starting strength gym
Page 1576 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 57610761476152615661574157515761577157815861626167620762576 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,760 of 30198

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I am interested to see how California turns out. IF both the recall fails and Larry Elder doesn't have sufficient votes, then it will be an obvious fraud. Perhaps not actually fraudulent, but it will still be obvious.
    Surely you don't expect them to let the people of California recall this criminal piece of shit. That would send the wrong message.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Surely you don't expect them to let the people of California recall this criminal piece of shit. That would send the wrong message.
    I'm wondering how far their incompetence goes, though. California has more conservatives than several other states combined. It's especially brazen, lately. I wouldn't be surprised if Cali actually becomes the epicenter for revolution.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled over and went back to sleep, either.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    For those lazy people out there like George Young. It's only 2 and half minutes. It might not be everything but it touches on a few of the major bases.
    The Evidence For Ivermectin And COVID-19
    Since you felt the need to call me out. Please review my previous reply regarding Ivermectin. I literally stated it has some antiviral properties. However, the plasma concentration required for these antiviral properties is very high. Here is a journal article, feel free to jump to the last paragraph if you are unmotivated, but feel free to read the entire thing.

Ivermectin: a systematic review from antiviral effects to COVID-19 complementary regimen | The Journal of Antibiotics

But let's put the fact aside for 1 minute. If Ivermectin is so effective regarding it's antiviral properties as stated in your video and given that it has been around for decades, please name a single virus that is currently being treated with ivermectin. Most of the research done thus far with CV19 is low quality in that the people who were given ivermectin were also given other medications such as remdesivir and dexamethasone and therefore have a lot of cofounding variable making its effective difficult to measure. These studies also lack proper control groups or are limited in size. Yes, it is an avenue worth pursuing regarding treatment and studies are being done. However, it's just not some damn conspiracy that is worth losing you mind over.

And besides, if your stance is that COVID is just the flu or a cold (as many poster on here tend to parrot), why would you need meds anyway to treat it?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
    Wow, way to miss my point entirely. If you minimize the effects of COVID stating it is nothing more than the flu or "a cold", why would there be a need for these treatments. BTW, if you want to tout the survival rate of the virus, perhaps you should also check into how it is being treated in the hospital. The treatment is primarily remdesivir and dexamethasone in addition to antithrombotic medications. HCQ has high potential for toxicity and heart arrhythmias. Ivermectin has shown "some" benefit against viruses in laboratory settings, but at blood levels higher than what are deemed acceptable. Yes, there is a high margin as safety, but acceptable blood levels tend to be in the nanogram range, whereas it's effects on viruses occur in the microgram range. (note these are blood levels I am referring to, not the dose people are taking). Both of these medications have shown limited use, but would still require additional study and are currently nothing more than a hope and a prayer. But who am I to override the medical decision making of a strength coach who would recommend picking up some meds from their local tractor supply store?
    Welcome back, bro!

The treatment is primarily remdesivir and dexamethasone in addition to antithrombotic medications. HCQ has high potential for toxicity and heart arrhythmias. Ivermectin has shown "some" benefit against viruses in laboratory settings, but at blood levels higher than what are deemed acceptable.
    Your facts are a combination of false and misleading and irrelevant.

But who am I to override the medical decision making of a strength coach who would recommend picking up some meds from their local tractor supply store?
    In addition to his broad education, he is rather fond of his pharmacologist, pharmacist, you know.

If Ivermectin is so effective regarding it's antiviral properties as stated in your video and given that it has been around for decades, please name a single virus that is currently being treated with ivermectin.
    SARS-CoV-2.

Most of the research done thus far with CV19 is low quality in that the people who were given ivermectin were also given other medications such as remdesivir and dexamethasone and therefore have a lot of cofounding variable making its effective difficult to measure.
    Willful stupidity or outright lies.

And besides, if your stance is that COVID is just the flu or a cold (as many poster on here tend to parrot), why would you need meds anyway to treat it?
    Most people don't. Finally you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    SARS-CoV-2.

Will stupidity or outright lies.

Most people don't. Finally you are correct.
    I'm not going to do a detailed analysis, but here are the type 5 journal articles that came up after typing "ivermectin covid" into google scholar that have been published since 2021. I am also admitting that I am not reading these in substantial detail. I am certain this is far more work than you have attempted with your responses

Effect of Ivermectin on Time to Resolution of Symptoms Among Adults With Mild COVID-19: A Randomized Clinical Trial | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network

"Among adults with mild COVID-19, a 5-day course of ivermectin, compared with placebo, did not significantly improve the time to resolution of symptoms. The findings do not support the use of ivermectin for treatment of mild COVID-19, although larger trials may be needed to understand the effects of ivermectin on other clinically relevant outcomes."

Cochrane Library

"Based on the current very low‐ to low‐certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID‐19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use of ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID‐19 outside of well‐designed randomized trials."

Ivermectin as a potential drug for treatment of COVID-19: an in-sync review with clinical and computational attributes | SpringerLink

"Certain studies have highlighted the significance of ivermectin in COVID-19; however, it requires evidences from more Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) and dose- response studies to support its use. In silico-based analysis of ivermectin’s molecular interaction specificity using AI and classical mechanics simulation-based methods indicates positive interaction of ivermectin with viral protein targets, which is leading for SARS-CoV 2 N-protein NTD (nucleocapsid protein N-terminal domain)."

Ivermectin as an adjunct treatment for hospitalized adult COVID-19 patients: A randomized multi-center clinical trial Shakhsi Niaee M, Namdar P, Allami A, Zolghadr L, Javadi A, Karampour A, Varnaseri M, Bijani B, Cheraghi F, Naderi Y, Amini F, Karamy

"Ivermectin as an adjunct reduces the rate of mortality, time of low O2 saturation, and duration of hospitalization in adult COVID-19 patients. The improvement of other clinical parameters shows that ivermectin, with a wide margin of safety, had a high therapeutic effect on COVID-19."

but later mentioned this in their conclusion:

"The sample size was not large and the study was limited to the selected hospitals. Studies in areas with a maximum prevalence of COVID-19 and on patients with more diverse conditions such as body mass index over 40, different underlying diseases, or younger patients are needed. Another limitation was that some participants’ disease was confirmed by a chest Image. Without these limitations, a stronger trial study could be carried out. Ongoing studies with larger sample sizes, confirmation of the disease of all participants through PCR, using strategies to enhance the antiviral potency of ivermectin and its combination with other antivirals or higher-dose regimens, and focus on severe COVID-19 cases are recommended."

The effect of early treatment with ivermectin on viral load, symptoms and humoral response in patients with non-severe COVID-19: A pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial - ScienceDirect

"Among patients with non-severe COVID-19 and no risk factors for severe disease receiving a single 400 mcg/kg dose of ivermectin within 72 h of fever or cough onset there was no difference in the proportion of PCR positives. There was however a marked reduction of self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower IgG titers which warrants assessment in larger trials."

Even the studies that did show some benefit, the benefit was marginal at best and the study was underpowered by the authors own admission. Explain to me where I am wrong.

Booster shot
    Breaking:

-
    According to a study released today by a board of international experts, including Marion Gruber, director of the FDA's Office of Vaccines Research and Review, and deputy director Phil Krause, the vaccine boosters actually have a substantial risk to cause myocarditis, inflammation of the heart; and other accute reactions, as well as being totally unnecessary for the average person to have.

This spells trouble for Pfizer-Biotexh who has previously published questionable studies it funded, undercutting its own vaccine in order to push said expensive boosters to people everywhere.
    -
    -
    https://www.thelancet.com/pb-assets/...3621020468.pdf

Explain to me where I am wrong.
    No. You do not command my time. Already shown this to be bullshit. Go away.

starting strength coach development program
    Huge Scandal in Israel - cover up of experiment on 428,000 Israeli babies without informed consent! - YouTube

Just a reminder that this has all happened before...
    (English subtitles are available)