starting strength gym
Page 1504 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 50410041404145414941502150315041505150615141554160420042504 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,040 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    If one employs your tactic of blending in then at what point do you draw the line? If the people who know this bullshit is bullshit don't refuse but instead appear to comply at what point does the appearance end and actual compliance start? At what point do ya'll plan to make your disagreement known?
    https://media.patriots.win/post/n89b7uXB.jpeg

This has been going around today.

Whether you like the style of music or not, Lukas Lion is awake.

Pity the super rich so-called rock stars are mostly asleep.

Or just cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    In case this gets "lost":

I'm in a senior position at a Fortune 500 company, and I can tell you that leadership is highly, highly stressed about the number of people refusing mandatory vaccinations. They are currently betting that employees will blink before management, but if the unvaccinated employees stand firm in their convictions, this company will be fucked. If the company follows through on its threats and fires all unvaccinated employees, the company will be decimated and will not be able to function.

Don't give up, don't give in. There are more of us than there are of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post
    This is the concept I've been attempting to express to my family and friends, unfortunately with no great success. Polite compliance may lead to the total loss of our freedom. The authoritarian left knows this and uses our fear of conflict against us. The slippery slope is not always a fallacy.

Stand your ground, voice your opinion, and force those in disagreement to to explain their positions. They, too, fear conflict, but they've become accustomed to bullying the agreeable and polite with little or no pushback.
    I think some people misunderstand how far some of us less domesticated folks have already bent to remain peaceful. I handle a lot of the indignities of modern life because I want nothing more than to live in peace and freedom. I want to grow old with my remaining dog at my feet, sitting on the porch sipping whiskey with my biggest problem being finding my 10mm socket. (Again.)
    But the fuckers keep pushing me.
    We've stayed peaceful through so much. Maybe that was a mistake. They constantly demand that we become more and more domesticated and compliant. They have confused harmlessness and peacefulness. I'm not harmless, I'm peaceful. It's a choice. I don't want to have to draw a line. None of us do. None of us want what could possibly come when we push back. But this is something going into your body, into your kids' bodies, that could affect your health for decades to come- (for the benefit of the politicians and pharmaceutical industry no less!) This is not heroism. This is doing the minimum towards preserving some semblance of freedom for ourselves and those who come after us. If we can't do that, what the fuck good are we?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    https://media.patriots.win/post/n89b7uXB.jpeg

This has been going around today.
    That is exactly what we want! And playing along won't get us there. I don't doubt the truth of the quote for one minute because I know retail owners having the same conversations. Especially because the black folks around here (a majority in Jackson) are justifiably untrusting of the government when it comes to medical stuff. We just gotta have some backbone and embrace the suck for just a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    How do you conduct that type of operation in a country like Afghanistan? How do you annihilate them there? It's big, mountainous... So tons of places to adequately hide (right?). They don't need high tech, so taking that out wouldn't be effective at all.

What should the approach have been?
    We should have been allowed to do the job everywhere as soon as we were done in Afghanistan and Iraq. And not sidelined for fifteen plus years for "rebuilding."

Nailed: The Scale of Humiliation :: SteynOnline

But don't worry, the world's most lavishly over-funded "intelligence community" is on the case:

Kabul Could Fall To The Taliban Within 90 Days, U.S. Intelligence Warns

Thank you, geniuses. That was Thursday. So it turned out to be well within ninety hours - which is close enough for US intelligence work.

Was this the same "seventeen intelligence agencies" who all agreed Russia had meddled in the 2016 election - and with whose collective intelligence only a fool would disagree?

Or perhaps it was only one intelligence agency - most likely the crack agents of the highly specialized Federal Unitary Central Kabul Western Intelligence Tracking Service.

To modify Hillary Clinton, what difference at this point would it make if the US government simply laid off its entire "intelligence community"?

Indeed, what difference would it make if it closed down its military? Obviously, it would present a few mid-life challenges for its corrupt Pentagon bureaucracy, since that many generals on the market for defense lobbyist gigs and board directorships all at once would likely depress the going rate. But, other than that, a military that accounts for 40 per cent of the planet's military spending can't perform either of the functions for which one has an army: it can't defeat overseas enemies, and it's not permitted to defend the country, as we see on the Rio Grande.

So what's the point?

Oh, oh, but, if a nation doesn't have an army to defend it, a quarter-of-a-million foreign invaders could just walk into the country with impunity every month!

The scale of America's global humiliation is so total that I see my friends at Fox News cannot even bear to cover it. As I write, every other world network - the BBC, Deutsche Welle, France 24, not to mention the Chinese - is broadcasting the collapse of the American regime in real time; on Fox, meanwhile, they're talking about the spending bill and the third Covid shot and the dead Haitians ...as if the totality of the defeat is such that for once it cannot be fixed into the American right's usual consolations ("well, this positions us pretty nicely for 2022").
    I was on a panel with the great Bernard Lewis a couple of years ago - actually six or seven years ago - and Bernard said that the danger here is that America risks being seen as harmless as an enemy, and treacherous as a friend... It's a very dangerous lesson to teach the planet.

"Harmless as an enemy, and treacherous as a friend": a devastating indictment, and entirely correct.

Our military, though fraught with problems, is not incapable. On our worst day we are still more capable than our best adversary. That may not be true forever, but it is today. Just in the same way that we could have a tremendous economy and generate more wealth through industry than ever before seen. We could take to the stars within a generation.

Who is responsible for why we aren't doing the possible? That's the question everyone is ultimately grappling with. I suspect we're beginning to understand, though, if only partially.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Our military, though fraught with problems, is not incapable. On our worst day we are still more capable than our best adversary.
    That may be put to the test very soon.

Wade Miller USMC
    In case anyone is wondering how what is happening in Afghanistan is possible… in May of this year, SecDef Lloyd Austin identified climate change as the #1 issue facing the military. #2 was countering violent extremists in the military. #3 was team work with allies and agencies.
    12:26 PM · Aug 16, 2021

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That may be put to the test very soon.
    I don't doubt it, Rip. Thanks to this shit show... probably sooner rather than later. But the military has an illustrious history of saying "Yes, sir!" to instructions on orders only to completely disregard them and do it the right way. I was trained in this by some of my NCOs and SNCOs when I was just a Lance Corporal.

I only wonder at the delta between the casualties we will take and what should have been.