starting strength gym
Page 1517 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 51710171417146715071515151615171518151915271567161720172517 ... LastLast
Results 15,161 to 15,170 of 30234

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Commenting on the findings, the University of East Anglia’s Paul Hunter noted, “There is now quite a lot of evidence that all vaccines are much better at reducing the risk of severe disease than they are at reducing the risk from infection. We now know that vaccination will not stop infection and transmission, [but it does] reduce the risk. The main value of immunisation is in reducing the risk of severe disease and death.”
    And what, exactly, is the risk of severe disease and death anyway?

Why can we not find a better way to prime the minds of those lacking in critical thought? They lack the capacity for critical thought to begin with, so it must be taught in a manner that they can understand. In other words, an emotional appeal must be made to convince these emotional people, and trigger the process of critical thought. But instead of trying to persuade emotional people with an emotional appeal, we tend to try to point out hypocrisy, or provide statistics, or whatever other logic based approach that gets taken. Those efforts rarely pan out.

The government comment was just an observation, not really relevant to the conversation, but something I found interesting none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by gregherman115@yahoo.com View Post
    Why can we not find a better way to prime the minds of those lacking in critical thought? They lack the capacity for critical thought to begin with, so it must be taught in a manner that they can understand. In other words, an emotional appeal must be made to convince these emotional people, and trigger the process of critical thought. But instead of trying to persuade emotional people with an emotional appeal, we tend to try to point out hypocrisy, or provide statistics, or whatever other logic based approach that gets taken. Those efforts rarely pan out.
    You don't seem to understand what has happened. Most people lack critical thinking skills, and most people are risk-averse, and the government/Party media has exploited this by making them afraid of a disease that is no more likely to kill them than the flu they had a couple of years ago. They are now afraid. How do you plan on framing an emotional appeal to make them brave, when they never were?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Easy enough to provide the data for the number of people killed by ivermectin. That, however, was not included in this propaganda. More:

Mississippi Poison Control Calls Rise As Anti-Vaxxers Take Livestock Dewormers to Treat, Prevent COVID-19

The Food and Drug Administration has not approved ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment.

Livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin are highly toxic in humans.

Ivermectin may cause symptoms such as rashes, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
    The first statement is irrelevant, since FDA approval is not necessary for the use of a drug that the FDA has already approved. The second statement is a bald-faced lie. The third statement is true of overdoses of many commonly prescribed drugs, and that's why instructions are provided with prescriptions.

Last paragraph:
    No hospitalizations due to ivermectin toxicity have been directly reported to the Mississippi Poison Control Center or the Mississippi State Department of Health, according to the alert.
    Nobody makes it to the last paragraph, especially when the first paragraph is so scary. They are fighting hard to stay in control, by maintaining the fear.

Quote Originally Posted by gregherman115@yahoo.com View Post
    You do have a point. I find in most cases, people don't really have the headspace to hear facts and statistics. I have found in a couple of circumstances that if I say to someone "listen to your intuition" "what does the depth of your heart say to you" when being confronted with our basic liberties and rights being stripped away from us. Sometimes that type of talk has an effect.
    Regardless, being up to date with the facts is still important because you do not know who you will influence. You might actually get through to someone who has leverage and can use these resources for the greater good. Also if you have children, they need to know the facts and the truth when they ask you questions.

I am well aware of the events of the last two years. I don't have the exact solution, I am just suggesting a shift of focus on the tactics. You can't make someone brave, thats not what I suggested. At this point, people have chosen sides and made up their minds on this issue, so focusing on the issue of covid is no longer productive. But the goal posts are always moving, this will not be the last issue that will deprive us of a normal existence, but if you want to beat it when it arrives, I think rationalizing with irrational people AGAIN is an irrational reaction.

Irrational people are not the problem here. We've always been surrounded by them, and they can be useful. The problem here are the sociopaths who are running the scam. It will become necessary to eliminate them. And I think "normal existence" is over.

I agree with you. I am an advocate of the truth. I value facts. But when your neighbor is responsible for your rights, and they keep pissing them away, perhaps its wise to whisper the truth and shout the things that change your neighbors mind.

Like what, Greg? "Wise up, you fucking moron!" Or "Freedom is so very precious, don't throw it away for Safety." How do I change his tiny little scared mind?

starting strength coach development program
    You never know the effect of what your rational thoughts can affect on others. Anna Brees has gathered several BBC whistleblowers because of her courage. EX-BBC JOURNALIST WEIGHS IN | The HighWire and slowly more people are starting to wake up.