starting strength gym
Page 1501 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 50110011401145114911499150015011502150315111551160120012501 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,010 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    The narrative that the Taliban won in Afghanistan is ridiculous. They "won" for two reasons: 1) George Bush hauled back on the reins in the 2000s and 2) They could come and go from Pakistan as they pleased. The "graveyard of armies" thing is bullshit for modern technology and logistics chains. In fact, Afghanistan was almost entirely taken through the efforts of the Special Forces and the Coalition of Northern Tribes.

The government of Afghanistan was never going to last because Afghans aren't, by and large, worth a shit. Sure, there are some dedicated and talented individuals, but centuries of war, poverty and tyranny did a lot to kill as many of them off as possible and suppress the development of the population as a whole. Just look up statistics on how important proper nutrition is to a child's mental and physical development. We should've fed them and taught them for 20 years. We've have two whole generations with another on deck of smarter, stronger and more informed Afghans.

But we just muddled around.
    I was hoping you'd weigh in on that.
    When I was a kid, my mom worked for the VA and I spent many an afternoon up there listening to as many war stories as the guys would tell. I've always thought we didn't belong in Vietnam or Afghanistan but we could have won both had we just left the military alone to do what it does. It was politicians who lost those wars not the military.

In an amazing development, the DHS is worried about an increased terror threat level: National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin - August 13, 2021 | Homeland Security

Even more amazing is that the Party media and that piece of shit Andrew McCabe are accusing Donald Trump of ... Jesus, just read it: Andrew McCabe Says That Asking Who Shot Ashli Babbitt is a Terrorist Threat, by Andrew Anglin - The Unz Review

Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe on Thursday blasted former President Donald Trump for “threatening law enforcement” in calling for “justice” against the Capitol Police officer who killed insurrectionist Ashli Babbitt on January 6.

During an appearance on CNN’s “The Situation Room,” McCabe told anchor Jim Acosta that Trump’s comments regarding the Capitol Police were “incredibly dangerous.”

“We know this for a fact. It is not something we are theorizing about,” he said. “We have seen before the impact that the president’s words have on his most die-hard and emotional supporters.”

He added: “We have seen an attempted bombing plot by a domestic extremist who was arrested some years ago who said he was following the directions of President Trump. We all saw the insurrectionists on January 6th acting what many of them had said, they thought they were following his direction.”

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I don't believe so as Military have been used before in civil emergencies, they only questionin this case. Arrests and fines are still applied by the police. Funny thing about lockdowns they leave enough loopholes so that folk can continue to spread the fun outside the quarantine area which then requires a greater and tougher lockdown, or am I being cynical?
    The military has been used all over the place, but for stuff like erecting unnecessary field hospitals and stuff, not for police work. I can kind of see this as a public health emergency thing. The military policing the restrictions on movement is on shaky ground for sure. The question is moot though, I don’t see anyone actually challenging the government in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I've read Art of War so many times it doesn't even go back on the bookshelf any more. It sits on my desk under the Havamal. I also read the part about how a smart general will divide the enemy army and I think you have it backwards. If the rest of you give in to your emotions, your fear, and don't man up there won't be anything that people like me and David can do for you. If you are stupid enough to think the enemy can be fought at ground level there is nothing we can do for you. Know yourself and your enemy and you won't have to fear the battle to come.
    Perhaps you should get some help comprehending some very important parts of it, then?

The original poster was looking for some ideas on ways to deal with vaccine requirements. I was, in jest actually, proposing an idea, which perhaps isn't a bad one for some personal scenarios.

It's really easy behind a keyboard to rally the troops to fight vaccine tyranny, but how about actually doing it? It reminds me of the guys that were all gung-ho about going into to combat, but then when the bullets start flying, what happens? They freeze. They call out for mommy. They make mistakes. Have you actually risked your life, limb, livelihood to resist vaccine (or mask) mandates? Tell us your story... Otherwise, I don't think you have much to stand on to lead the charge of resistance. Show us what you got.... and perhaps we'll follow.

The government of Afghanistan was never going to last because Afghans aren't, by and large, worth a shit.

But we just muddled around.
    It seems like the US gave the ANA everything they could to give them a chance to give freedom to their people, but the ANA had no will to fight. Privates that couldn't read nor write, leaders that were basically corrupt and getting rich, etc, the whole thing was going to collapse without US support or some clever strategy.

Trump obviously knew this, and in a recent interview or speech (I forgot which), said that he called the Taliban leaders and said that if they didn't behave when the US pulled out, he was going to kill them, their family, and their close associates. Soleimani set the example for this. Apparently, this threat didn't transfer over to the Biden administration, and the US now has yet another Biden clusterfuck. But, hey, when you can fix elections and media, why does it matter?

Incidentally, with Biden, we've seen high gas prices, a covid surge (real or not), Taliban takeover, border crisis, etc, and yet not a single media attack on Biden for the blame, unlike Trump. Funny how stupid and easily manipulated people are. How are those Biden voters feeling right now? Oh, they got the "mean tweeter" out of office, so all is good, and they like paying $5 per gallon for gas.

Cureus | Prophylactic Role of Ivermectin in Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Infection Among Healthcare Workers
    Results: Of 3892 employees, 3532 (90.8%) participated in the study. The ivermectin uptake was 62.5% and 5.3% for two doses and single dose, respectively. Participants who took ivermectin prophylaxis had a lower risk of getting symptoms suggestive of SARS-CoV-2 infection (6% vs 15%). HCWs who had taken two doses of oral ivermectin had a significantly lower risk of contracting COVID-19 infection.
    photo_2021-08-16 11.20.52.jpg
    Prime time Israeli news
    Translation:
    “Ticking Bomb”
    “80% of vaccinated don’t infect at all”
    “10% of unvaccinated infect ~20 people in every encounter”

Have these figures been verified because that's not what the CDC said. Israeli media is simply spewing shit from their mouths. and much of the public believes these blatant outright lies!

Revolver Exclusive: Navy Commander Warns of National Security Threat from Mandatory Vaccination - Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    A Covid death. Evil bastards.
    Meningitis killed the Covid.

When I was a kid, my mom worked for the VA and I spent many an afternoon up there listening to as many war stories as the guys would tell. I've always thought we didn't belong in Vietnam or Afghanistan but we could have won both had we just left the military alone to do what it does. It was politicians who lost those wars not the military.
    Define a "victory" in Afghanistan for the American people, in a war which they shouldn't have been involved in. What amount of globalism and "liberal democracy" would count as a win?

How many millions more Afghanis would need to be slaughtered to achieve this? How many McDonald's would need to be built? How millions of wasted tax dollars would do it?

When the US fights wars like this, it wins until the very end - until it loses. Which is what just happened.

Yep. I went to Iraq in 2004, 2005, and 2006 (lovely country, if you ignore the beheadings and suicide bombs). I feel I should note I was never in any sort of combat role, but it was pretty damn apparent what was going on. I’ll never forget the concrete barriers they erected to protect our housing structures from mortar attacks. They were probably 10-12 feet tall, and maybe 8-10 feet wide. Hundreds of thousands of these things. Every one of them, as well as every piece of innocuous material on the base had “KBR” stamped on it. They were the primary defense contractor back then.

At 23 years old I figured out what I was doing over there and that the need for our lengthy presence was 100% about money. It really sucks when you’re proud of what you’re doing, and you then find out you’re just a puppet for someone else’s wallet. I suspect/hope there are a lot of kids right now realizing their valiant efforts at “stopping COVID” have the same underlying use case.

This whole Afghanistan debacle is Vietnam and the Iranian hostage crisis rolled into one. It comes to something when Biden makes Carter look competent. Yet the Sheeple keep voting for these clowns.