starting strength gym
Page 1580 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 58010801480153015701578157915801581158215901630168020802580 ... LastLast
Results 15,791 to 15,800 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Body Language: Herd Facts. I like her approach because I think she realizes people need to be de-hypnotized, not bombarded with facts and information.

I found this comment on the video interesting:

I once attended a lecture by a member of the local District Attorney Unit that prosecuted fraud. He said that confidence men loved doctors as marks for three reasons: (1) they thought they were too smart to be fooled; (2) they had a lot of disposable income; and, (3) they were often too embarrassed to report the con.

Quote Originally Posted by Novax View Post
    No one in my family is high risk for the COVID, but I thought I might get some ivermectin to keep on hand, just in case. I’m guessing the human stuff is probably hard to get. Is there really any difference between it and the apple flavoured stuff I give my wife’s horses? I’m guessing that you’d scale the dose to your weight? Any info anyone has is appreciated.
    I realize there will be no one on here with any first hand experience, as all the crazy fools who try it quickly die. The damn miracle drug that’s more deadly than Covid.
    I got the liquid form in a vial. As I was getting ready to purchase it, the guy said: "You know, this isn't for covid." I told him "Nope, it's for my horse." Uh, I've only pet a horse...maybe twice, and rode a horse once when I was 13 and almost fell off.

On the Network page, I'm pretty sure it was discussed how much dose. For me, @ ~210lbs, my dose should be 1.8ml (Stef's math was....0.2mg/kg [10mg per 50kg bodyweight = 1ml of the 1% injectable solution, but taken orally])

I WAS taking topical Ivermectin for Rosacea. Now, I can't get it, and so I take a side/downgrade medication. It only costs my insurance company $1,400 a tube when the generic cream for Ivermectin was $10 a tube without coverage.

Progress is expensive.

I'm also interested to see the amount of votes for recall vs for/against Newsom in the same way it was interesting to see Biden win districts and lose the entire down ballot to Republicans -- almost ubiquitously for contested areas.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I'm also interested to see the amount of votes for recall vs for/against Newsom in the same way it was interesting to see Biden win districts and lose the entire down ballot to Republicans -- almost ubiquitously for contested areas.
    California will not be allowed to recall their governor.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    I don't think that even MLP's supporters in France are really expecting her to be the next President.
    I would not be surprised if in the end France managed to re-elect the incumbent. After all, he's one of those rare politicians who kept his campaign promises; he promised to f**k French people, and f**k them hard, and that's exactly what he did.

IPB
    This just sounds so French.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Drugs are constantly being studied for off-label use. My piggy got sick a couple of years ago so I happen to have gotten quite the schooling on Ivermectin. Turns out the shit shows promise in quite a lot of virus treatments including but not limited to Zika, dengue, yellow fever, West Nile, Hendra, Newcastle (which actually sounds a fuck of a lot like Covid), and equine encephalitis. It's also actively being prescribed for things like rosacea by dermatologists.
    Before all this Covid shit, researchers seemed pretty psyched about the potential for the safe, cheap Ivermectin: Ivermectin: enigmatic multifaceted ?wonder? drug continues to surprise and exceed expectations | The Journal of Antibiotics
    *Over the past decade, the global scientific community have begun to recognize the unmatched value of an extraordinary drug, ivermectin, that originates from a single microbe unearthed from soil in Japan.
    *Ivermectin has also been demonstrated to be a potent broad-spectrum specific inhibitor of importin α/β-mediated nuclear transport and demonstrates antiviral activity against several RNA viruses by blocking the nuclear trafficking of viral proteins.
    *Over the past few years, there have been steadily increasing reports that ivermectin may have varying uses as an anti-cancer agent, as it has been shown to exhibit both anti-cancer and anti-cancer stem cell properties.

I don't know if it treats Covid. I haven't had the shit. But I do know one thing. Not one of the fuckers hollering about "horse paste" can seem to tell me exactly what the downside of letting people try it might be. It's a fuck of a lot safer than most of the drugs people take regularly. It's damn sure been around longer than a lot of them. So unless someone has a heavy load of loa loa worms in them I don't understand why the medical community isn't just handing people the scripts. What? Afraid to give people a taste of controlling their own medical situation? Afraid people will find out there's a cheap treatment for Covid? Or cancers? Or HIV? Educate people, tell them what they need to know (hey, don't take the dose for the 800lb horse) and then sit back and let them control their own bodies- why is this hard? What the fuck is with this need to control every little aspect of people's lives? Some of these people have way too much time on their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    This one^ is funny.
    The invect.group resolved symptoms two days faster (10d) than control (12d).
    But then its funny, they are worried about headaches out to 21 days or something.
    "By day 21, 82% in the ivermectin group and 79% in the placebo group had resolved symptoms. The most common solicited adverse event was headache, reported by 104 patients (52%) given ivermectin and 111 (56%) who received placebo. "
    This anaglous to the Long CovidTM stuff .... where as if you have a headache, anexity, or some throat muscos 8 weeks after infection you have the Long CovidTM.

oh, and here, I found this:

Do you want me to "do" the other studies you cite ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    lol @ they want people with BMIs OVER 40. Do you have any idea how fat that is?
    An "adjunct treatment" isn't going to fix or save an individual that is so severely broken.
    Nothing does....and especially vaccines when it comes to severe obesity (vax effectiveness goes way down).

As far as the sample size, was n=180.

This study actually shows marked improvement in the Ivermectin arm.
    I will try and make this quick by lumping these replies together. First, my stance on Ivermectin is not binary, there are not 2 options of either 1) this definitely works or 2) this definitely doesn't work. If you read what I wrote, I said that Ivermectin has shown some antiviral properties in the past. These antiviral properties have so far been "in vitro" which means they don't see the same effects in animal models as they do in a petri dish. The plasma concentrations required to achieve antiviral properties is very high and their effect is largely limited. Does this mean it should not be studied? Of course not. But at the moment the vast majority of the studies looking at ivermectin and covid have been underpowered and often contain design flaws that make it very difficult to elicit the benefits of Ivermectin on CV19. Pointing out design flaws in the studies I posted was exactly the point. Those posted studies were meant to show that the quality of evidence in either direction regarding whether or not ivermectin is effective or ineffective is weak and needs more carefully controlled studies. So congratulations to those boasting that some of the studies had a positive outcome with ivermectin. Did you think that might have been why I went out of my way to also post the authors self-admitted limitations? My stance is simply, more research needs to be done. I am neither saying there is a benefit or lack of benefit regarding Ivermectin. I just wouldn't prescribe/recommend a medication based on such poor quality information unless you are literally at the hope and prayer stage where doing nothing will likely lead to death. So please, feel free to pick those studies apart. By the authors own admission they are poorly controlled and require more study.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    You fucking idiot. My mother was in the hospital over covid for over a week last winter. She called her doctor multiple times before the day she actually ended up in the hospital. You know what they told her to do? Absolutely fucking nothing except "go to the emergency room if you experience breathing issues". Now, you tell me why they wouldn't at the very least try SOMETHING before getting her into a hospital bed. You know placebos work, right, you fucking moron? Even if you had nothing else, why wouldn't you try a placebo early on in the treatment of a novel disease? Most doctors will gladly pump you full of all manner of expensive drugs with side effects far more dangerous than ivermectin without second thought.This is an absolute minimum level of care that you have absolutely no rationalization for denying. Fuck your irrelevant studies and fuck you.
    I am honestly not certain if this is a joke. I go back in forth between being amused and confused. You do understand what a placebo is and that they have no actual therapeutic benefit, right? Certainly you can review the placebo effect on your own. My only question is why precisely prescribe Ivermectin as a placebo? Why not tell people to take a TUMS, a Tik Tak, or eat a pack of Skittles and tout the therapeutic benefit of these placebos. Imagine what could happen if you told them to take all 3 together and touted their placebo synergistic benefit. You sir have just revolutionized the pharmaceutical industry as a whole. Imagine all the new medications that are now able to come to market after removing the obstacle of research and evidence regarding their efficacy!

The question I have to this board is why do posts like this go completely unnoticed and unchallenged? This is something anyone capable of passing a 5th grade science class could clearly see the flaws in. Are you so entrenched in your side that this seems like a reasonable reply because he agrees with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    California will not be allowed to recall their governor.
    I don't know why people are hanging their hat on Larry. He would likely make an amazing governor provided he wasn't facing a corrupt political apparatus like NJ, DC, or Chicago.

What do people expect of their governor? What of their President? Taking over precincts, school boards, and the like is step one, an people are stepping up.

I only doubt it will happen quickly enough to avert lamp posts and starvation -- if it can be at all. If local, county, and state leaders were wise, they would be planning, extensively, for a national logistics breakdown and a completely inadequate response at the federal level.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Go to ya outback quarantine facility and throw a shrimp on the barbie for me. Ok mate. That's the true blue Aussie way to go. Tip tops the one good on ya mum!
    You have been watching too many reruns of "Crocodile Dundee". There are no "shrimp" in the "outback" except for maybe a few yabbies in the dam. I would rather have a steak anyway.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeYoung View Post
    I will try and make this quick by lumping these replies together. First, my stance on Ivermectin is not binary, there are not 2 options of either 1) this definitely works or 2) this definitely doesn't work. If you read what I wrote, I said that Ivermectin has shown some antiviral properties in the past. These antiviral properties have so far been "in vitro" which means they don't see the same effects in animal models as they do in a petri dish. The plasma concentrations required to achieve antiviral properties is very high and their effect is largely limited. Does this mean it should not be studied? Of course not. But at the moment the vast majority of the studies looking at ivermectin and covid have been underpowered and often contain design flaws that make it very difficult to elicit the benefits of Ivermectin on CV19. Pointing out design flaws in the studies I posted was exactly the point. Those posted studies were meant to show that the quality of evidence in either direction regarding whether or not ivermectin is effective or ineffective is weak and needs more carefully controlled studies. So congratulations to those boasting that some of the studies had a positive outcome with ivermectin. Did you think that might have been why I went out of my way to also post the authors self-admitted limitations? My stance is simply, more research needs to be done. I am neither saying there is a benefit or lack of benefit regarding Ivermectin. I just wouldn't prescribe/recommend a medication based on such poor quality information unless you are literally at the hope and prayer stage where doing nothing will likely lead to death. So please, feel free to pick those studies apart. By the authors own admission they are poorly controlled and require more study.

I am honestly not certain if this is a joke. I go back in forth between being amused and confused. You do understand what a placebo is and that they have no actual therapeutic benefit, right? Certainly you can review the placebo effect on your own. My only question is why precisely prescribe Ivermectin as a placebo? Why not tell people to take a TUMS, a Tik Tak, or eat a pack of Skittles and tout the therapeutic benefit of these placebos. Imagine what could happen if you told them to take all 3 together and touted their placebo synergistic benefit. You sir have just revolutionized the pharmaceutical industry as a whole. Imagine all the new medications that are now able to come to market after removing the obstacle of research and evidence regarding their efficacy!

The question I have to this board is why do posts like this go completely unnoticed and unchallenged? This is something anyone capable of passing a 5th grade science class could clearly see the flaws in. Are you so entrenched in your side that this seems like a reasonable reply because he agrees with you?
    You don't know what you're talking about, Bruno. I've approved your shit because it amuses some of us to see it, but I'm tired of this. Again, go the fuck away.