starting strength gym
Page 1421 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 4219211321137114111419142014211422142314311471152119212421 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,210 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    This is a good one.

The OSS psychological profile of Hitler described his use of the big lie:

His primary rules were never allowing the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Goebbels did describe the big lie in different language in an article he wrote in 1941, “Churchill’s Lie Factory,” but he was accusing the British of the ploy:

The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Pay attention to the last sentence — where the liars keep up their lies even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Have you ever felt as though the lying, gas lighting and propaganda about COVID-19 is looking ridiculous? Alleged Conspiracy theorists have pointed this out constantly and have been accused of lying, or they have been banned from Facebook or fact checked for even the most trivial things.

But something happened that immediately vindicated the so-called conspiracy theorists.

Having spent months mercilessly removing any claims that the COVID-19 may not have evolved naturally, Facebook said it will no longer do so. The move comes as Wuhan lab-leak theory is gaining mainstream attention.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Not directly related to the pseudo-vaccine, but watching this Dr. Bro have a toddleresque temper tantrum is pretty hilarious. Trust the emotions of the experts!
    Honestly, I don't know if it's even the vaccines themselves that could be causing autism. What if it's just the act of vaccinating the kid in the first place? You don't remember shit consciously at that age, but you bet your ass things leave a powerful mark when you're a baby. Maybe it's just the simple act of a stranger taking a baby and stabbing a needle into them that can start the ball rolling on this autism stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Nope. Graphene Oxide is diamagnetic. Repels magnetic fields. But it admittedly all makes a good internet story and a nice YouTube magic trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I get the impression this is directly in your wheelhouse, so thanks for taking the time to consider Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, M.D.'s theories. For completeness, you'll find the referenced papers here:
    American Frontline Doctors - ‘Proof that puts an end to the Sars-CoV-2 Narrative’; Professor Sucharit Bhakdi, M.D.
    I had a look at these papers, and there is not much to back up the claims in the video. There is one subject (in the second reference I think) that does seem to have a relatively rapid IgG response. It may be fast enough to be a secondary response, but I'm not sure. The rest of the subjects in the papers either look pretty typical for a primary response or do not have data points early enough to make a claim one way or another.

Interestingly, the first paper shows that infection with SARS-CoV-2 produces antibodies that cross react with SARS-CoV-1 and common cold coronaviruses. However there are not data that indicate that the reverse is true (ie that those viruses produce antibodies that cross react with SARS-CoV-2) or that these crossreactivities are in any way protective.

I can't say an awful lot about how the cutoffs for RT-PCR are determined by various clinical labs. However I can say that if you have a very well behaved assay, it will rarely give you false positives, even out to 40 cycles. I don't have any personal experience with the assays that are being used for this virus, so I can't say whether this assay behaves or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    This has been posted. I’m all for distrust towards the government, but this thing positively reeks of horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is a good one.
    I can't believe you would accuse these government agencies and multinational corporations of lying to us. They are serious, and competent and have our best interests at heart as evidenced by this nice FEMA lady telling us how to prepare for hurricane season - by getting the vaccine. No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I'm not defending everything that's been done. I was really just curious where the line is for folks.
    Of course not. Nor do I pretend that we can get that metric to be 0. Nor do I think that we should even try to get that metric to be 0.

The thing that seems to be missed in many of these conversations is that there are more than the following two options:
    1) Lock everyone in their homes and wait for it to pass.
    2) Pretending like it doesn't exist and wishing Grandma good luck.

I don't know what the right answer is, but I do know that is somewhere between these two terrible options.
    From several weeks ago...
    How about we ask Grandma if she is ok with injecting a solution that is showing serious negative signals in the younger population, which is being forced onto them using Grandma as the excuse. Would Grandma agree to that no matter how low the risk? and "YES" we are being "FORCED" into this initiative! If I can't make a livelihood unless I am vaccinated that is being forced.

I agree.

I'd be interested to put a number on it though. Would an IFR that is 3 times greater....times greater...10 times greater...100 times greater reason enough for interventions to be necessary?
    I think the answer would become apparent if we had an actual, life threatening, apocalyptic pandemic, like, say, the medival plague that eradicated a third of Europe's population, or maybe a zombie apocalypse. You know, a pandemic where people get infected and they get horribly sick and die - and you don't even need a PCR test to know that they're infected!
    In that case, people (especially the smart people who now call out this scamdemic) would willingly take measures to protect themselves, it wouldn't need to be forced on them.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Signs and symptoms

Bubonic plague
    Symptoms of the disease include fever of 38–41 °C (100–106 °F), headaches, painful aching joints, nausea and vomiting, and a general feeling of malaise. Left untreated, of those that contract the bubonic plague, 80 percent die within eight days.

Contemporary accounts of the pandemic are varied and often imprecise. The most commonly noted symptom was the appearance of buboes (or gavocciolos) in the groin, neck, and armpits, which oozed pus and bled when opened.

Boccaccio's description:
    In men and women alike it first betrayed itself by the emergence of certain tumours in the groin or armpits, some of which grew as large as a common apple, others as an egg ... From the two said parts of the body this deadly gavocciolo soon began to propagate and spread itself in all directions indifferently; after which the form of the malady began to change, black spots or livid making their appearance in many cases on the arm or the thigh or elsewhere, now few and large, now minute and numerous. As the gavocciolo had been and still was an infallible token of approaching death, such also were these spots on whomsoever they showed themselves.

This was followed by acute fever and vomiting of blood. Most victims died two to seven days after initial infection.
    Now that's a plague. Pretty graphic. I think most people would wash their hands more often and keep a little distance from their fellow humans voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm sure you're an intelligent man, but I have yet to see you thinking broadly enough regarding this issue. If we lose 5% of the population of the planet at the cost of 95% of the economy of the planet, what has been accomplished? If saving lives is the only thing that matters, why are you not promoting ivermectin? Are suicides not death? Are undiagnosed terminal cancers not death? Are grandparents dying alone of heart failure and dementia locked up in rooms away from their families not a cause of concern to you? Is this virus the only thing you're capable of being concerned about?
    Thanks Rip for nailing it here once again.