starting strength gym
Page 1646 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 64611461546159616361644164516461647164816561696174621462646 ... LastLast
Results 16,451 to 16,460 of 30182

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Murder is a moral wrong. Except in self defence.
    But then it's not murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Touche. Let me rephrase;

Killing is a moral wrong, except in self defence.

Aside from this, it's a bad idea to take moral advice from your enemy.
    A mandate to not do something is different than a mandate to do something. In this instance the governor is mandating that businesses do not force employees/customers to do something against their will. It is preventative.

Technically it's true that a mandate to stop a mandate is fighting fire with fire, (assuming one doesn't want to use fire) but the alternative is to let the fire rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Well, I'm guilty. I am a grumpy old man. Just simple things really piss me off now. An example is the manner trendy people speak now. I have to "literally" run away as soon as I hear a sentence finished in a higher pitch. .
    Me too? It’s called upward inflection? I guess it’s a higher pitch? It’s a bad habit? It sounds insecure?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreg View Post
    Y'all do realize that you are praising your governor for state mandates to businesses, right?

To me this exposes an unbelievable degree of hypocrisy -- but I suppose it shouldn't be surprising -- you never did seem like much more than grumpy old men without much of a clue.
    Would agree in a free market economy but we're well past that. How many big businesses met with president pudding brain only to immediately enact mandates after. Why did the two major pediatric organizations in dfw announce their mandates within the same hour. These mandates are not being made in silos.

Texas have a "duty to retreat" when not in your own home?

Kamala Harris mocked for Nasa video with paid child actors - YouTube

Do you have white kids in the US? What a con job.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Texas have a "duty to retreat" when not in your own home?
    No.

Australia comes to Virginia: Horror in Loudoun County Implicates Local and Federal Officials – RedState

Speaking of Australia, quick summary of the legal situation here in South Australia, my home state.

[State of play Covid wise](Dashboard | SA.GOV.AU: COVID-19) - 4 deaths in total, since Jan 2020.

Just to put that in perspective, [our response has killed 4 babies](Lack of heart machine behind four babies''' deaths in four weeks at Adelaide hospital, committee hears - ABC News) Note that the restrictions aren't actually on them leaving SA to get to Victoria (the other state where treatment is available), the restrictions were on them not being able to return. So they wouldn't transfer them, because they wouldn't be allowed back in.

[Because of these 4 deaths a state of emergency has been declared.](https://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ...04.30.AUTH.PDF) Most governments have legislation for "emergencies" Obviously they are pretty far reaching.

[Obviously we have another act on top of these emergency powers, relating mainly to tenancy issues](https://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ...020.7.AUTH.PDF)

You don't have to bother reading it but you'll notice that the act has a reference to ending it:

"(2) The day fixed by the Minister for the purposes of subsection (1)(b) must be—
    (a) 28 days after the day on which all relevant declarations relating to the outbreak of the human disease named COVID-19 within South Australia have ceased; or
    (b) 1 December 2021,"

That 1st of december date looks great, except if you look at the history of this legislation, [It just keeps getting renewed 6 weeks at a time, in a rolling emergency](South Australian Legislation)

Remember that the "state of emergency" was declared for a state that's suffered 4 deaths since March 2020, for comparison we have 1.7 million people in the state. (Minus the 4 babies we killed in response to the 4 other people dying of course)

Obviously when I contacted my local member of parliament giving my opinion that the state of emergency legislation was not required I received no answer.

As the guy from Queensland said in his call in to Rip a couple of shows ago, our "she'll be right" mentality is culturally a terminal illness.

Sounds more like California has come to conservative old Virginia. "I Byde My Time" seems to have come and gone. Welcome to the new world.

Just to put that in perspective, [our response has killed 4 babies](Lack of heart machine behind four babies''' deaths in four weeks at Adelaide hospital, committee hears - ABC News) Note that the restrictions aren't actually on them leaving SA to get to Victoria (the other state where treatment is available), the restrictions were on them not being able to return. So they wouldn't transfer them, because they wouldn't be allowed back in.
    You folk down there are more interested in shutting down your coal fired power stations and trying to run SA on wind and a giant Tesla battery. Why would you spend money on critical medical equipment.

starting strength coach development program
    There are practical exceptions to principles that must be made. Ideally as little as possible.

Dogmatic approaches are rarely successful. Especially when you are being made to stick to it by your enemy. That's when you move from principled to loony.

Example. Murder is a moral wrong. Except in self defense.
    It's a culture question, not a market/property question. Ceteris paribus, just because it's private, can you be an asshole? Should you be allowed to be an asshole? What happens when society, ostensibly "the market" doesn't recognize that you're being an asshole? Are there objective truths? What good is liberty if the world looks like the Tenderloin in San Francisco?

Yes, yes, give the state the means to crush your enemy and the state will eventually come to crush you. Omnia non sunt aequales. But at this point, can't you forgive someone who says, "fuck 'em and fuck 'em good and hard?"

As for abandoning dogma, don't be so quick to discount it. The Catholic Church might not survive the havoc that ensued when it abandoned, really was forced to abandon, its dogma.