starting strength gym
Page 1607 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 60711071507155715971605160616071608160916171657170721072607 ... LastLast
Results 16,061 to 16,070 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by giampierod View Post
    I study millions of data points and statistics daily as part of my job. Not covid data, but time series data in general.
    I think we have isolated the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Dunno. All I know for sure is that I am wrong.
    You are always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think we have isolated the problem.
    Ha, that's it. Dismiss it again. Spend a podcast talking about people with broad skills that have an outside perspective... then when those people show up you just throw them to the side without any reason. Well done, you are exactly the same as the people you hate.

Yes, I am.

See there are multiple causes of death listed. Which is exactly what the CDC report is tabulating. Did covid cause all the deaths? I don't know. But I know that death from diabetes is studied the same way. They look at death certificates that list diabetes as the only cause, but also look at certificates that show diabetes as one of the causes. Are you saying those who died from a heart attack, that was caused by atherosclerosis, that was caused by diabetes would be "inflating the numbers" for deaths caused by diabetes?
    If they were locking us in our homes, telling us we can't work, and rolling out a medical caste system over the diabeetus, then yeah, I probably would. You might understand enough about timeseries and statistics to feed yourself, but you are clueless on power, propaganda and public manipulation. I understand quite a bit about time series data myself, as my user name on this forum hints at. But it is completely irrelevant, and I don't even bother looking at the data, because none of this is about the fucking data.

We all know it's bullshit simply by judging proportionality. We don't need any more data than what we get by word of mouth. This isn't difficult at all, and you are overcomplicating it to everyone's detriment. A very common mistake among the average technical professional.

Spend a podcast talking about people with broad skills that have an outside perspective...
    Yes, not you.

For over 5% of these deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned on the death certificate. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 4.0 additional conditions or causes per death.
    COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

I take this to mean that the CDC can only be certain that 5% of all covid deaths were caused by covid. For 95% of the total deaths, the decedent typically had 4 other conditions that could have caused their death. For 95% of deaths covid may have been the only cause, or only a contributing cause, or not a cause at all. To date there are 685k covid deaths, so that means that only 34,250 (5%) of those deaths were covid only deaths. That's actually a pretty low death count for a typical flu season, but we are told there were no flu deaths during covid because of mask mandates (that most people didn't comply with all the time anyway). Whole thing seems fishy to me. We certainly cannot say that 100% of all of the so called covid deaths were deaths caused by covid, so why does the media keep doing that?

Lazygun? That dude was also a numbers man.

starting strength coach development program
    Jack Lawrence, who found fraud in the Elgazzar study, says the
    “lesson of ivermectin” is to make studies publish individual patient data.

His sleuthing was laudable, and the call for open science is agreeable (if banal). I shared his concerns about integrity. But he’s talking about a few thousand rows of data. The "millions of doses" administered against COVID-19 are 99% of the actual dataset. But he is isn’t very interested in that. He describes it as a preventable tragedy because it “usurped other research agendas”.

That is absurd. It’s fine if he doesn’t care to truly chase down the phenomenology of ivermectin. I don’t care either. The core issue is that this country systematically avoids simple, inexpensive, off-the-shelf solutions - as discovered by practitioners - in order to boost corporate profit margins at the public’s expense. Jack, show us all the 2020 American RCTs which were “usurped” by generic drugs - and then explain how remdesivir was funded and subsequently approved.