starting strength gym
Page 1425 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4259251325137514151423142414251426142714351475152519252425 ... LastLast
Results 14,241 to 14,250 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't clear about my position wrt ivermectin. I've not said that people should not be treated with ivermectin. I don't have the expertise to evaluate treatment protocols. Metanalyses like this appear to make a reasonable case, but I leave those decisions to folks that are more qualified than me to evaluate these studies.

The issue that I had was wrt using ivermectin as the primary means to prevent infections. I stand by my assesment that there are not compelling evidence that we should drop vaccinations and all non pharmaceutical interventions and replace them with ivermectin. It may make sense to add it to what is already being done, but not as a wholesale replacement yet. Squishing together a bunch of small studies to make that case is not enough.
    Let's simplify the question: If your mother was sick with COVID-19, would you give her ivermectin? If not, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Let's simplify the question: If your mother was sick with COVID-19, would you give her ivermectin? If not, why?
    I would.

I would.
    Would you approve of all other doctors giving it to their COVID patients?

The stupid bastard actually said this out loud: https://twitter.com/i/status/1415024546269257737

Would you approve of all other doctors giving it to their COVID patients?
    I wouldn't stand in the way if that's what they wanted to do.

I wouldn't stand in the way if that's what they wanted to do.
    Would you approve of the therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    He’s an entertainer. He happens to be very good at putting together coherent stories.

I guess what I enjoy most about him is the left has no one close.
    This is a great point that many people seem to misunderstand these days. We no longer have news outlets, we only have propaganda and infotainment. Propaganda is mostly left wing and infotainment mostly right wing. By we, I mean pretty much the whole world. This has been going on seriously since the 2008 crash and newsroom gutting, but the process has probably been in the works for much longer. The trouble with right leaning guys these days is that they are feeding into the paranoid streak of the viewers and readers and listeners, which they obviously respond to, so some of the clarity gets lost.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but if you have the time, this needs to be watched.
    It seems that this has all been in the planning for far longer than we might think.

There'''s no variant... not novel... no pandemic. Dr David Martin with Reiner Fuellmich

Would you approve of the therapy?
    Yes. As has been pointed out here before, it's a very safe drug, and there are data that suggest that it works. Are there conflicting data...yes. could the data be better....yes. I see no good reason to prevent doctors from using it while we sort those issues out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    This is a narrow technical interpretation which fails to see the bigger picture. Yes, it is (somewhat) true that, even after many cycles, a well-tuned assay is specific to the presence of the nucleic acid of interest. However, this is not equivalent to the presence of clinically-significant, infectious disease, which is the actual downstream interpretation of the test.
    When extrapolated on a large population, this can put many people in quarantine that are not infectious and that should not be quarantined. This can destroy people's lives and the economy in general. Assessment of SARS-CoV-2 RNA Test Results Among Patients Who Recovered From COVID-19 With Prior Negative Results | Pathology and Laboratory Medicine | JAMA Internal Medicine | JAMA Network
    This is one of the important points that Kevin McKernan has been trying to make for quite some time.

CORMAN-DROSTEN REVIEW REPORT

KEVIN MCKERNAN ON THE REVIEW OF THE CORMAN-DROSTEN PCR METHODOLOGY THAT HE CO-AUTHORED – Freedom Of Speech

and this is probably one of McKernans most refined podcasts on PCRs for a general apolitical audience Understanding PCR in COVID-19 with Kevin McKernan - The Paradocs