starting strength gym
Page 1623 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 62311231523157316131621162216231624162516331673172321232623 ... LastLast
Results 16,221 to 16,230 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Texan View Post
    Update on my mandatory vax or get fired situation as a fully remote healthcare IT worker. I turned in my resignation this week after 15 years. They were completely shocked and had no back up plan for my departure. Apparently I'm the only one in a department of almost 100 who didn't comply.
    Balls. Good for you. Fuck 'em.

Best advertisement for moving to Florida I've ever seen.

Update on my mandatory vax or get fired situation as a fully remote healthcare IT worker. I turned in my resignation this week after 15 years. They were completely shocked and had no back up plan for my departure. Apparently I'm the only one in a department of almost 100 who didn't comply.
    I admire you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post

What you need to see is that everything that he would want and works for has happened over the past, say 100 years, particularly with regard to the influence of the Church. It's all becoming more diffuse and of the world in exactly the way all the seers and visionaries have warned.

Exactly? That’s amazing! What’s up for the next 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    At least Jesus didn’t wear shitty suits and bow ties, you gotta give it to the dude.
    He didn't wear a mask either

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    That is interesting. The word on the street is that there are a lot of young people either outright converting to Orthodoxy or at least giving it serious study. I think "growing" might be the wrong word; any new influx is in these denominations, but it's nothing like the early 20th century in the United States, you're right.

As for the bit about smaller churches closing, I agree. The pastor of the Byzantine Catholic parish I'm attending told me as much. He said he saw a distinct drop-off recently and he chalked it up to the casual congregants just deciding not to do it anymore, that it was too much of a hassle. That being said, the rector of the Roman Catholic order who offers the Latin Mass I also attend told me that he's seen a distinct influx of young people and families at that particular liturgy.
    I have also seen a bunch of young people leaving the Sunday mass service when I am having covfefe and recovering from the Saturday evening sacrifices and mutilations in the name of the fallen one. Many more than used to be the case until 2020. We only have Catholics here. Plus my team. Catholicism should see a resurgence, especially since many of their priests have taken a stance against the governments.

Might be relevant: Our Screaming Child @POTUS in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I have also seen a bunch of young people leaving the Sunday mass service when I am having covfefe and recovering from the Saturday evening sacrifices and mutilations in the name of the fallen one. Many more than used to be the case until 2020. We only have Catholics here. Plus my team. Catholicism should see a resurgence, especially since many of their priests have taken a stance against the governments.
    I'm reading this as since 2020, more of your young compatriots have returned to the church or not?

And don't be so quick to praise the clergy; there are comparatively very few that have taken actual stances against the government. Almost all fell in with Caesar, which is who the Vatican and the Bishops are in line with and have been for decades. Only the traditionalists, a minority, opposed in any way, as much as Catholic obedience allows. It is those congregations that are seeing actual resurgences.

And sorry, Barry; poor choice of words. My point was that it only took about that much time to throw off centuries of theological and liturgical stability, the Reformation notwithstanding.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    He didn't wear a mask either
    He also didn’t wear a goddamned mask.