starting strength gym
Page 1434 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 4349341334138414241432143314341435143614441484153419342434 ... LastLast
Results 14,331 to 14,340 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Listen to this:
    March 19th, 2021 - Vera Sharav, a Holocaust survivor from Romania, is an outspoken medical activist and founder of the Alliance for Human Research Protection. She is convinced that the same people who terrorised the continent of Europe during her childhood have returned to finish their work and their vehicle has been the Corona crisis. This video contains her evidence and perspective shared with the German Corona Committee of independent lawyers seeking to establish truth about the present worldwide crisis.
    Vera Sharav interviewed by Reiner Fuellmich | German Corona Committee

The CDC Owes Parents Better Messaging on the Vaccine for Kids | WIRED

""A slide presented during the meeting showed that 0.3 percent of 12- to 25-year-olds (which of course includes 12- to 17-year-olds) have landed in the emergency room following vaccination (0.1 percent after the first dose, and 0.2 percent after the second dose). And 0.3 percent of 1 million, the total number of vaccinations in Walensky’s model, is 3,000. In other words, the CDC is suggesting that within this group, it is preferable for 3,000 12- to 17-year-olds to go to the emergency room after getting vaccinated than for 200 12- to 17-year-olds to be hospitalized from Covid-19. (It’s worth noting that visiting the emergency department is not the same as a hospital admission, and perhaps some portion of the visits were unrelated to the vaccine, but even if 90 percent of the ER patients weren’t admitted, that still would equate to 300 admissions, more than the 200 for Covid-19 infection.) Moreover, as two peer-reviewed studies in a journal published by the American Academy of Pediatrics found, at least 40 percent of pediatric Covid-19 hospitalizations were for patients in the hospital merely with Covid-19, not from Covid-19, meaning the 200 hospitalizations Walensky is referencing may really be around 120.""

""There also is a highly relevant factor that was left out of Walensky’s cost-benefit analysis. According to the CDC’s own data, 70 percent of 12- to 17-year-olds hospitalized for Covid-19 had underlying medical conditions. Whereas the evidence suggests the majority of young males with post-vaccination myocarditis were otherwise healthy. This detail matters, since it changes the risk calculation on an individual level. The risk-benefit for a 14-year-old girl with underlying conditions (putting her at higher risk for severe Covid) to be vaccinated, for example, is very different from that of a 14-year-old boy with no underlying conditions.

Further to this point, a slide in the committee meeting recommended that even if someone gets myocarditis following the first dose of the mRNA vaccine, if their heart recovers they should still consider getting a second dose. While some policy professionals were pleased with this advice, numerous cardiologists and other medical professionals condemned it. Venk Murthy, a cardiologist at the University of Michigan, commented: “In essentially no circumstances should a patient with myocarditis soon after first mRNA vax dose get a second dose, even if the heart recovers. The CDC got this wrong.” Physicians at three different major university hospitals in New York and California, who were not authorized to speak publicly, each told me this advice was “insane.”

The medical establishment has also fallen in line behind the CDC to back its questionable messaging. In a remarkable show of uniformity, a joint statement, cosigned by the heads of the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Heart Association, the American Medical Association, the American Nurses Association, the American Hospital Association, and 11 other national medical organizations, was released in reaction to the advisory committee meeting. It reads, in part:

Today, the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) met to discuss the latest data on reports of mild cases of inflammation of the heart muscle and surrounding tissue called myocarditis and pericarditis following Covid-19 vaccination among younger people.

The facts are clear: We know that myocarditis and pericarditis are much more common if you get Covid-19, and the risks to the heart from Covid-19 infection can be more severe.

We recommend getting vaccinated right away if you haven’t yet.

Several cardiologists and a pediatric immunologist I spoke with said there is no clear or definitive data they are aware of that myocarditis stemming from Covid-19 is likely to be more severe or common than it is from vaccination, particularly for healthy young people. Multiple messages to the CDC asking for the underlying data that this statement is based on went unreturned.""

COVID-19 Case Data in Israel: A Troubling Trend?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Australia has set the modern standard for brainwashing, and historians and propagandists will be studying this for centuries.
    I hope to be out of here by then. My personal opinion is I do not think the current Earth as we know it will be here in centuries to come. I know your opinions on "Christianity", however, Mark as Texas is the center of some of the most aberrant forms of it I can understand that. Anything good will be counterfeited as you well know. Somewhere down the track though Mark you will need to deal with this as I did 40 years ago. Look at it his way, if it is all bullshit and I know you can see bullshit a mile off, if it is all untrue then you have nothing to lose, but if it is true then you will lose badly, you only have this present life to investigate this and time is running out. I am 68 and your not far behind me.

Yes, we here in Australia are being brainwashed and deception and lies will become worse as we draw towards the conclusion.

"For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths." 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Look at it his way, if it is all bullshit and I know you can see bullshit a mile off, if it is all untrue then you have nothing to lose, but if it is true then you will lose badly, you only have this present life to investigate this and time is running out.
    Wal, you're a good guy, and you have proven this to me for years. I do not have an Invisible Friend. I have a lot of affection for you, and I respect you as a man. I don't normally interact with Christers beyond a casual level, and I usually avoid them like the plague, because they are commonly dishonest, in desperate need of their cherished forgiveness for very good reasons.

But this is intellectual chickenshit. It is called Pascal's Wager. Your position is that you should believe what makes you feel best, and the logical truth be damned -- after all, what have you got to lose by believing a fairy tale, even if it is a bald-faced lie? You won't know until you die, and after that, what difference does it make? That's you're position. Have the balls to face the reality: Power is in charge, and that is all there ever has been. If your Invisible Friend was actually in charge, none of this shit would be happening, because of the Love Of God, His Omnipotence, His Omniscience, His Eternal Love, the Blood of the Lamb, all this bullshit, like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy we tell children to make them sleep better. I hate to say this to you, but Faith is a poor substitute for Reason. Grow beyond Faith.

I'm going into faith, actually, and in a very deep way. Life is suffering and broken, but the message has been watered down. Life is supposed to be suffering just like deadlifts should be heavy. It's what refines us into who we should be, and we are supposed to strive to be better. Not because it will last or that it will secure our salvation. We should be cause it is the right way to be. It is aligned with the truth -- what we know to be good and what makes up the substance of our existence that we can only catch faint glimpses of occasionally.

Free will is not a dichotomy, but a continuous opportunity to either turn toward the truth or away from it. There are no good guys and bad guys. We're all villains, and some of us are trying not to be consumed by it.

There is assured victory, but you shouldn't hide and wait for the rapture. You're not supposed to know, and it's imperative to carry on as if it will never happen. Jesus was not weak. He was the most powerful man to have lived, and it's why the iconography and example of the shepherd was central. Live that. Be strong and disciplined. Know when to be gentle, and be ready to protect the weak and innocent from all manner of natural tragedy and malfeasance. Try to stay humble and truthful. Pay attention.

It is an exact parallel to strength training. Neither are wasted even though you inevitably die. Both are part of the same journey of suffering that will define you and refine you, mind, body and soul, if you do the work.

But I'm a terrible Christian, so take all of that with a grain of salt.

-------------

This is important. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, but that people are thinking and expressing it. This is not the 60s. Either the American people run the Biden regime off, or it goes badly for all of us.

Now They Are Saying That The Republican Party Is The #1 "National Security Threat To The United States Of America"

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    In my experience those that consider themselves bad Christians are often the good ones and those that consider themselves good Christians are often the bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I
    Your passage here sounds more Buddhist, with deadlifts instead of meditation. Which is actually a pretty good fusion.

Wal, you're a good guy, and you have proven this to me for years. I do not have an Invisible Friend. I have a lot of affection for you, and I respect you as a man. I don't normally interact with Christers beyond a casual level, and I usually avoid them like the plague, because they are commonly dishonest, in desperate need of their cherished forgiveness for very good reasons.

But this is intellectual chickenshit. It is called Pascal's Wager. Your position is that you should believe what makes you feel best, and the logical truth be damned -- after all, what have you got to lose by believing a fairy tale, even if it is a bald-faced lie? You won't know until you die, and after that, what difference does it make? That's you're position. Have the balls to face the reality: Power is in charge, and that is all there ever has been. If your Invisible Friend was actually in charge, none of this shit would be happening, because of the Love Of God, His Omnipotence, His Omniscience, His Eternal Love, the Blood of the Lamb, all this bullshit, like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy we tell children to make them sleep better. I hate to say this to you, but Faith is a poor substitute for Reason. Grow beyond Faith.

Yes I know, you told me this before and I do appreciate your honesty and directness, and that is how it should be.

"Grow beyond faith" is a great expression. The definition of faith is this, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11V1

When I happened on "Starting Strength" some years ago if you had told me an old guy (me)could dead lift 170 Kgs I would have said to you, that is "chicken shit". However I had faith in your words and in your training methods and guess what I am still lifting, "Grow beyond faith", yes that is a fact, I put it to the test and proved it not a lie.

"This reality (strength training)is offensive to some people who would like the intellectual or spiritual to take precedence." Pg 2 SS BBT. You are right,we are a three legged stool, we need the intellectual, spiritual and the physical to be complete. All I did was add the "physical" (with a lot of hard work) to the other two if you get my drift. Anyhow let us move on.

You may be interested in this, The Chicken Pharm! Perhaps the CV-19 meds will be in the egg down the track to overcome the vaccine reluctant.

Genetically Modified Chickens Lay Cancer-Fighting Eggs | Splice

Not kissing ass… very good response. One bad thing I see with religion in decline is now everyone is their own God. People act like they should be treated like holy water because there is no actual God… so “ I’m the center of the universe” mentality starts. Reason should be followed, but when everyone thinks their opinion is reason just because they are special… we get mask mandates and functional training.

starting strength coach development program
    …Power is in charge, and that is all there ever has been. …
    Coming from you, authentic.

As ever, Wal can speak for himself, but I don’t think he would disagree with this.

“For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.” Eph 6:12

I want Rip to start a Jesus thread.