starting strength gym
Page 1523 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 52310231423147315131521152215231524152515331573162320232523 ... LastLast
Results 15,221 to 15,230 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And for wal, the Australia Update:
    The dogs are not "rescue" dogs that is dogs that rescue people, but dogs that are abandoned or feral. They should shoot the feral cats as well . Some local councils are responsible for the control of feral animals and there are a feral dogs in those outback places which kill stock. Sidney BTW is spelt Sydney.

Wild dog fence, the longest fence in the world.

Wild dog simply bulldozes under fence designed to stop it | The Land | NSW

The only difference now we are included in the New South Wales covid fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.72 View Post
    A union within the union?

I think we have enough unions, especially in the 3rd world nation of California! Most would say that is part of the problem...
    Then get the useless bastards to work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The dogs are not "rescue" dogs that is dogs that rescue people, but dogs that are abandoned or feral. They should shoot the feral cats as well . Some local councils are responsible for the control of feral animals and there are a feral dogs in those outback places which kill stock.
    I'm not so much concerned about the dogs themselves as I am the reason these people are killing them. Sometimes animals have to be killed, and I've done my share of that. But your country is completely irrational now, if they are still pretending this is about a virus.

I applaud Mississippi for disincentivizing COVID testing.

Smartest thing they could have done. Should have done it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Walking isn't going to help. Gotta ride them right up to the line and see if they actually pull the trigger and fire people en masse. I believe our disadvantage is purely psychological. We have at least a solid 20-40%, even in the bluest districts. They can't absorb that kind of loss. We could easily pull this off if we could just muster the morale. Morale is the key to this conflict.

Morale is why Rand Paul's civil disobedience speech was so quickly censored. He made us think we could do it. A sitting US Senator saying "they can't arrest us all" is powerful. We don't need huge numbers. We're up against a bunch of spiritually and physically weak wizards who would crumble like dust if their spells began to fail.

Forget about elections. The question of the vaccine is your vote for a national divorce. We've NEVER had the leverage we have right at this moment. We're holding a nuclear bomb. We could burn their plans to the ground, if only we fucking used it.

This is a very powerful little statement here...really makes me think. You are so right about the weak wizards in power, damn it's so pathetic that those fucktards are the ones in charge.

At this point, I am holding out...how that turns out...I don't know. It's very easy to say I will allow myself to get terminated, but the reality is much different. However, I have put myself in a scenario that I could go without pay for 8 months...which would put me at retirement age and pension payments...so...who knows. And the very latest...today...is that they are not going to terminate, just make us go "without pay," unpaid leave until...until what? I don't know...

Like I said earlier, easy when I don't have 25 years to go...or even 5 years to go. But you are correct in that if everyone told them to fuck off, they would fold. They aren't going to close the fire department...not in this city. We know it, they know it....yet...

2+2=5....Orwell was a prophet....

I'll just move to Georgia and sling coffee at Black Rifle Coffee, be a barista...sounds amazing! I am not kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Then get the useless bastards to work on this.

I'm not so much concerned about the dogs themselves as I am the reason these people are killing them. Sometimes animals have to be killed, and I've done my share of that. But your country is completely irrational now, if they are still pretending this is about a virus.
    Mark dogs that end up in these shelters are either strays, feral or abandoned like "Cuomo's "Captain", people get dogs, big dogs and put them in small yards and when they become a nuisance they either let them loose (and some breed with wild dogs) or give them to the shelter to deal with it and those animals if they are not "rescued" are killed and that has been going on for a long time, before covid, it is a sad sad situation these days, but some folk are have no idea about the care and welfare of animals and let someone else deal with the problem. Using covid as an excuse to kill animals is unfortunate, it will cost them at the next local government election.

Mark politicians are the same everywhere and irrational decisions are made every day by them and not only about Covid, we live in a irrational world.

Australian Truckers Warn Citizens to Stock Up on Food as They Prepare to Take Over the Country

It the Aussies pull this off, we might actually win this world war.

Had a random thought about the covid vaccines today - is there any life-saving drug out there, for cancer, HIV/AIDS, dementia, alzheimers, ALS, etc... that requires a worldwide marketing campaign along with government coercion in order to get people to take it?

If we were in medieval Europe and there was a known drug to prevent the spread of the bubonic plague, do you think you'd need to convince people to take it?

It's weird that the media claims that we're in the throes of a pandemic, yet demand for a vaccine is almost completely externally driven.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The dogs are not "rescue" dogs that is dogs that rescue people, but dogs that are abandoned or feral. They should shoot the feral cats as well . Some local councils are responsible for the control of feral animals and there are a feral dogs in those outback places which kill stock. Sidney BTW is spelt Sydney.

Wild dog fence, the longest fence in the world.

Wild dog simply bulldozes under fence designed to stop it | The Land | NSW

The only difference now we are included in the New South Wales covid fence.
    The line between culling dogs and culling people due to health emergencies is surprisingly blurry.