starting strength gym
Page 1562 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 56210621462151215521560156115621563156415721612166220622562 ... LastLast
Results 15,611 to 15,620 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    One has to be careful about whether the argument is about masks or mask mandates. There is plenty of laboratory data that support the idea that masks should be able to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2. There are even laboratory data that show that masks reduce the amount of virus in exhaled breath of people with SARS-CoV-2 infections. Things get weird when you move out of the lab and into populations. It's far more difficult to find data that suggest that mask mandates have been effective at reducing SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
    It is amazing how many of the responses failed to take this point into account. For the others who responded to my prior posts; I am not arguing over the merits of masks, but rather I am arguing the merits of the linked study.

Quote Originally Posted by Roterhals View Post
    So we get a lecture on debate rules, then he acknowledges all of the previous posts but it’s the people here that are lazy for not spoon feeding him the information that he’s apparently incapable of finding himself. Fuck off.
    Would you care to explain exactly what I was asking to be "spoon fed" to me? A link was lazily posted to an article that was clearly not read. It was obvious that zero critical thinking or rational thought was applied to the context of the article. Mask mandates may in fact be ineffective. But there is a vast difference between saying that masks are not effective in preventing the spread of viruses vs. masks not effective because you are noncompliant. It is simply amazing how this simple point is missed on a forum that routinely states "YNDTP" when their progress stalls on a lift.

One has to be careful about whether the argument is about masks or mask mandates. There is plenty of laboratory data that support the idea that masks should be able to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2. There are even laboratory data that show that masks reduce the amount of virus in exhaled breath of people with SARS-CoV-2 infections. Things get weird when you move out of the lab and into populations. It's far more difficult to find data that suggest that mask mandates have been effective at reducing SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
    Every single lab study I read was absolute garbage. Every lab study holds no merit given the scope of case study data extant showing no efficacy of mask wearing in clinical settings.

There are only two factors external to the individual's immune system: the volume of air in ratio to virion loaded aerosols and the time of exposure. This is obviously reflected in the biosafety levels for labs handling level 3 aerosolized respiratory viruses. Even powered respirators are optional (and likely of no use beyond additional circulation behind face shields so people can breathe better).

The TCID50 remains an order of magnitude between 100-1000 based on current understanding. A single micron diameter aerosol is potentially enough to constitute exposure within the TCID50.

Mask. Don't. Work. And there is AMPLE data which demonstrates this.

Like the one where they showed it blocked transmission from projectile cough-spit in a forward trajectory? I can't imagine a mask that isn't sealed to the face wouldn't result in pathogen scattering off out of the sides of the mask anyway. All that is moot though, because there is no "stopping the spread". It infects and spreads among animal populations. It's not going to fucking go away. COVID is here, life on earth, in many regions is just a tiny bit more dangerous. It's still far less dangerous than it has been in the past.

When the Northridge earthquake hit, we learned from the building damage that a very typical moment-resisting connection detail used in almost all of the small-scale structures failed in a fashion completely unforeseen by the researchers who did the research and developed the code provisions. It turns out that earthquakes are incredibly complicated events where no two seismic events produce forces in exactly the same way. They often do so in a combination of ways, e.g., horizontal and vertical displacement at the same time, torsion, variable frequencies, etc. No one realized that the kind of seismic acceleration imparted by that earthquake would cause the particular failure seen in the field. This was a pretty critical failure, too.

So what did researchers and designers do? They didn’t come up with all kinds of experimental and theoretical gymnastics to explain why it didn’t work in the field. They stopped using that connection.

This is what science, applied science, does; when the laboratory findings don’t in any way match the field-obtained data, you don’t double down. You find out why your lab data is wrong or incomplete or whatever. You certainly don’t say, “well, they must be doing it wrong.”

Yes one does, and one has to be careful when discussing claims regarding the effectiveness of masks in reducing the transmission of Covid. What types of masks? How are they being worn? Does wearing a mask increase opportunity of transmission? The list goes on.

Why do you think it is difficult to find data showing that mask mandates are effective?

It should be prima facie to most everyone by now that masks are being used as a political signaling device primarily, a macabre expression of subservience to multinational corporations, "news" conglomerates, and compromised politicians.

If we were truly in the midst of a global pandemic, people would not be voluntarily immersing themselves into public spaces with only a flimsy cloth mask between their airway and the deadly contagion.

That's the most bewildering thing about mask-wearers - ostensibly they believe that a pandemic is occurring, thus they're wearing a mask, but they're still out buying nonessential snacks in a busy supermarket alongside non-mask-wearers, with only 2mm of cotton cloth as a prophylactic.

The only explanation then is that they know masks don't work, but they wear them anyway as a statement that they lack the capacity for critical thought and defer all personal agency and self-determination to the technocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
    It is amazing how many of the responses failed to take this point into account. For the others who responded to my prior posts; I am not arguing over the merits of masks, but rather I am arguing the merits of the linked study.

Would you care to explain exactly what I was asking to be "spoon fed" to me? A link was lazily posted to an article that was clearly not read. It was obvious that zero critical thinking or rational thought was applied to the context of the article. Mask mandates may in fact be ineffective. But there is a vast difference between saying that masks are not effective in preventing the spread of viruses vs. masks not effective because you are noncompliant. It is simply amazing how this simple point is missed on a forum that routinely states "YNDTP" when their progress stalls on a lift.
    Goddamn George, can you not read? And can you not answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    2. For about the 15th time, let me repeat that I post these links for your information, not because I necessarily agree with everything in them.

3. Are you arguing that masks are effective in stopping the spread of COVID-19?
    __________________________________________________ ___

And Israel keeps teaching us things: A Pandemic of the Vaccinated - Vox Popoli

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    It should be prima facie to most everyone by now that masks are being used as a political signaling device primarily, a macabre expression of subservience to multinational corporations, "news" conglomerates, and compromised politicians.

If we were truly in the midst of a global pandemic, people would not be voluntarily immersing themselves into public spaces with only a flimsy cloth mask between their airway and the deadly contagion.

That's the most bewildering thing about mask-wearers - ostensibly they believe that a pandemic is occurring, thus they're wearing a mask, but they're still out buying nonessential snacks in a busy supermarket alongside non-mask-wearers, with only 2mm of cotton cloth as a prophylactic.

The only explanation then is that they know masks don't work, but they wear them anyway as a statement that they lack the capacity for critical thought and defer all personal agency and self-determination to the technocracy.
    They feel that masks work because they have been taught that feeling is thinking.

The phenomenon is well known: risk compensation.

Has it not occured to ANYONE how odd it is that there has been no mention of a pharmaceutical company developing a traditional (non mRNA) coronavirus vaccine? Might that not at least be a viable alternative with a significant delta to the current vaccines?

In a similar vein, I'd love to see antibody and antigen test data for unvaccinated populations post SARS-COV-2 infection after treatment and recovery with Ivermectin or HCQ based outpatient protocols. My hunch is an equally robust immune response as those who were symptomatic, but had no therapeutic treatments. Provided they aren't immunodeficient for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
    But there is a vast difference between saying that masks are not effective in preventing the spread of viruses vs. masks not effective because you are noncompliant. It is simply amazing how this simple point is missed on a forum that routinely states "YNDTP" when their progress stalls on a lift.
    Non compliance is a huge factor in the fact that masks don't work. Whether you like it or not and even to the most diehard masker the human condition will not allow for the openings of his respiratory system to be muzzled for too long a time. They will pull it down, reveal their nose, go for a drink etc... All so they can breath clearly. It's not natural and the mind will find ways to circumvent the masks blocking of comfortable breathing, be it consciously or subconsciously.

Second Breastfeeding Baby Dies Of Blood Clots And Inflamed Arteries After Mother's Pfizer Shot As Per VAERS | GreatGameIndia
    I have heard rumors here in Israel that this has happened already to several hundred babies. I can not verify however, as this type of information, if true, is very sensored.

How COVID-19 Vaccine Induced Spike Protein Change Cells In Your Heart Disrupting Its Regular Function - GreatGameIndia

NIH Orders $1.67M Study On How COVID-19 Vaccines Affect Menstrual Cycles - GreatGameIndia
    Wouldn't it have made better sense to do these studies before shoving this bullshit into our daughters bodies.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    You don't think they would have tried. The fact is, to reach an overdose toxicity level to the state of death with ivermectin, you need to take such large doses that even innumerate people would notice something fishy is going on.
    You are very right on this one.