starting strength gym
Page 1536 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 53610361436148615261534153515361537153815461586163620362536 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,360 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200cc View Post
    Hopefully, this doctor already knows their sheriff, if not, they need to call him up asap and find out if the sheriff will protect his rights from being trampled by the state. If the sheriff protects him, it could be the start of the end to the illegal licensure racket that all of the different states foist on the people. Oh how I hope that day occurs, please, somewhere anywhere. Any sheriffs on this board?
    I hate to tell you this, but Walmart owns that part of the state. So does UofA's main campus.

This is so goddamn frustrating: Has Delta killed the herd immunity dream?

The facts: Leading From Fear | Points and Figures

http://pointsandfigures.com/wp-conte...35153219_n.jpg

But whether or not it is achievable with COVID-19, with the regular emergence of more infectious strains, is up for debate.

"If the question is 'will vaccination alone allow us to dampen and control the pandemic?' the answer is: no," epidemiologist Mircea Sofonea told AFP.

He said herd immunity hinged on two basic factors.

"That's the intrinsic infectiousness of the virus and the efficacy of vaccines to protect against infection. And at the moment, that efficacy isn't there."
    It is as though logic and numeracy have become illegal.

And we may not like it but, interms of accomplishing his own agenda, Obama was the most effective President we've ever had. He completely transformed the military:

EXCLUSIVE: Active Duty, Retired Naval Intelligence Members Told They Cannot ‘Disrespect’ Biden Over Afghanistan Debacle | The Daily Wire

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

It is as though logic and numeracy have become illegal.
    Sorry if this repetitive. It’s important for me to understand things rationally.

What is the motive of this insane and destructive response? And, how has the response been orchestrated?

There is a lot of general talk of goals of total control, submission, wealth, evil, etc. That these things are happening is undeniable. But it doesn’t answer who and why.

The best rational, coherent, and defensible explanation I can entertain comes from the fact that the risk is highly skewed towards age, particularly age compounded with preexisting conditions.

While an age and health based response would have been appropriate, it would have been highly discriminatory.

Thus the “who” is us and the “why” is decades of increasing political correctness.

Regardless of the origin, which is a very different who and why, the profiteering, control, panic, suffering, brother vs brother, are consequences, not an executed design.

Anyone disagree ?

He (they) doesn't understand how many people he's pissing off with this: Biden cancels student loan debt for 115,000 borrowers who attended ITT Tech… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Cook County judge strips mother of parental rights over vaccination status
    "That’s the day Firlit appeared in court via Zoom along with her ex-husband for a child support hearing involving their 11-year-old son. The two have been divorced for seven years and share custody and parenting time. She says out of the blue, Cook County Judge James Shapiro asked her whether she had been vaccinated. Firlit told Shapiro she had not because she has had bad reactions to vaccines in the past. Shapiro then ordered that Firlit be stripped of all parenting time with her son until she gets vaccinated."

This kind of shit is gonna go so bad so fast.
    These pampered smug shits that make it to the bench rarely have an actual clue what the DHS system looks like. You don't fucking remove a child for something like that. This kid may have a dad to go to but what about the next child? How many families does this turd break up? What about others like him? Is this the precedent now? We like to think of foster parents as people who care but any former foster child can tell you there's a large number of them in it for the check. The legal costs for families, the trauma.

Also, I mused early on about the fate of those of us who have bad reactions to vaccines. After my boosters at 16 I had a seizure. I tell docs that when they inquire about whatever vaccine and they say "oh, well let's not do that." Never had a flu shot, got the flu one time in all these years. Yeah, it was a week of suck, but you know. Once in over 20 years ain't bad. Some of us legit cannot handle the vaccines. Are we second class citizens now? How bout cutting our taxes in half then?

@Barry, it depends on how far-out you want to get. Maybe covid was a natural disaster that certain people took advantage of to get rid of Trump, crash the economy, and create more government-dependent state subjects. But then you look into Event 201, how involved Gates was, Fauci's ties to the Wuhan lab, the transfers of wealth as a result of the lockdowns, Klaus Schwab's "Great Reset", etc... and perhaps this was not as much of an unplanned catastrophe as we think.

Regardless of whether covid occured naturally or as the result of a not-so-accidental lab leak, it's clear that a certain agenda is being rolled out, and that agenda has nothing at all to do with science, facts, reason, or public health.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    But what is freedom anyway?
    It is easy to get metaphysical on this one, but it is easy enough to keep it simple. Freedom is the ability to walk ten miles outside of your house without getting arrested and fined. There is no need to look at America, China is much closer to you and they enjoy freedoms like the one mentioned.

@Barry - the whole mess seems easy to explain. Historically, when the politician-banker cartel (local, national, supernational) would run out of funds due to mismanagement of resources, the balance would get reinstated by warfare. For various reasons, modern wars have become more trouble than they are worth, so a synthetic crisis like a trumped up (see what I did there) virus threat is the logical substitute for this. The rest is just diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post

Regardless of whether covid occured naturally or as the result of a not-so-accidental lab leak, it's clear that a certain agenda is being rolled out, and that agenda has nothing at all to do with science, facts, reason, or public health.
    Agreed 100%.

Are you suggesting Bill Gates (or Fauci) is the “who”, for the clear purpose of Trump losing is the “why”? This is not an unreasonable assertion, given what has happened. However is there any evidence to support it? How did the entire Western word agree and coordinate?
    Weekly zoom meetings? Was there any dissent and how was that handled?

On the other hand our long term and establish adoption of political correctness would not permit treating old sick poor people punitively, while allowing the young and healthy to proceed and thrive. Blatant discrimination was not to be tolerated. We were not having concentration camps and proportional expense scales.

These fairness doctrines were solidly in place for many decades and would have worked if disease risk was age, health, and social status blind as the models required. The arguments for natural heard immunity would have undone a 100yrs of equality theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is good. But read the comments.
    I would, but it appears that I need to sign into Facebook, and I'm no longer doing that.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Cook County judge strips mother of parental rights over vaccination status
    "That’s the day Firlit appeared in court via Zoom along with her ex-husband for a child support hearing involving their 11-year-old son. The two have been divorced for seven years and share custody and parenting time. She says out of the blue, Cook County Judge James Shapiro asked her whether she had been vaccinated. Firlit told Shapiro she had not because she has had bad reactions to vaccines in the past. Shapiro then ordered that Firlit be stripped of all parenting time with her son until she gets vaccinated."

This kind of shit is gonna go so bad so fast.
    These pampered smug shits that make it to the bench rarely have an actual clue what the DHS system looks like. You don't fucking remove a child for something like that. This kid may have a dad to go to but what about the next child? How many families does this turd break up? What about others like him? Is this the precedent now? We like to think of foster parents as people who care but any former foster child can tell you there's a large number of them in it for the check. The legal costs for families, the trauma.

Also, I mused early on about the fate of those of us who have bad reactions to vaccines. After my boosters at 16 I had a seizure. I tell docs that when they inquire about whatever vaccine and they say "oh, well let's not do that." Never had a flu shot, got the flu one time in all these years. Yeah, it was a week of suck, but you know. Once in over 20 years ain't bad. Some of us legit cannot handle the vaccines. Are we second class citizens now? How bout cutting our taxes in half then?
    Me too. Never had a flu shot. Last time I had the flu I was in high school or shortly after. I'm 55 now. Even if I get the flu again right now as I'm typing this, once every 35 years or so ain't bad. Of course it's impossible to get the flu anyway because, as we know, the normal flu no longer exists. The only virus that currently exists is covid. It even kills people who have heart attacks or who are in plane crashes. It's very versatile.