starting strength gym
Page 1485 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4859851385143514751483148414851486148714951535158519852485 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,850 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    While it may feel good to give in to emotions, fighting toe-to-toe is not always the best course of action. Read some Sun Tzu if you have trouble understanding this.
    I've read Art of War so many times it doesn't even go back on the bookshelf any more. It sits on my desk under the Havamal. I also read the part about how a smart general will divide the enemy army and I think you have it backwards. If the rest of you give in to your emotions, your fear, and don't man up there won't be anything that people like me and David can do for you. If you are stupid enough to think the enemy can be fought at ground level there is nothing we can do for you. Know yourself and your enemy and you won't have to fear the battle to come.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Is this Hurling’s alt account?
    Hmm. Let me check... No.

od1's post brings up a good angle though. We really need to be talking strategy. If people on our side will let us those of us with balls (and SS seems to be home to more than its fair share of strong folks) will lead everyone out of this mess but it's gonna take more than bribing some poor pharmacy tech at the Kroger vax station. It's gonna take moving money and efforts towards things that push our cause. It might mean you can't stay in the same field you have been in. It might mean you have to move geographic locations. It might mean you have to give up your Playstation money to get more self-sustainable. But if we want our country to continue to look like anything we recognize we're gonna need to plan a strategy and hold fast when the suck begins.

This little video is amazing, and scary as fuck, since every sentence of it describes precisely what is starting to happen now.

"Don't let it happen. It depends on you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hmm. Let me check... No.
    But you wondered, right? 😂

This guy shares his experience working in COVID care units

L on Gab: '' - Gab Social

Something to consider when reading MDs' opinions online.

FSMB: Spreading COVID-19 Vaccine Misinformation May Put Medical License at Risk
    WASHINGTON, D.C. (July 29, 2021) – The Federation of State Medical Boards’ Board of Directors released the following statement in response to a dramatic increase in the dissemination of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and disinformation by physicians and other health care professionals on social media platforms, online and in the media:

“Physicians who generate and spread COVID-19 vaccine misinformation or disinformation are risking disciplinary action by state medical boards, including the suspension or revocation of their medical license. Due to their specialized knowledge and training, licensed physicians possess a high degree of public trust and therefore have a powerful platform in society, whether they recognize it or not. They also have an ethical and professional responsibility to practice medicine in the best interests of their patients and must share information that is factual, scientifically grounded and consensus-driven for the betterment of public health. Spreading inaccurate COVID-19 vaccine information contradicts that responsibility, threatens to further erode public trust in the medical profession and puts all patients at risk.”
    A Physician may know something to be true now. However, he must wait 6 months or more until the authorities say it's ok to talk about it.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We are watching an evil thing unfold, the likes of which has never happened before. Pay attention.

Spoiler alert: Nazi Germany - Wikipedia
    Mic drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Something to consider when reading MDs' opinions online.
    Scariest sentence (fragment) I have read, maybe ever: "consensus-driven for the betterment of public health."

starting strength coach development program
    Well, one small town in Italy has put a mandatory green pass to enter the city centre. To walk on the freaking street. Only a matter of time before it spreads to bigger cities. They are really pushing a lot ot buttons here, and I gotta tell you, not a lot of pushback. Nothing compared to France or Germany. We are not violent people. At all. This is so easy for them.