starting strength gym
Page 1697 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 69711971597164716871695169616971698169917071747179721972697 ... LastLast
Results 16,961 to 16,970 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    PETER DOSHI: THIS IS NOT SCIENCE, IT IS BUSINESS.
    Dr. Peter Doshi, associate editor of the British Medical Journal (BMJ), discusses the lack of scientific process behind the development and roll out Covid-19 vaccines in a meeting called by Senator Ron Johnson on the topic of vaccine mandates. Peter Doshi: This is NOT Science, It Is Business. - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I was just pointing out that homeopathy is nonsense. That is a fact, not my opinion. It violates everything known about physics and chemistry. No medical knowledge required to know this.

Did you accuse me of being ignorant and naive?
    Does this mean it doesn’t work, except when it does, or that we might not know “everything” about physics and chemistry?

And I’d not be happy with a medical product, intentional or manufacturing residual, named after a demon, either, particularly given how much abject evil we’re dealing with these days.

These people are monsters; they get no more benefits of doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    While we laugh, cry, fight, and learn on this forum, in our otherwise empty lives, please do not defend homeopathic treatments for Covid. (Aaron Rodgers).

Any defense of homeopathy is a death sentence for credibility.

Yes, Barry, it's naive to think that NOT CONDEMNING [homeopathy] will gain you credibility with your enemies.

And IMHO it is ignorant to outright dismiss [non-Big-Pharma solutions] based on the opinions of "experts," given the historical events of the past 18 months.

Yes. Take them off of your toolbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Yes, Barry, it's naive to think that NOT CONDEMNING [homeopathy] will gain you credibility with your enemies.

And IMHO it is ignorant to outright dismiss [non-Big-Pharma solutions] based on the opinions of "experts," given the historical events of the past 18 months.
    Do you grant the same degree of acceptance to phrenologists and astrologers? Witch doctors? Just because the media lies to us every second of the day? How the fuck did we get sidetracked into a fucking discussion of fucking homeopathy??? Let's salvage some of our credibility and shut that down, please. And don't start a discussion on the Nazi Moon Base either.

__________________________________________________ _________

Denninger kills: No, It's Not Legal in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

__________________________________________________ _________

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Dr. Peter Doshi, associate editor of the British Medical Journal (BMJ), discusses the lack of scientific process behind the development and roll out Covid-19 vaccines in a meeting called by Senator Ron Johnson on the topic of vaccine mandates. Peter Doshi: This is NOT Science, It Is Business. - YouTube
    Be sure to watch the last part of this, about the data from the "clinical trials."

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If he has his beliefs and wants to become independent enough to live them without being dominated by people that hate his beliefs, that sounds like a good plan. It's what everyone should be doing.
    He is not independent, he depends on folk such as yourself to use his service and you do. He is using you.

What are you talking about? Of course I don't "need" it. I don't need this forum either. Where do you get the idea that gab forms my opinions? It's a website were you post stuff and can see other people post stuff, without the risk of things constantly being deleted and memory-holed. Having images and media clips posted in that format is useful. I would still be on twitter if they just left people the fuck alone like they did seven or eight years ago.
    You do "need" it otherwise you would not use it. You "need" this forum also as it is a vehicle to vent your opinions.

So I shouldn't use Gab because Torba has secret plans to start the 10th Crusade and take over the world? You seem to have a lot of faith in this guy. But if he can pull that off, I think the iron fist of Neo-Christendom would almost certainly be preferable to this.
    His plans are not secret. I just don't trust him. As long as you use his service you support him. Preferable? perhaps. When Hitler first came to power he was preferable, but turned into a nasty piece of work.

2021 is almost over, I just looked at the CDC website, I still cannot find the 2020 mortality rate in the united states. Only pre-2019. I'm not sure when the data is usually released but I wonder if it means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    My hero, Richard Feynman, decided he would not work on any science that wasn’t fully in the open.

This decision happened after making major and critical contributions to the Manhattan Project. I believe he was very conflicted by this. In any case, he did discuss his ethics openly, which is admirable and never easy (I guess).

Perhaps this dilemma has been around for a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You do "need" it otherwise you would not use it. You "need" this forum also as it is a vehicle to vent your opinions.
    Come on, wal. This is silly. This means that want and need are the same thing. Words, definitions, etc.

starting strength coach development program
    I will leave homeopathy alone, but with one final statement to explicitly clarify since it's directly related to Science and horse dewormers. I no more endorse or trust homeopathy than I do the scientific community or the health care field. I do my best to verify anything I can, and I think it's just another bitter tragedy that some older remedies may actually be efficacious as prophylactics or therapeutics at very low costs with wide availability, but it's nearly impossible to find any reliable data or studies because it just isn't done.

Elderberry, for instance, has two small studies that I've been able to find. One shows efficacy with colds and the other none with influenza. That didn't stop it from becoming a mainstream fad, being labeled by some as "homeopathic" even though it's been a folk remedy for centuries, and the FDA hasn't approved it... so don't give it to pregnant women. Just to be safe. Nevermind that over treatment and cesarean deliveries have driven infant and mother mortality rates in the US higher than many second and third world countries.

The Devil is in the details, and every facet of our existence is facing crises driven by corruption and hubris. What choices remain to us than to have a rigorous discussion such as the ones we engage in on this board?

------------------

On a semi-related tangent, I've recently become very interested in diving into the 16th and 17th centuries in world history with an emphasis on Europe, broadly. "General global crises" driven by war, religion, weather, pandemic, etc. Given how much religious zealotry abounds in our politics, I'm hoping it provides some insight into things we may expect in the near future. Warfare, especially sieges, was also typically conducted with logistics and economy being the largest deciding factors.

Fascinating stuff.