starting strength gym
Page 1608 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 60811081508155815981606160716081609161016181658170821082608 ... LastLast
Results 16,071 to 16,080 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by giampierod View Post
    Maybe I'm not so bright and I am a moron. I study millions of data points and statistics daily as part of my job. Not covid data, but time series data in general.

I often challenge the people who post here. In your case, I wonder if millions of data points is a lot or a little. Also, what is special about time series?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Jack Lawrence, who found fraud in the Elgazzar study, says the
    “lesson of ivermectin” is to make studies publish individual patient data.

His sleuthing was laudable, and the call for open science is agreeable (if banal). I shared his concerns about integrity. But he’s talking about a few thousand rows of data. The "millions of doses" administered against COVID-19 are 99% of the actual dataset. But he is isn’t very interested in that. He describes it as a preventable tragedy because it “usurped other research agendas”.

That is absurd. It’s fine if he doesn’t care to truly chase down the phenomenology of ivermectin. I don’t care either. The core issue is that this country systematically avoids simple, inexpensive, off-the-shelf solutions - as discovered by practitioners - in order to boost corporate profit margins at the public’s expense. Jack, show us all the 2020 American RCTs which were “usurped” by generic drugs - and then explain how remdesivir was funded and subsequently approved.
    Also hyperbolic. Final sentence of abstract - “consequent potential for patient harm on a global scale”. Because ivermectin was the only drug named in the abstract, which has an exquisite safety profile, we see that author is using the truth to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I often challenge the people who post here. In your case, I wonder if millions of data points is a lot or a little. Also, what is special about time series?
    Time series analysis is often about numbers change and correlating factors. In my case, I run the product strategy and direction for a product that is built for this kind of stuff. The skills I have built for that I have applied to studying the covid data. But after reading some of the responses, I am not sure it was wise for me to bring this up.

I appreciate the honest question and not the immediate dismissal that I am idiot. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If they were locking us in our homes, telling us we can't work, and rolling out a medical caste system over the diabeetus, then yeah, I probably would. You might understand enough about timeseries and statistics to feed yourself, but you are clueless on power, propaganda and public manipulation. I understand quite a bit about time series data myself, as my user name on this forum hints at. But it is completely irrelevant, and I don't even bother looking at the data, because none of this is about the fucking data.

We all know it's bullshit simply by judging proportionality. We don't need any more data than what we get by word of mouth. This isn't difficult at all, and you are overcomplicating it to everyone's detriment. A very common mistake among the average technical professional.
    The reaction to the virus can be wrong and the virus can still be really bad. These two things can be true together. You can't throw away the facts because they deflate your rhetorical power in the overall discussion. It's a much harder thing to fight a real virus with the word freedom. But isn't that the point. Even in the situations where you agree with the reality of the situation you must make a principled stand how to react to that reality. Vaccine mandates are wrong. The unvaccinated are not a threat to the vaccinated. Masks aren't needed in a population that has 86+% of the elligible population vaccinated. We are all going to be exposed to this thing, better to get it out of the way sooner than later. It's time to stop hiding.

I sense low T in the room

I appreciate the honest question and not the immediate dismissal that I am idiot. Thank you.
    Do us a favor and make you point in a concise manner.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Here is a very interesting counterpoint to the threat by the Biden Administration to dishonorably discharge personnel refusing the vaccine: AFFIDAVIT OF LTC. THERESA LONG M.D. IN SUPPORT OF A MOTION FOR A PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION ORDER – Deep Capture

g) That due to the fact that there is no functional myocardial screening currently being conducted, it is my professional opinion that substantial foreseen risks currently exist, which require proper screening of all flight crews.
    h) That, by virtue of their occupations, said flight crews present extraordinary risks to themselves and others given the equipment they operate, munitions carried thereon and areas of operation in close proximity to populated areas.
    i) That, without any current screening procedures in place, including any Aero Message (flight surgeon notice) relating to this demonstrable and identifiable risk, I must and will therefore ground all active flight personnel who received the vaccinations until such time as the causation of these serious systemic health risks can be more fully and adequately assessed.
    j) That, based on the DOD’s own protocols and studies, the only two valuable methodologies to adequately assess this risk are through MRI imaging or cardio biopsy which must be carried-out.
    k) That, in accordance with the foregoing, I hereby recommend to the Secretary of Defense that all pilots, crew and flight personnel in the military service who required hospitalization from injection or received any Covid 19 vaccination be grounded similarly for further dispositive assessment.

The reaction to the virus can be wrong and the virus can still be really bad.
    But we know from the CDC statistics that only 5% of covid deaths (34,250 people) are otherwise healthy people and this is out of a country of 330 million people. So if I am healthy and without any co-morbidities, why should I consider myself so at risk as to take a double-shot of a "vaccine" that has not even had a full year's worth of data analyzed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here is a very interesting counterpoint to the threat by the Biden Administration to dishonorably discharge personnel refusing the vaccine: AFFIDAVIT OF LTC. THERESA LONG M.D. IN SUPPORT OF A MOTION FOR A PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION ORDER – Deep Capture
    That seems entirely reasonable.

The combined effect of the Afghanistan withdrawal and mandatory vaccination is going to do wonders for the next decade of recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    But we know from the CDC statistics that only 5% of covid deaths (34,250 people) are otherwise healthy people and this is out of a country of 330 million people. So if I am healthy and without any co-morbidities, why should I consider myself so at risk as to take a double-shot of a "vaccine" that has not even had a full year's worth of data analyzed?
    CDC Data of Comorbidities with Covid-19
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health...092020-508.pdf

Page 1: "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned."

Last page:

"NOTE: Number of conditions reported in this table are tabulated from deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that
    occurred in that period. [..] Deaths involving more than one condition in conjunction with COVID-19 (e.g., deaths involving
    COVID-19, diabetes and respiratory arrest) were counted in both other conditions. To avoid counting the same death multiple times, the numbers for different
    conditions should not be summed. Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19, coded to ICD–10 code U07.1"

On death certificates it will say something like "Respiratory failure caused by pneumonia caused by Covid-19". When the tabulators come across a certificate like that they will add it to both totals of respiratory failure and pneumonia. There is a lot of people in those buckets of all different ages in this list. You might not walk into it with pre-existing comorbidities, it is reasonable that some may develop them in the course of the disease. Even just random chance would say that it would be non-zero. Now could it also be reasonable, that some people aren't as healthy as they think they are?

And you may be perfectly healthy, but many of us have something that is also listed as a comorbidity. Obesity is based on the dumb BMI number. Probably a lot of people in that category would be considered healthy to most of us. We don't care about abs. The BMI score doesn't care about strength. The hater comments show how people see whether someone else is fat or not. Doctors are no better than the rest of us there. Over 250 lbs, obese for sure.

This is how I think of this data. Happy to hear your thoughts.

starting strength coach development program
    Time series analysis is often about numbers change and correlating factors.
    It also fails to establish causality and you have not once challenged our medical billing, which demonstrates ignorance to the longstanding systemic fraud-by-design that is called our medical billing system.