starting strength gym
Page 1635 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 63511351535158516251633163416351636163716451685173521352635 ... LastLast
Results 16,341 to 16,350 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Any advice or strategy on how to fight against an employer's vaccine mandate ?
    Good luck to you. I was the only one to fight it in a department of about 100. If you have enough peers ready to stand with you, I dont see how the company can move forward with their bullshit mandate.

I spent about an hour submitting my religious exemption, based on ethical concerns with several links to court cases. It was denied with no reason given, only saying did not meet the exemption criteria.

A friend referred me to the following: Home - Liberty Justice Center. Haven't contacted them yet, but 100% planning to do so. This friend was also against the mandate, but just found out he was having twins and decided it was in the best interest of his family for him to get the shot. After I let him know why I was leaving, he decided to leave the organization anyways for another opportunity, with my departure being the catalyst. Point being, be vocal. If you wait until the end like I did, you feel like you're the only one holding out.

They just want to keep the transplant centers from getting overwhelmed by the dangerous virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    The entire progressive tax structure is based on “fairness”, the ACA and related health programs are based on “fairness”, all social spending is based on “fairness”, affirmative action, gender equality, corporate hiring policies, canceling mr potato head, …….
    I don't buy that. I think these policies benefit certain parties. The ACA, for example, is just a way for the insurance companies to mandate that you buy their product. Most corporate hiring policies (never mind we were talking gov not private industry, I thought) are for the optics- in reality HR does what they want. As for the tax structure, if things were fair we'd not have an income tax, but rather various taxes on what is bought. In other words, taxes would be a choice if they existed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The difference is....
    No government propagandized that guy's dance. Rachel Maddow didn't man-splain it to him either. Nor was it astroturfed by some hidden Sorus' funded NGO.

His dance is an organic freak-flag expression of truth as he sees it...and it organically resonated with others.

I think i've just been "man-splained" ;-)

I liked my alternate perspective.
    I also like Dancing Guy but i would have remained sitting on the grass with my beer, i just hate fucking dancing..

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I don't buy that. I think these policies benefit certain parties. The ACA, for example, is just a way for the insurance companies to mandate that you buy their product. Most corporate hiring policies (never mind we were talking gov not private industry, I thought) are for the optics- in reality HR does what they want. As for the tax structure, if things were fair we'd not have an income tax, but rather various taxes on what is bought. In other words, taxes would be a choice if they existed at all.
    You asked when do governments and corporations do things “in name of fairness”.

My answer is all the time. And I gave a lot of obvious examples. I never said these policies were actually fair.

Today I had the odd thought that Vox Day was my drill instructor and Mark Rippetoe is my seargent. They had to weed out the gammas and beat out any gamma tendencies of the remaining.

What if a social media AI was directing our actions to a purpose. And they knew about this in the 90s. And they even made a movie about it. It's called The Truman Show.

Yeah, go ahead and make the "that's insane" or "complete nonsense" remarks. I had the thought and I'm sharing it. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    JP is good at this: Why Life Jackets Should Be Mandatory! - YouTube

They really should take him down.
    Some of JP's finest work - hilarious and absolutely poignant. That's for posting Rip. I'm gonna get some great mileage out of this one.