starting strength gym
Page 1616 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 61611161516156616061614161516161617161816261666171621162616 ... LastLast
Results 16,151 to 16,160 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by giampierod View Post
    Really quick aside on the stay-at-home order. Ontario was not like Australia. If you wanted to go out, you did. Ontario is very spread out and unless you are in the actual city of Toronto or Ottawa, then there aren't enough cops to stop you from doing anything. And there were a lot of gaps in the rules if those mattered to people. But I am still not sure if I am for or against it. When ICUs are becoming overrun it is unclear what the right mitigation is. Queue theory will screw you hard if you run out capacity.
    Jesus, just say "I'm pro lockdown". It should not be so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    We have a banker as prime minister, the worst restrictions in Europe, we're full of debt, we are pushing the vaccination campaign insanely (just heard today a couple people in power talking about the NEED to vaccinate kids).
    You have just described France.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    who was ushered into power in a completely unlawful maneuver, essentially a coup.
    This is both wrong and correct at the same time.

All the steps that lead Draghi to his current position were done according to the Italian Constitution and were perfectly legal. En passant, the same procedure was used in 2011 for Mario Monti, and even further back, when personnel from the Bank of Italy received the same mandate as Draghi.
    As in 2011, the President of the Italian Republic bears the responsibility for this state of affairs.

Of course, the fact that the whole procedure was legally above board doesn't exclude that the result is indeed a massive distortion of democratic process, essentially a coup. This is not surprising either. The rise to power of both Mussolini and Hitler took place within the legal framework of the time, which also provided for the emergency power legislation they eventually enacted to retain power until their demise.

IPB

Why not?
    It's just an open question to everyone. I've been wrong about enough things in the last 2 years that I'm not sure I can predict anything.

Hydroxychloroquine, nitazoxanide and ivermectin have similar effects in early COVID-19: a head-to-head comparison of the Pre-AndroCoV Trial. | Research Square

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    This claim is old and bogus. The CDC's 12% was calculated correctly. But the confusion is kind of their fault. They should have limited enrollment to women who would have definitely completed pregnancy within the study period.
    Thank you for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    For the record I just got asked for my papers on my lunch break! I must look like a protester.
    Or a Jew.

Actual reality result of AZ audit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Or a Jew.
    Why Totalitarians Promote Hate | Kate Wand - YouTube

Holocaust survivors supporting a criminal investigation into the plandemic: Law + Human Rights - World Freedom Alliance UK

Jesus, just say "I'm pro lockdown". It should not be so hard.
    I guess if there are no other good options to prevent ICU overruns, then yes I am pro lockdown. And I prefer that over vaccine mandates, which is being posed as the alternative. But both of these options suck.

Doing nothing also seemed incorrect at the beginning (not now). If ICUs fill, then those without covid that need that space will die. And once the ICUS are full, the collateral deaths go exponential (see Queue theory). There was a point in the pandemic where Ontario was skirting with the idea of "triage" rules, that basically required doctors to choose who gets care based on their overall longterm death risk. I guess Trump had a good idea when he sent that ship to NY and built temporary ICU capacity. Something like this was never even discussed in Canada. I am not sure if our tiny army could have pulled it off at a national scale if the country had just let the virus rampant without any lockdowns.

Am I missing something? Do you have a better alternative? If all options are bad, do you just take the principle of most freedom wins? What's your thoughts? I clearly don't have a good answer.