starting strength gym
Page 1606 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 60611061506155615961604160516061607160816161656170621062606 ... LastLast
Results 16,051 to 16,060 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    10x that number is still better odds than covid.

The covid numbers are inflated bullshit. You don't know what you're talking about.

More importantly, treatment -- done early and correctly -- fixes things pretty well: Once Upon A Time... in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

The covid numbers are inflated bullshit. You don't know what you're talking about.
    And the VAERS numbers are deflated. As the nurses in the Project Veritas video said, it takes thirty minutes to fill one out, and they clearly aren't going to be bothered to do them on their lunch break.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Really? Cuz I'm pretty sure I own more guns and can go further from my home than the Australians. I can also buy cheese, unlike the UK. Unlike Italy, the only green papers I show at the bar are the twenty dollar bills with which I'm paying for my McCallum 18. If you don't see much difference then you live a small life and I can't relate.
    If that's what you call freedom... I'll let you keep the fantasy. What about NY? Cali? Is that still America? They look a lot like the rest of the world. What about taxes? I bet you hate paying those. What about required seat belts on the road? Helmets for motorcycles? Don't tread on me! You all talk about how your guns save you from your government overstepping. The government still oversteps and no one does anything. I mean, the BLM people at least stood up and fought for what they thought was right. The people who fight for concealed carry and claim that's why they do haven't done shit since the pandemic started. Y'all are living a fantasy that will never be real. No state, in your or my lifetime, will secede from the union. If you haven't started a civil war over covid, you won't ever start one. Stop buying the BS.

More importantly, treatment -- done early and correctly -- fixes things pretty well: Once Upon A Time... in [Market-Ticker-Nad]
    The guy sites 1 study with 84 people, from the very beginning of the pandemic, that weren't even tested for whether they had covid, and claims he solved covid. If this is the data you use to refute literally millions of other data points, I think any further discussion would be a lost cause.

But just to respond to the "inflated bullshit" argument. If you are talking about the 90% false positive rate of the covid test, then that is a mistake. If it is 90% false positive, it's worse!

People take a test and for every person who tests positive, 1.6% of them die. If 90% of those are false positives, then it is more likely that the asymptomatic people don't have covid and those with symptoms do. It is further likely that those in hospital on ventilators are the real positives. So a 90% false positive makes covid MORE deadly, not less. Because the total covid cases are a smaller population.

If you are talking about this https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health...092020-508.pdf where it says "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned." Then you are also misreading the data, and I hope it is not on purpose.

Death certificates have multiple causes of death listed. Let's look at one:

[IMG]We will not publish a private individual's death certificate on this website, you fucking moron.[/IMG]

See there are multiple causes of death listed. Which is exactly what the CDC report is tabulating. Did covid cause all the deaths? I don't know. But I know that death from diabetes is studied the same way. They look at death certificates that list diabetes as the only cause, but also look at certificates that show diabetes as one of the causes. Are you saying those who died from a heart attack, that was caused by atherosclerosis, that was caused by diabetes would be "inflating the numbers" for deaths caused by diabetes?

No answers fit in nice neat packages that we can just grok. You actually have to read the data and understand what it is actually saying.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    And the VAERS numbers are deflated. As the nurses in the Project Veritas video said, it takes thirty minutes to fill one out, and they clearly aren't going to be bothered to do them on their lunch break.
    And the estimates from the CDC say that VAERS only catches about 1% of actual adverse events.

Quote Originally Posted by giampierod View Post
    If that's what you call freedom... I'll let you keep the fantasy. What about NY? Cali? Is that still America? They look a lot like the rest of the world. What about taxes? I bet you hate paying those. What about required seat belts on the road? Helmets for motorcycles? Don't tread on me! You all talk about how your guns save you from your government overstepping. The government still oversteps and no one does anything. I mean, the BLM people at least stood up and fought for what they thought was right. The people who fight for concealed carry and claim that's why they do haven't done shit since the pandemic started. Y'all are living a fantasy that will never be real. No state, in your or my lifetime, will secede from the union. If you haven't started a civil war over covid, you won't ever start one. Stop buying the BS.
    You are Canadian. What do you actually know about this that you have not absorbed from CNN and CBS?

The guy sites 1 study with 84 people, from the very beginning of the pandemic, that weren't even tested for whether they had covid, and claims he solved covid. If this is the data you use to refute literally millions of other data points, I think any further discussion would be a lost cause.
    Yeah, probably.

No answers fit in nice neat packages that we can just grok. You actually have to read the data and understand what it is actually saying.
    That's great advice.

You are Canadian. What do you actually know about this that you have not absorbed from CNN and CBS?
    Even 5 years ago when I had cable, I didn't watch CNN. I read the raw data and listen to you week after week bitch and moan about how your country is going to shit in your opinion and how guns and surveillance will protect you. And you don't take any action.

I am in the fucking lions den here arguing with a guy I really respect because he is wrong. I did it in the private forums first, but now I am here in public. I am getting called names on the podcast and in these forums because I actually did my homework and you didn't. I could get doxxed tomorrow by one of your zealots on this forum. I am way more scared of that shit than the US government.

Is goamierpod new or just a reincarnation? The stadium is silent with anticipation…

Dunno. All I know for sure is that I am wrong.

starting strength coach development program
    Dunno. All I know for sure is that I am wrong.
    You challenged me on your podcast today to come here and read for myself. I answered that challenge. You said I was "not so bright", you also have called me a "fucking moron." Maybe I'm not so bright and I am a moron. I study millions of data points and statistics daily as part of my job. Not covid data, but time series data in general.

In my opinion, the story you tell about covid is intentionally ignoring a lot of data that is inconvenient to your story. You dismiss it (CNN, Democrats, California) or just prima facie say it's bullshit. That's a cop out. Your people should be fighting you on this, but they just eat that shit up. Just like the Dems. Blinded by the culture war. "Brain worms" as they used to say when Trump was in office.

And there are people on here who never question what you say. I am not one of those people. Make fun of me all you want. Call me names. I would still shake your hand and thank you for helping me reverse my diabetes. No hard feelings, but jesus you are an asshole.