starting strength gym
Page 1699 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 69911991599164916891697169816991700170117091749179921992699 ... LastLast
Results 16,981 to 16,990 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I haven't mentioned it in these forums yet, but I've had my "d-day" with my employer. I sent an open letter to everyone and got a lot more positive feedback from peers than I expected. It caused me a lot of stress to do this, but it was worth it. These idiotically foolish corporations are going to lose their best employees. I'm absolutely sure of that now. They will only retain second class fearful cowards. They'll get some compensation from the federal teet, sure, but they are engaging in the labor equivalent of eating the seed corn--just like every other communist revolution before this. I made it publicly clear that I don't want any religious exemption, and will not submit to any "frequent testing". I'm not in a job where walking off would really matter, since I'm salaried and work on longer term projects. But if anyone else is, now is the time to use up your sick leave, especially if they are going to fire you anyway. Fuck these people. Fuck them straight into the pits of hell.
    I spent 30 years working for the state and we had a 3 strike rule. It was highly regulated and the safety aspect was constantly monitored by both internal and external auditors. Breach any major safety rule 3 times and and your job was gone. I was wearing PPE for dust and asbestos and had to have a lung test every few years to monitor for asbestos fibres. None of this stuff is new to me. I had to go through safety audits every few weeks and have competency tests every 12 months, because the work was dangerous. I never considered myself a fearful coward because I complied with their requirements, sure it was an imposition at times and onerous, but that is how it was and still is it appears though more intense so I can understand your frustration with it.

I then spent 5 years with the state emergency service and they had vaccination requirements way before the covid outbreak which were constantly updated. People and the environment carry diseases, you need to protect your self as best you can. I went into India numerous times and I saw leprosy, phalaris, malaria, tuberculosis and I was vaccinated against cholera, typhoid, tetanus and whatever. I had a vaccination certificates years ago, I went to places where there was no clean water, no hospitals, no communication out in the middle of nowhere, so I took precautions.

If you don't want to work for a corporation, then why not work for yourself or at least an independent contractor? that way you can avoid the "D day" experience.

The British Medical Journal is very well respected journal. They recently published the account of a whistleblower who details serious problems in the Pfizer covid vaccine clinical trials. Her claims were confirmed with photos and by other researchers.

The most noteworthy problems are: participants were unblinded, data was falsified, adverse events were not recorded, and many trial participants who reported covid-like symptoms were not tested for covid, even though that was the primary endpoint of the study.

Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial | The BMJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do you grant the same degree of acceptance to phrenologists and astrologers? Witch doctors? Just because the media lies to us every second of the day? How the fuck did we get sidetracked into a fucking discussion of fucking homeopathy??? Let's salvage some of our credibility and shut that down, please. And don't start a discussion on the Nazi Moon Base either.
    Skepticism is admirable -- usually. In this case, homeopathy is witchcraft, pure and simple, and it doesn't take the FDA to tell you so. Read about it.
    TL; DR :
    Yeah, I know it sucks to hear this, but to win this WAR, we're probably gonna need the Aaron Rodgers homeopathists and basketball "energy" guy (don't recall his name) and White Supremacists on "our" side - that pureblood Tea Party bullshit just got us Obamacare legalized, the IRS weaponized, boys in the girls' room, and all of us putting our PRE-SCHOOL children (but not mine!) in muzzles to attend school, as we bicker over intellectual consistency at school board meetings and in the courts. Your "credibility" doesnt count for ANYTHING but brownie points in today's America; hasn't that been painfully obvious for at least twenty years??

OK Mark, no defenses of homeopathy or Nazi moon bases or 9/11 trutherism.

But my mistake in this case, which I hope we can all learn from, was responding to Barry's request (let's not harm our credibility by not denouncing homeopathy) in the same mistaken way that Trump did:

Mistake 1:
    I should've ignored the request for us to disavow [the White Supremacists at Charlottesville], and left it at that.

Has the Left a single time denounced, let alone BEEN ASKED TO disavow, its BLM or antifa thugs?

Mistake 2:
    Beyond not ignoring the pointless requests to disavow [the Charlottesville White Supremacists], I continued on to say that perhaps [some of the supremacists at Charlottesville were good people].

Who the hell cares if Aaron Rogers' homeopathy is nutso, if [Barry] won't disavow the doctors and nurses putting people on ventilators to die for $30k payment$, and pharmacists denying Ivermectin scripts for a moment in the spotlight??

I swear, we need some kind of "Rules for Radicals" or procedures for "lighting up your uncle at the Thanksgiving table" (from Obama) if we're going to win ANYTHING anytime soon.

The rules/lessons from this homeopathy sidetracking are probably something like:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, i.e. don't publicly nitpick an "extremist's" viewpoint if his intentions/end goals align with yours
    And
    You don't have to respond to eveey phucking question or accusation tossed at you by the Looney Left.

As for your direct question, Rip, allow me make Charlottesville mistake #2 again and say that, yes, I don't outright dismiss too many of these wacky thoughts or theories anymore.

Since David brought it up so eloquently, yes, it seems like many remedies and solutions that worked for so long in the past, for our ancestors and beyond, were trashed as "pseudo-" in favor of modern and scientific solutions, which just so happen to, as Denniger touches on in his latest post:
    Make pharma a LOT of money
    And
    Get people addicted to EASY solutions that resolve you of personal responsibility.

Here are two examples of "older" remedies that modern "experts" have taught us to shun:

We gave birth at home (well, through a "center") and the insurance charged us $1k (if not 2) out of pocket, when we'd have paid NOTHING for the hospital birth that would have easily cost $30k. Beyond that insult, when going to some of those early checkups, nurses feigned disbelief and disgust, castigating us, practically: You did a home birth?? WHY would you DO that!?

Look into how our "leaders" castigated nurse midwives, caricaturing them as pointy-nosed East Europeans, probably to help get us on the ho$pital birth bandwagon. I was shocked when I found out that Russian hospitals still have midwives on their birthing floors, as the experts had convinced me, too, that all this homebirth and midwifing stuff was kooky, backdated, and outlandish. BTW the Russians don't circumcize as a rule, either, they view that as a kooky religious custom, not a trusted medical procedure.

On the astrology thing, that's pretty damn funny that you brought that up, let's just say I'm more open to that being a realistic option than I was when I was in my teens and twenties, when Denniger's "experts" had taught me that that was a mystical, kooky, scamm-y thing. I'm sorry, but astrology is a part of the Hindu religion, making it samantically equally as (in)valid as Mohammed or Jesus or any of the other prophets. I wonder why so few of us hear from schools and the "experts" that there is even such a thing as Vedantic (Hindu) astrology? Yet Mohammed and Kwanza were pushed into our culture quite quickly and seamlessly. Hmmm.

Rip, you had a podcast calling out the medical industry on its missed diagnosis of the guy you interviewed who fell from a roof (BTW a neurologist similarly told my parents after my head injury that I only had a ninety-day window to re-learn motor function!), and you had one about antidepressants being mis-prescribed in place of testosterone treatments, so WHY the knee-jerk reaction to experts' opinions Aaron Rogers' homeopathy NOW? Especially with this existential war going on??

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I then spent 5 years with the state emergency service and they had vaccination requirements way before the covid outbreak which were constantly updated. People and the environment carry diseases, you need to protect your self as best you can. I went into India numerous times and I saw leprosy, phalaris, malaria, tuberculosis and I was vaccinated against cholera, typhoid, tetanus and whatever. I had a vaccination certificates years ago, I went to places where there was no clean water, no hospitals, no communication out in the middle of nowhere, so I took precautions.
    You surely must be aware of the fact that the injections in question are not vaccines, so none of this shit is equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Manumission View Post
    The British Medical Journal is very well respected journal. They recently published the account of a whistleblower who details serious problems in the Pfizer covid vaccine clinical trials. Her claims were confirmed with photos and by other researchers.

The most noteworthy problems are: participants were unblinded, data was falsified, adverse events were not recorded, and many trial participants who reported covid-like symptoms were not tested for covid, even though that was the primary endpoint of the study.

Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial | The BMJ
    We posted this last week. Stay current by reading this thread every day.

There is very little the governments say that isn't bald-faced lies to extend their power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Here are two examples of "older" remedies that modern "experts" have taught us to shun:
    Neither of which are homeopathy.

On the astrology thing, that's pretty damn funny that you brought that up, let's just say I'm more open to that being a realistic option than I was when I was in my teens and twenties, when Denniger's "experts" had taught me that that was a mystical, kooky, scamm-y thing. I'm sorry, but astrology is a part of the Hindu religion, making it samantically equally as (in)valid as Mohammed or Jesus or any of the other prophets. I wonder why so few of us hear from schools and the "experts" that there is even such a thing as Vedantic (Hindu) astrology? Yet Mohammed and Kwanza were pushed into our culture quite quickly and seamlessly. Hmmm.
    You're not really a science guy, Nick.

Rip, you had a podcast calling out the medical industry on its missed diagnosis of the guy you interviewed who fell from a roof (BTW a neurologist similarly told my parents after my head injury that I only had a ninety-day window to re-learn motor function!), and you had one about antidepressants being mis-prescribed in place of testosterone treatments, so WHY the knee-jerk reaction to experts' opinions Aaron Rogers' homeopathy NOW? Especially with this existential war going on??
    Who is Aaron Rogers, and why should I care?

How is this an honest explanation if it isn't true?

Previous response

You surely must be aware of the fact that the injections in question are not vaccines, so none of this shit is equivalent.
    I'm genuinely curious as to why the injections are not vaccines. Is it because of the mRNA?

starting strength coach development program
    Who is Aaron Rogers, and why should I care?
    Superstar (future hall of famer) QB for the packers, getting crushed for not being vaccinated. Read up about it... You'll like the guy.