judge hasn't studied enough CRT or maybe he has and this is the definition of Equity.

California: Vaccine "Police" Going Door To Door To Intimidate "Unvaccinated"

Organ transplantation from deceased donors with vaccine-induced thrombosis and thrombocytopenia - PubMed

Myocarditis Following Immunization With mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines in Members of the US Military | Cardiology | JAMA Cardiology | JAMA Network

Patients With Acute Myocarditis Following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination | Cardiology | JAMA Cardiology | JAMA Network

This is a fundamental listen and it is packaged in a way that is digestible for a wide audience.
    Dr. Robert Malone, mRNA Vaccine Inventor, on the Bioethics of Experimental Vaccines and the ‘Ultimate Gaslighting’

https://www.realcleardefense.com/art...ar_784270.html

What is wrong with these numbers? https://twitter.com/covid_clarity/st...49035397074949

Note the death numbers in the 10-19 demographic.
    The numbers are expected as we all age our immunity begins to break down, that is why the flu vaccine here for over 65's is a stronger version compared with those given to younger folk. I wonder if this is the same with the covid system?

starting strength coach development program
    Today's Australia story: Aussie bloke fined $5,000 for drinking coffee without a mask… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

__________________________________________________ __________

And let's not forget our own problems: Jan. 6 Detainees Confined 23 Hours a Day, Attorneys Say

The US justice system is much more focused on hard sentences and has the largest percentage of the population incarcerated compared to most other democracies in the world. Still US has higher crime rates than all other Western democracies. There is zero evidence that harsh punishments reduce the crime rate.

In Europe there is such a thing as a life sentence, but few spend more than 18-21 years in prison regardless of how severe the crime is (there are people with mental illnesses that are never let out because they are deemed a public safety risk). Death penalty does not exist!

I think nobody can argue against the fact that the GOP has been driving the "Law and Order" policies, although President Clinton (and at the time Senator Biden) also moved aggressively in this direction.

It is a healthy reaction that you guys are finally starting to realize that people do bad things, such as storming the Capitol building, but most of them (non-violent) do not deserve to spend 5-10 years in prison.

Another problem in US is that you can negotiate your way out of a sentence by giving information on a "bigger fish". This is completely wrong! All should be equal to the law, also the rich and powerful.

The justice system of US needs to be reformed!