starting strength gym
Page 1670 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 67011701570162016601668166916701671167216801720177021702670 ... LastLast
Results 16,691 to 16,700 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Australian Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says quarantine facilities are going to be needed for the unvaccinated.

The Honourable Annastacia Palaszczuk issues a threat to the People! - YouTube

Yes, Australia, that's where you're headed. Better read this while you can: Accountability in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Speaking of distractions, I think one of the main reasons Israel is going so hard core on this covid campaign is that they are using it as a smoke screen to the fact that Iran will reveal that it is nuclear pretty soon. Before covid all we heard on mainstream news was Iran, now all we hear is covid. Before covid, all people spoke about was Iran and a possible war, now people on the street only talk about some guy in the community who got a positive PCR test and how this asymptomatic person could kill everyone with his dangerous infection.
    I don’t think this holds up. Consider that COVID occurred during the Trump era. Israel switching the dialog from Iran to Covid, clearly hurt Trump. So now Israel has the Covid insanity IN ADDITION to a nuclear Iran. Lose-lose. Had Covid occurred after Trump lost, it Covid could have been a convenient diversion.

Very American centric I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    You are so lucky to have this option.
    I know. I count my blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Kowalski View Post
    This is my first post here and I've read most of this thread and the some of the linked articles with great interest and concern. I am trying to warp my head around all of this. The articles all suggest that the vax causes death and disability. What is the end goal here? What do "they" gain by killing all of these people?
    Depopulation - that's the widely circulated conclusion among alternative blogs/news sites.

A few things:

https://mobile.twitter.com/govrondes...47185357332481 "The more Florida acts like a country right now, the better for all of us." This is true of every state in the country. And we're headed in that direction.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thesun/st...39594940084230 Almost.

Deleted Government Report Celebrates How Public Loves to “Conform” – Summit News And it works very well, especially in the UK and Australia.

“Government statements, actions and laws powerfully shape perceptions of normative and acceptable behaviour. For instance, even with public criticism being high, many still perceived government approval as the yardstick for safe behaviour during COVID-19 ‘we’re allowed to do this now [so must be safe]…’. This reveals, for many, a deep set reverence for legitimate government authority, regardless of one’s personal political views.”
    And this is juicy:

A related group, the Scientific Pandemic Insights Group on Behaviours team, warned at the start of the first lockdown that a “substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened [by Covid-19].”

“The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging,” the group added, leading to numerous lurid propaganda campaigns that exaggerated the threat of COVID to bully the public into total submission.

In summary, the public is largely unthinking, compliant and docile and can be made to go along with just about anything so long as they’re bombarded with the right propaganda.
    There has never been a shortage of 1.) stupid people and 2.) thugs who want to beat them up for tyrannies to use. Tyranny is facilitated by these two groups.

And what happens when the tyranny ceases to be able to enable you to flush your toilet? Here It Comes: Supply Dislocation in [Market-Ticker]

Quote Originally Posted by Barbellian View Post

Depopulation - that's the widely circulated conclusion among alternative blogs/news sites.
    It’s a bad conclusion. Depopulation of maybe 10% (about a billion or more), would be required.

Sterilization would get the needed numbers but much slower. Probably decades.

Overt incentivized sterilization might have been less expensive and more effective. $100k tax free for a male and $20k for a female? Including citizenship keeps the labor and tax base high.

But,…., none of that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    and that is why Israel is talking about the 4th dose already Virus czar calls to begin readying for eventual 4th vaccine dose | The Times of Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    It’s a bad conclusion. Depopulation of maybe 10% (about a billion or more), would be required.

Sterilization would get the needed numbers but much slower. Probably decades.

Overt incentivized sterilization might have been less expensive and more effective. $100k tax free for a male and $20k for a female? Including citizenship keeps the labor and tax base high.

But,…., none of that happened.
    The depopulation thing is even more ridiculous than your PC lockdown idea.

starting strength coach development program
    I was listening to a recent Dave Smith podcast (relevant discussion starts at 9:30), and was reminded of the pedantic libertarianism I sometimes see pop up here. I transcribed some excerpts (minus verbal ticks and false starts):

Dave: But I gotta tell you, I'm okay with [Governor Abbott's mandate ban]. And it's been an interesting thing to kind of think this through, and realize that you know, whether this is perfectly libertarian or not (and the answer is, it's not), we don't live in a perfect libertarian world, and we live in a real threat right now to liberty in this country. And seeing people fight back against it kinda makes me happy, and I'm not going to spend any time complaining about it.

Robbie: There's also already anti-discrimination laws imposed on businesses, so for a new anti-descrimination law to come around that's actually in my favor... Unless you're going to unwind the other protections that other people have, you're really just extending protections that already existing. So for example if they made an anti-descrimination law [for] conservative point of views or your political opinions, that you can't be fired from your employer because of your politcal views as stated online: Would it be smart of libertarians to say "How dare you tell a business they can't discriminate against employees!" Well, those laws already exist, so why wouldn't I want that protection for myself when it's already afforded multiple other individuals? It just doesn't seem like a winning strategy when the other side of it's not going away.

Dave: Yeah, exactly. Or you could just make it explicitly agaisnt libertarians. [Let's say] there's a federal edict that says anyone who opposes the federal reserve is a terrorist and should be fired. And then one state's governor says "You're not allowed to fire someone for being against the federal reserve." Would we sit there and go "Well those are both infringements on liberty!", or would we just say, you know even if none of this if perfect, I'm kinda on the side of that guy.

Dave: Daniel McAdams, who is Ron Paul's co-host on the Liberty Report. He had this thing he used to say, and I'm not saying it's a hundred percent perfect law, but there's really something to this: "Libertarians should never be useful to the regime." [In the foreign policy context, for example], he'd say "Never attack the CIA's targeted enemies". ... And you see this a lot from different libertarians, and it's hard exactly to decide whether you should give them the benefit of the doubt and [say], you guys are really, really blue-pilled. Or this is a little more nefarious than that and you're actually trying to aid the regime. You're either blue-pilled libertarians or regime-libertarians. I'm not sure which is worse. ... What is the real threat to liberty? That we're going to go down this road where we have a two tiered system where anybody who didn't take the COVID vaccination is now a second class citizen, [and in fact] mandated by the governments that they are second-class citizens. Or that governments will come in and say you can't do that? ... The fact that I even see libertarians arguing about this stuff is kind of nuts to me.

Dave: I understand the libertarian allergy to state power. We don't want to use state power. That's kind of the whole thing we're against. And I get that, and I'm against that too. ... I feel like when people say "that's bad, but that's bad too, and we're against all of these state policies." Do you guys not understand the moment we're living through? ... If you do understand that, then I think maybe you'd realize the solution probably won't be perfect, but anyone who [might be able to] take down the COVID regime, I'm willing to hear them out.
    I especially like the Daniel McAdams heuristic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Boris Johnson is such an embarrassment. The dude should just jab himself to death and be done with his miserable existence.