starting strength gym
Page 1496 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 4969961396144614861494149514961497149815061546159619962496 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,960 of 30189

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I've seen those reports. They show similar amounts of viral RNA in the nose; they do not show similar transmission. It may be a good correlate of transmission, but it may be terrible (e.g. we know that people getting over COVID-19 can have viral RNA in their nose for weeks afterward with no risk of transmission.) Even if it is a reasonable correlate of transmission a group from Singapore showed that viral RNA in the nose decreases more rapidly in vaccinated people, which suggests a decreased risk of transmission.

Preprint of the Singapore study: Virological and serological kinetics of SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant vaccine-breakthrough infections: a multi-center cohort study | medRxiv
    From what I'm reading, people do not know either way. They have measured some rough proxies for transmission, like viral amount in the nose, but really nobody knows.
    Breakthrough COVID-19 Cases May Be a Bigger Problem

This still makes vaccine passports deficient in scientific support, as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    There was a Georgian guy making the rounds in the US in the late 19th century, named G.I. Gurdjieff. He was part of the whole alternative spirituality nonsense which was popular in the West at that time, along the lines of Rudolf Steiner and morons of that ilk. Theosophy, alternative history, gnosticism, all that jazz. Anyway, his main point was that people were not really alive, but spent their lives in a dream like state in which they had no memory of their lives as they were unfolding. I always thought his ideas were complete bullshit until 2020 came around and people started behaving in the exact way that he described.
    "The essential conditions will be wrongly understood and will result in a mechanical repetition of the forms of effort that never surpass a quite ordinary level." Gurdjieff's comment on Cross Training.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Not for years, I'm a big Marvel fan. But it doesn't matter where you get your particular inspiration for standing your moral ground- the point is, rather, that you have to have one. Non-compliance is always so costly that you have to believe in it in your heart, it has to be part of your character or it will be too high a cost.
    I was not really trying to make a moral point, rather I was suggesting that the way the world is heading the "hydra" so often typified in the Bible as either a serpent or dragon with many heads representing a type of world government that will control the earth eventually and it is called a 10 nation confederacy with one leader who will demand absolute power. This leader will institute what is called the "Mark of the Beast" system to control the buying and selling of individuals as well as taking control of world economies. Some folk have suggested that the CV-19 vaccination is a prelude to this by making a CV-19 Vac certificate requirement to travel and to buy goods. Here in Australia the state has now required everyone to use a QR code to enter a store or business and stores and businesses have to have a QR code displayed on the front door. A QR code is a traceable code for covid trackers to find you should a positive case end up in the store where you may have been. And you know what? we just went with it without a word.

I could be wrong, but it feels like a a softening up process to get people conditioned to this final world system. The US is a hard nut to crack, it was difficult to destroy from the outside so it has been white anted from the inside as this forum points out regularly. The US is the only country that stands in the way, so it has to go. When you read the comments on this thread I can see some folk are aware of what is going on, but are not sure who or what is behind it. Anyhow perhaps you may like to reread it, it has a very interesting end.

As you have stated the cost is high, but someone has paid it on our behalf.

Someone has already paid the cost and your right it was too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    From this rebuttal:

Why? What in the fuck is the point of this? These fools all proceed from the same premise. What would have happened had we all just behaved normally, like we have for thousands of years? What would have happened had we used the repurposed tools at our disposal, instead of waiting for new "vaccines"? Are intact economies and families and mental health now unaffordable luxuries in the face of a disease with a 99.97% survival rate? So the Stock guy made some mistakes, but this guy thinks that shooting him down in flames validates the chaos we're in as a result of his bullshit approach to this situation?

Roger that. I prefer the advice of practicing physicians any day since they are accountable.

Edward Nirenberg is the name of the guy who wrote the rebuttal. His credentials are 1) an "aspiring physician" per his website deplatformdisease(dot)com, and 2) he holds a BSc in biochemistry per his Twitter (at)ENirenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    This still makes vaccine passports deficient in scientific support, as of now.
    This can be easily corrected in JAMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    It may be a good correlate of transmission, but it may be terrible (e.g. we know that people getting over COVID-19 can have viral RNA in their nose for weeks afterward with no risk of transmission.)
    A bad proxy measure…which your field has employed in every study on transmissibility, and has universally instituted in practice to restrict people’s daily activity.

a group from Singapore showed that viral RNA in the nose decreases more rapidly in vaccinated people, which suggests a decreased risk of transmission.
    You missed the qualifier "after day 7 of infection".

We have case reports of infection spreading within vaccinated groups, with live virus present in their mucosa (not just RNA), coinciding with epidemiological data in highly vaccinated countries. Do you actually not understand why the public is upset at the lack of "protection against transmission"?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    "The essential conditions will be wrongly understood and will result in a mechanical repetition of the forms of effort that never surpass a quite ordinary level." Gurdjieff's comment on Cross Training.

I was not really trying to make a moral point, rather I was suggesting that the way the world is heading the "hydra" so often typified in the Bible as either a serpent or dragon with many heads representing a type of world government that will control the earth eventually and it is called a 10 nation confederacy with one leader who will demand absolute power. This leader will institute what is called the "Mark of the Beast" system to control the buying and selling of individuals as well as taking control of world economies. Some folk have suggested that the CV-19 vaccination is a prelude to this by making a CV-19 Vac certificate requirement to travel and to buy goods. Here in Australia the state has now required everyone to use a QR code to enter a store or business and stores and businesses have to have a QR code displayed on the front door. A QR code is a traceable code for covid trackers to find you should a positive case end up in the store where you may have been. And you know what? we just went with it without a word.

I could be wrong, but it feels like a a softening up process to get people conditioned to this final world system. The US is a hard nut to crack, it was difficult to destroy from the outside so it has been white anted from the inside as this forum points out regularly. The US is the only country that stands in the way, so it has to go. When you read the comments on this thread I can see some folk are aware of what is going on, but are not sure who or what is behind it. Anyhow perhaps you may like to reread it, it has a very interesting end.

I'm 28 years old, and the amount of crap I've heard referred to as the "Mark of the Beast" in my illustrious time being conscious is downright staggering. When are you guys going to be right? It reminds me of the fact that I've had to deal with phone calls and conversations from my borderline schizophrenic "Christian" father telling me that this or that modern geo-political event is a sign that the end is near. After the end in fact does not occur my father, and his legion of like minded doomsday rapture believing intellectuals, are not deterred. Somehow this is even more of a sign that the end is really near. It's a near near near end event sitting everything up in place for the end to finally come and save these scared shitless folks from having to contend with the certainty of death.

I also find a major contradiction in the conspiracy theorists who contend that everything is a staged event to control you. For one - all of us own cell phones. We are okay with Amazon and Facebook tracking our every move and selling our eyeballs for advertisements and manipulating you with algorithms to get you to spend your money to the tune of we are all fucking broke. But yet if someone asks us to pay a little more in tax we all lose our collective fucking minds. I mean downright lose our fucking minds. Which isn't, by the way, an impassioned plea on my part for all of us to be okay with paying more in tax. We should probably pay much less and have a more efficient investment focused government. But the fact that we don't lose our collective fucking minds over the cell phone manipulation of our minds is downright hilarious, especially when a lot of these folks claim to be "woke" in the sense that they are afraid of tyrannical manipulative governments. But yet as I'm writing this post some of you have searched for fishing gear or told your wife in front of Alexa that you need a new shirt and now when you're scrolling through Facebook you're inundated with one sided political posts and ads for the very same items which you will eventually buy. And don't tell me that isn't true because if it wasn't Facebook would not be a public company and these companies would not pay Facebook for your eye balls.

I find it very comical that people quote George Orwell and talk about group think here when it's definitely occurring on all political sides right now, and it's mostly driven by social media. And yes - your virtue signaling and done-know-it-all attitude doesn't change the fact that American conservatives fall victim to this too even if you're first knee jerk reaction is to dismiss my claims because the knowledge you deal with is "righteous" and true. You're being brainwashed just like the rest of us bitching about brainwashing. Case in point, I've talked about taxation and vaccines in this post. The fact that I have not completely condemned them will make a lot of you automatically assume that I'm a baby killing trojan horse communist hell bent on infiltrating these forums and selling your daughters for some Epstein-eque satanic cult involving Hillary Clinton and the Hansen Twins. And let me state again - if this forum was more left leaning I'd be selling the same shit in a different way to those ignorant bunch of hippies.

The other day a guy at the gym I own walked up to me and said "I get paid by my insurance to come to the gym." I've never provided any info to his insurance provider regarding his visits. His insurance company made him download an app and it tracks where he goes at all times. This poor smuck was okay with these strangers tracking his every move. And so are you, but if some public health official wants you to be vaccinated you lose your collective fucking minds. Now again - I'm very very adamant against the use of vaccines because I think heart disease is the heart of the issue here. But I think it's comical people lose their minds over this vaccine stuff but have spent the better part of 10 years not giving a single shit about the background manipulation and tracking that occurs with social media and cell phones. I mean hell - even if you want to contend that you only use the internet for these forums, you're still be tracked by private and public entities.

Here's the cool thing if I'm Facebook or Apple or Amazon or anyone that stands to make a buck from manipulating you. Get pissed about vaccines and the government and what have you all the while forgetting that I'm the one that's actually doing the most damage to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jcockerham View Post
    I'm 28 years old, and the amount of crap I've heard referred to as the "Mark of the Beast" in my illustrious time being conscious is downright staggering. When are you guys going to be right? It reminds me of the fact that I've had to deal with phone calls and conversations from my borderline schizophrenic "Christian" father telling me that this or that modern geo-political event is a sign that the end is near. After the end in fact does not occur my father, and his legion of like minded doomsday rapture believing intellectuals, are not deterred. Somehow this is even more of a sign that the end is really near. It's a near near near end event sitting everything up in place for the end to finally come and save these scared shitless folks from having to contend with the certainty of death.

I also find a major contradiction in the conspiracy theorists who contend that everything is a staged event to control you. For one - all of us own cell phones. We are okay with Amazon and Facebook tracking our every move and selling our eyeballs for advertisements and manipulating you with algorithms to get you to spend your money to the tune of we are all fucking broke. But yet if someone asks us to pay a little more in tax we all lose our collective fucking minds. I mean downright lose our fucking minds. Which isn't, by the way, an impassioned plea on my part for all of us to be okay with paying more in tax. We should probably pay much less and have a more efficient investment focused government. But the fact that we don't lose our collective fucking minds over the cell phone manipulation of our minds is downright hilarious, especially when a lot of these folks claim to be "woke" in the sense that they are afraid of tyrannical manipulative governments. But yet as I'm writing this post some of you have searched for fishing gear or told your wife in front of Alexa that you need a new shirt and now when you're scrolling through Facebook you're inundated with one sided political posts and ads for the very same items which you will eventually buy. And don't tell me that isn't true because if it wasn't Facebook would not be a public company and these companies would not pay Facebook for your eye balls.

I find it very comical that people quote George Orwell and talk about group think here when it's definitely occurring on all political sides right now, and it's mostly driven by social media. And yes - your virtue signaling and done-know-it-all attitude doesn't change the fact that American conservatives fall victim to this too even if you're first knee jerk reaction is to dismiss my claims because the knowledge you deal with is "righteous" and true. You're being brainwashed just like the rest of us bitching about brainwashing. Case in point, I've talked about taxation and vaccines in this post. The fact that I have not completely condemned them will make a lot of you automatically assume that I'm a baby killing trojan horse communist hell bent on infiltrating these forums and selling your daughters for some Epstein-eque satanic cult involving Hillary Clinton and the Hansen Twins. And let me state again - if this forum was more left leaning I'd be selling the same shit in a different way to those ignorant bunch of hippies.

The other day a guy at the gym I own walked up to me and said "I get paid by my insurance to come to the gym." I've never provided any info to his insurance provider regarding his visits. His insurance company made him download an app and it tracks where he goes at all times. This poor smuck was okay with these strangers tracking his every move. And so are you, but if some public health official wants you to be vaccinated you lose your collective fucking minds. Now again - I'm very very adamant against the use of vaccines because I think heart disease is the heart of the issue here. But I think it's comical people lose their minds over this vaccine stuff but have spent the better part of 10 years not giving a single shit about the background manipulation and tracking that occurs with social media and cell phones. I mean hell - even if you want to contend that you only use the internet for these forums, you're still be tracked by private and public entities.

Here's the cool thing if I'm Facebook or Apple or Amazon or anyone that stands to make a buck from manipulating you. Get pissed about vaccines and the government and what have you all the while forgetting that I'm the one that's actually doing the most damage to you.
    Yawn.

Cry harder.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post

Leaving the end of times aside for a moment, I got a question regarding the army enforcement of Covid rules in Australia. This one strikes me as odd, don't Anglosphere countries have some kind of legal prohibition for the army doing police work? Ok, the soldiers are unarmed and their involvement was requested by the government, but isn't there some kind of legal dispute going on there?

A-

Make your point and get out quick.

starting strength coach development program

Too long; Didn’t read.