starting strength gym
Page 1578 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 57810781478152815681576157715781579158015881628167820782578 ... LastLast
Results 15,771 to 15,780 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post

Ivermectin as an adjunct treatment for hospitalized adult COVID-19 patients: A randomized multi-center clinical trial Shakhsi Niaee M, Namdar P, Allami A, Zolghadr L, Javadi A, Karampour A, Varnaseri M, Bijani B, Cheraghi F, Naderi Y, Amini F, Karamy

"Ivermectin as an adjunct reduces the rate of mortality, time of low O2 saturation, and duration of hospitalization in adult COVID-19 patients. The improvement of other clinical parameters shows that ivermectin, with a wide margin of safety, had a high therapeutic effect on COVID-19."

but later mentioned this in their conclusion:

"The sample size was not large and the study was limited to the selected hospitals. Studies in areas with a maximum prevalence of COVID-19 and on patients with more diverse conditions such as body mass index over 40, different underlying diseases, or younger patients are needed. Another limitation was that some participants’ disease was confirmed by a chest Image. Without these limitations, a stronger trial study could be carried out. Ongoing studies with larger sample sizes, confirmation of the disease of all participants through PCR, using strategies to enhance the antiviral potency of ivermectin and its combination with other antivirals or higher-dose regimens, and focus on severe COVID-19 cases are recommended."
    lol @ they want people with BMIs OVER 40. Do you have any idea how fat that is?
    An "adjunct treatment" isn't going to fix or save an individual that is so severely broken.
    Nothing does....and especially vaccines when it comes to severe obesity (vax effectiveness goes way down).

As far as the sample size, was n=180.

This study actually shows marked improvement in the Ivermectin arm.

Ivermectin as an adjunct treatment for hospitalized adult COVID-19 patients: A randomized multi-center clinical trial

82% lower mortality with ivermectin. RCT with 180 hospitalized patients showing reduced mortality and hospital stay with ivermectin, with a wide margin of safety. All patients received SOC including low dose HCQ.

risk of death, 81.8% lower, RR 0.18, p = 0.001, treatment 4 of 120 (3.3%), control 11 of 60 (18.3%), All IVM vs. all control.

risk of death, 94.3% lower, RR 0.06, p = 0.01, treatment 0 of 30 (0.0%), control 11 of 60 (18.3%), continuity correction due to zero event, IVM single dose 200mcg/kg vs. all control.

risk of death, 45.5% lower, RR 0.55, p = 0.37, treatment 3 of 30 (10.0%), control 11 of 60 (18.3%), IVM three dose 200mcg/kg vs. all control.

risk of death, 94.3% lower, RR 0.06, p = 0.01, treatment 0 of 30 (0.0%), control 11 of 60 (18.3%), continuity correction due to zero event, IVM single dose 400mcg/kg vs. all control.

risk of death, 81.8% lower, RR 0.18, p = 0.06, treatment 1 of 30 (3.3%), control 11 of 60 (18.3%), IVM three dose 400/200/200mcg/kg vs. all control.

Niaee et al., 11/24/2020, Double Blind Randomized Controlled Trial, Iran, Middle East, peer-reviewed, mean age 56.0, 14 authors, dosage 400μg/kg single dose, dose varies in different groups.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
    I'm not going to do a detailed analysis, but here are the type 5 journal articles that came up after typing "ivermectin covid" into google scholar that have been published since 2021. I am also admitting that I am not reading these in substantial detail. I am certain this is far more work than you have attempted with your responses
    You fucking idiot. My mother was in the hospital over covid for over a week last winter. She called her doctor multiple times before the day she actually ended up in the hospital. You know what they told her to do? Absolutely fucking nothing except "go to the emergency room if you experience breathing issues". Now, you tell me why they wouldn't at the very least try SOMETHING before getting her into a hospital bed. You know placebos work, right, you fucking moron? Even if you had nothing else, why wouldn't you try a placebo early on in the treatment of a novel disease? Most doctors will gladly pump you full of all manner of expensive drugs with side effects far more dangerous than ivermectin without second thought.This is an absolute minimum level of care that you have absolutely no rationalization for denying. Fuck your irrelevant studies and fuck you.

George is the most irritating iteration of Bruno he has come up with so far. He asks questions that have already been answered, we answer them again, and he ignores the answers. He runs a school for trolls in New Jersey, undoubtedly.

__________________________________________________ __

And this is a surprise to absolutely nobody: https://twitter.com/i/status/1437105028494503936

Don’t worry, shortly there will be a new variant discovered that’s much more deadly than even the dreaded delta variant. Doctors worldwide will be screaming about the rotting corpses dumped behind every hospital, as funeral homes can’t even begin to keep up. Even the most hardcore anti-vaxers will beg for the booster immediately as they piss their pants with fear, watching most of their loved ones be buried in mass graves.
    The booster might be dangerous, might even kill you, but it’s the only thing that will end this global pandemic...... except for all the damn un-vaxed who continuously, without mercy spread the COVID to all the poor double vaxed who haven’t got their boosters yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Researchers from Harvard Medical School, Tufts Medical Center, and the Veterans Affairs Healthcare System analyzed nearly 50,000 COVID hospital admissions across the country to see whether each patient required supplemental oxygen or had a blood oxygen level below 94 percent (NIH definition of "severe COVID").

If either of these conditions was met, the authors classified that patient as having moderate to severe disease; otherwise, the case was considered mild or asymptomatic.
    At our place in Colorado (9300 feet) my O2sat is never above 94.

Do you actually have some sort of major ethical issue with that? Or does it just sound wacky because of how pointless it would be in your countries circumstances? It's actually a pretty decent way of detecting the virus in populations that aren't riddled.

It's pretty wacky when the lockdown, mask, vaccine etc conversations steer in the sheeple getting controlled by the man direction. Particularly when you're talking about somewhere like Australia. A country that had eliminated the virus multiple times.

Yes, all the countries that didn't fuck it up are going to have to open up and embrace the Covid. You don't get to be on any sort of podium. Any country with 1st World resources could have eliminated Covid by working together. Teamwork was the only 100% proven cure for Covid. It's probably going to be pretty important when the next, potentially deadlier thing comes along too.

Default Ivermectin

No one in my family is high risk for the COVID, but I thought I might get some ivermectin to keep on hand, just in case. I’m guessing the human stuff is probably hard to get. Is there really any difference between it and the apple flavoured stuff I give my wife’s horses? I’m guessing that you’d scale the dose to your weight? Any info anyone has is appreciated.
    I realize there will be no one on here with any first hand experience, as all the crazy fools who try it quickly die. The damn miracle drug that’s more deadly than Covid.

Smokey, tell us precisely why it is necessary to use draconian measures -- like poking around in the fucking sewer -- to eliminate a disease with a 99.97% survival rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Novax View Post
    No one in my family is high risk for the COVID, but I thought I might get some ivermectin to keep on hand, just in case. I’m guessing the human stuff is probably hard to get. Is there really any difference between it and the apple flavoured stuff I give my wife’s horses? I’m guessing that you’d scale the dose to your weight? Any info anyone has is appreciated.
    I realize there will be no one on here with any first hand experience, as all the crazy fools who try it quickly die. The damn miracle drug that’s more deadly than Covid.
    You'll have to be resourceful. Veterinary ivermectin is not poisonous to humans, dogs, cats, or horses. We love our animals, and we treat them better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    George is the most irritating iteration of Bruno he has come up with so far. He asks questions that have already been answered, we answer them again, and he ignores the answers. He runs a school for trolls in New Jersey, undoubtedly.
    I believe the technical name given for such people are Astroturfers. The internetweb is full of these fuckers!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Do you actually have some sort of major ethical issue with that? Or does it just sound wacky because of how pointless it would be in your countries circumstances? It's actually a pretty decent way of detecting the virus in populations that aren't riddled.

It's pretty wacky when the lockdown, mask, vaccine etc conversations steer in the sheeple getting controlled by the man direction. Particularly when you're talking about somewhere like Australia. A country that had eliminated the virus multiple times.

Yes, all the countries that didn't fuck it up are going to have to open up and embrace the Covid. You don't get to be on any sort of podium. Any country with 1st World resources could have eliminated Covid by working together. Teamwork was the only 100% proven cure for Covid. It's probably going to be pretty important when the next, potentially deadlier thing comes along too.
    I have nothing to say to you, smokey. Communication between eager slaves and free men is not possible.