starting strength gym
Page 1667 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 66711671567161716571665166616671668166916771717176721672667 ... LastLast
Results 16,661 to 16,670 of 30197

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    The lockdown has returned for a week to Moscow.

Barry they don't have multiculturalism, equality of outcome, LGBTism, or any of the other Western Liberal darling ism's over here, so I can only assume that this return to abnormalcy is you Westerners unleashing the fury of your liberal doctrines upon us, via this virus.

(Been meaning to respond to your direct question for awhile now, and Moscow Mayor Sobyanin's latest power trip gave me just the opportunity)

So
    ....your optimism of the CoVid overreaction cause is misplaced because all these "ism"s do not even occur naturally; there are actors who have accustomed us to them gradually, so we wouldn't notice their repulsive-ness. Disagree with that assessment? Notice that the ism's you mention do not exist in similar levels throughout the world, especially in the "second"-world: where is the normal curve distribution of these in Poland, Russia, Japan, Hungary, Mexico, etc., if THEY best explain the CoVid over-reactions? I hope this gets you and others thinking, as your conclusion seems very American-centric, yet this is a worldwide enigma.
    Quoting all of the above because these are excellent points.

I don’t know if my hypothesis is optimistic or not, but a glaring gap is the near universal global response . How could that happen? The best I can do is apply a timeline of how the “more” politically correct places went first and the “less” politically correct are playing catch up. This is a weak argument, I know. May be a fatal flaw.

As far as normal or natural distribution of things, I’m criticizing the common thinking “we are right” , “they are wrong”,etc. it’s mathematically and biologically incorrect in almost every instance.

I suppose it’s normal tendency to use words in an absolute sense, but it suggests an ignorance of reality in almost every case. It weakens an otherwise important point. “Some People”, “a lot of people”, “most people” are more persuasive and more insightful. But I concede it could just be style of speech and I’m down in the weeds hiding like a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Here's a positive outlook to help with sleep tonight: For every action there is an equal or greater reaction
    This^ Vermont lady is now famous because she nailed it all back on Sept 20, 2019: Woman “Predicted” Covid Pandemic In 2019, Warned Of Global Tyranny & Vax Mandates

She now says she did not predict the future. Instead, she was just paying attention.

Fucking city people: When Being A Witness Goes Wrong: Passengers Let Train Rapist Victimize Woman for 40 Mins - GunsAmerica Digest

Tucker deals with this at the end of a very good intro monologue: Tucker: You're being instructed not to notice this - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    A very good rant. He says things he's not supposed to say:

You may be enraged if your daughter is raped in a school restroom by a trans "boy" who decided he's a girl only long enough to get in there, then suddenly "he's a boy again" because he used his boy parts to commit the rape, didn't he? Obviously said person was fully aware of his actual sex -- and your school and government coddled what was clearly mental illness and depravity which is direct reason that your daughter was raped.

Let's not forget that our federal government has threatened to "prosecute" parents who are enraged that a girl was raped as a direct consequence of the local, state and federal government's decision to pander to said selective claim of being "trans" which evaporated at the instant the instrument of rape, a penis, came out of the pants.

Anyone with two IQ points to rub together knows that said "trans" claiming person was 100% full of crap and was not in any way actually of the belief they were or are a girl. A girl has no use for a penis and thus if there is one currently physically attached an actual trans girl would find it useless for any sexual purpose whatsoever, including of course a felony criminal purpose. In short you put a criminal's "comfort" and intentional lie in front of the victim's safety.

This was not an accident ladies and gentlemen it was intentional so take a bow as to the outcome you permitted exactly as you would by handing a full can of gasoline and a lighter to an arsonist.

Of course you cannot in "polite" company point any of this out today but truth has nothing to do with politics, consensus, or democracy. It is true irrespective of how many people believe it, just as a falsehood is false no matter how many people believe it. Indeed something that is false can be believed by 100% of the people and it does not become not-false as a consequence of the number of believers.
    Among lots of other things. Read it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fucking city people: When Being A Witness Goes Wrong: Passengers Let Train Rapist Victimize Woman for 40 Mins - GunsAmerica Digest

Tucker deals with this at the end of a very good intro monologue: Tucker: You're being instructed not to notice this - YouTube

A very good rant. He says things he's not supposed to say:

Among lots of other things. Read it all.
    Karl Denninger always has good stuff.

Coach Rip - something to share. I'm stuck here in the Yankee north, and what is taken as default/par for the course in terms of self-defense laws in Texas can get someone imprisoned here. Years ago, a story out of Texas about a father who caught a farmhand molesting his son. The father flew into a rage, pummeled the farmhand, and called 911. The farmhand died.

The local police investigated and decided not to charge. The dad was seen as a hero by the local community.

Here? He'd get arrested and charged with murder, and given the farmhand was a minority, probably with a hate crime as well.

Earlier I said living in Texas is not impossible for me. I for one am damn sick and tired of all these liberals. Now, there are liberals in Texas (Beto - "we're coming for your AR15s," what a joke) and there are plenty of conservatives up here (we're just outnumbered). But things like the story about the Texas dad make me want to think about getting out of here.

Alec Baldwin has killed more people than ALL of the Jan. 6 protesters. Let that sink in

So I don’t know if this is the place for this post. Just attended the seminar last weekend. Jesus Christ, what a relief. What a relief to be in a place that isn’t mental about this bullshit. Except on Monday I had to come home. To Canada. To the news that the ski hill I work at is voluntarily mandating all employees be vaccinated. I don’t even know what to say. The talk on the social media boards for the hill implies I might be the only one who has a problem with this. Everyone thinks it’s a good thing. I don’t know how much more I can take.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Exactly, neither stupidity or being a chickenshit are illegal, though Im pretty sure mother fucking is.
    For now.

Good luck with your many lawsuits.
    Now, it is all luck - at least as far as the layman can see.

The law does not require anyone to serve if your livelihood, or even your life, is at risk.

Of course not. The law should contain a minimal set of negatives. Like the 10 Commandments. The left (liberation theology types) often criticizes the 10C's for just that reason - they are negative.

Look, I'm just trying to get my ivermectin in a peaceable manner.

Many would argue that the vaccine is also proven safe. Stamp your feet as much as you want, but people and even walmart is free to not comply with what you want.
    No one is trying to choke ivermectin down other people's throats.

I will disturb the cadence of the jack boots with my hobbit feet.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    VNV,

Hypothetical situation: A strict Christian baker owns a bakery. A gay couple comes in to order a wedding cake. This goes against the baker's religious beliefs and the baker refuses.

The couple sues and this goes to the Supreme Court.

IYO, Is this the correct thing to have happened?
    "Bake the cake" was on a ballistic trajectory - and impact.

Yes, the suit was the correct course. I forgot if the baker won.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    If you understand that "moral acts" in this culture are politically relative, then this is not confusing at all.

Yes, as in "correct" meaning, "that's what you do in this society."
    Indeed this is where we are.

But use the tools that are available. The mere physical act of suit can be effective, if there are enough of them, like a Denial-of-Service attack.

Our Marine says: "One mind, any weapon."

I will not go quietly into that good night, content that my papers are ordered and stacked neatly on the corner of my desk, c.f. Matt Jackson.

Thank you for indulging me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    The lockdown has returned for a week to Moscow.

Barry they don't have multiculturalism, equality of outcome, LGBTism, or any of the other Western Liberal darling ism's over here, so I can only assume that this return to abnormalcy is you Westerners unleashing the fury of your liberal doctrines upon us, via this virus.

(Been meaning to respond to your direct question for awhile now, and Moscow Mayor Sobyanin's latest power trip gave me just the opportunity)

So
    ....your optimism of the CoVid overreaction cause is misplaced because all these "ism"s do not even occur naturally; there are actors who have accustomed us to them gradually, so we wouldn't notice their repulsive-ness. Disagree with that assessment? Notice that the ism's you mention do not exist in similar levels throughout the world, especially in the "second"-world: where is the normal curve distribution of these in Poland, Russia, Japan, Hungary, Mexico, etc., if THEY best explain the CoVid over-reactions? I hope this gets you and others thinking, as your conclusion seems very American-centric, yet this is a worldwide enigma.
    Barry's ideas are ridiculous to the point that he obviously doesn't believe in them, but is just offering them as a counter argument. Which is a nice distraction, I was getting sick of the typical paranoiac stuff that was starting to infect the thread. It is fairly interesting why Russia is running the hoax this winter, I guess it serves as a good distraction from the European energy crisis for which they are being blamed, probably avoiding new attempts at color revolutions and shit.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

She now says she did not predict the future. Instead, she was just paying attention.
    An accurate definition of Prophecy.