starting strength gym
Page 1471 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 4719711371142114611469147014711472147314811521157119712471 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,710 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And by extension, this will be the goddamndest thing you watch this month: Tucker Carlson opening statement from Budapest… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS
    And this is only going to lead to increased rent for people who actually fucking pay theirs as landlords try to make up for losses on eviction-immune freeloaders. Great. This is along with the horrific constitutional implications.

I have seen conflicting reports regarding the isolation of SARS COV 2. Some say we do have it and some say we don't. Can some please clarify this. And if it is, how can this be varified?

The man in the interview apparently won his court case on the premise that SARS COV 2 is not isolated and does not exist Freedom Fighter Court VICTORY! Ends Masking, Shots, Quarantine in Alberta!

What kind of stupid do you have to be to believe this? Seriously, at this point they are insulting our intelligence to measure the effect.

And by extension, this will be the goddamndest thing you watch this month: Tucker Carlson opening statement from Budapest… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS
    Why aren't you happy!? Schwab has already told us "Zat you vill own nosing, and you vill be happy" Log into Facebook
    But seriously, why is it when intellectually smart people watch the above video they are not alarmed. But when simple people like me see it they understand that there is a serious conspiracy happening before our own eyes!

Long time lurker here. I've been following this thread for months now. Thanks guys for the back and forth debate here with links to back up your positions. I'm a Kalifornia refugee now living in the red part of Southern Oregon, the part that wants to secede to Idaho because they are fed up with Portland and Salem. I lived in Kali for 70 years. It was heartbreaking to watch it turn in to such a cesspool. My question now is when does the shooting start? I've never owned a gun but I'm seriously considering it now. Doubt that I would ever shoot it in anger but it would be a comfort to have just in case even if it was just for the intimidation factor. A long long time ago I was a long haired hippie just trying to stay out of the governments sight. Seems like history is yet again repeating itself with so many people turning their back on a government that has lost sight of the fact that the government is here for us not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Texan View Post
    I work for a children's hospital in DFW. Im in IT and work 100% remote. Just received the get vaxxed or get fired email.
    Are you taking the jab or finding another job? I feel like everyone who has an employer will face this dilemma sooner rather than later. The main problem with quitting will be be finding a job that DOESN'T require it.

I don't think the board is a staunch defender of the defense budget. But at least when you buy bombs and guns, you actually get something for your money, unlike the war on poverty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    There is a decent argument to be made that the US involvement in conflicts overseas actually makes money. Here is a speech by a Chinese general from 2015. A lot of it is pure bullshit bragging about how China is the greatest and the US sucks, but many parts are very good:
    One belt, one road - Limes
    For a more comprehensive analysis of this phenomenon I will once more suggest Michael Hudson’s “Supreimperialism”. The Chinese love that one, it seems that this speech draws heavily on the book’s. Not everything is as it seems. Hudson is a Marxist btw, I have to mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    The reference I made to defense spending had nothing to do with "policing the world". The packet-switched network that was developed to facilitate military communication during an overwhelming attack on the US mainland (e.g, nuclear war) is the technology that is the foundation of the Internet. So, I found it ironic that a person benefitting from his Internet use (to post on this board) would state that the US "defense industry is creating nothing".
    Agreed that the defense industry produces something, but much of its product is promptly consumed(blown up in the middle-east). To Jovan's point, yes, war obviously makes money for some, but it's more akin to weath redistribution than creation. I'll check out your book recommendation.

But that's not the point. I should have taken a different approach to my response. I wasn't really posting to ding the military or its spending; my post was a failed attempt about not reflexively responding to leftist argumentation in a hyperbolic manner. I can picture Jonas chuckling about our love for the military-industrial complex when the reality is far more nuanced. I've heard several smart people on the correct side of this covid nonsense state, "it's not real," which instantly qualifies them as conspiracy nuts to those on the left. Of course, these "nuts" know covid is a real virus that has real affects, but this dismissive response shuts down any further discourse and undermines their position.

And while I don't have high hopes of changing anyone's mind, especially after what I've seen over the last 15 months, I do think any incremental progress we can make towards spreading Truth is valuable. We only need an R number of 1 to outcompete this virus.

Australian Senator Malcolm Roberts...

Interesting, to me, is what he describes as "...the civil disobedience tipping point—which is the maximum capacity of the police to arrest people, of the jails to hold people and of the courts to process people—is in Australia around 100,000 people. Anything more than that and the system comes crashing down. Attendance at the freedom rallies last month shows we’re almost there."

Australian Senator Malcolm Roberts: "If The Government Can Decide Who is Free and Who is Not, There is No Freedom Only Tyranny" - The Last Refuge

Something worth remembering: It's not just whether you got the pseudo-vaccine. Even if you did, it doesn't give you a pass to automatically accept forced verification and "submit your papers". You should be willing to lose your job over this, even if you took their shot. This is the hill. There will be no coming back from this if enough of you surrender.

If we can manage a rock solid 15%-25% of the workforce who will not submit, we will win. Maybe even as low as 5-10%. Not submitting here is orders of magnitude more powerful than any vote you ever cast. It potentially costing you is only an indication of how much they want you to turn tail and run. Do not do it. And remember to encourage as many people as you can to hold the line. Just because they got jabbed doesn't mean they can't still fight for the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    And this is only going to lead to increased rent for people who actually fucking pay theirs as landlords try to make up for losses on eviction-immune freeloaders. Great. This is along with the horrific constitutional implications.
    Has the Supreme Court been disbanded? If Rochelle Walensky appoints herself President for Life, what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    California. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Are you taking the jab or finding another job? I feel like everyone who has an employer will face this dilemma sooner rather than later. The main problem with quitting will be be finding a job that DOESN'T require it.
    I think he realizes that.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    I have seen conflicting reports regarding the isolation of SARS COV 2. Some say we do have it and some say we don't. Can some please clarify this. And if it is, how can this be varified?
    We have already dealt with this. The actual existence of the virus is certainly as hell not the issue here, not even a tiny part of it.

And once again, the facts, although interesting, are irrelevant: CDC COVID Data Tracker

Who's oversight is responsible for this data being published? Someone needs to lose their pension over this. Very inconvenient.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. Shipley View Post
    Heck of an argument made in here. Glad to see a school board approaching this with common sense.
    There just aren't many out there like Jamie Haynes.

This morning, our county school board here in NC voted to mask all kids at school this year. They reserved the option to unmask if some criteria is met. Perhaps that that criteria will be vaccinations?

They had to step away to consider allowing athletes to unmask during practice and events....because they hadn't thought about that possibility. The board's minority dissent is weak and incapable of resisting.

One might think this is a good thing; parents and students will rise up. But, now I realize....nobody gives a shit...in fact, many parents and their meek kids are probably for it.

Gonna watch Idiocracy tonight to better understand the world I find myself.