starting strength gym
Page 1701 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 70112011601165116911699170017011702170317111751180122012701 ... LastLast
Results 17,001 to 17,010 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JP_Kowalski View Post
    I'm genuinely curious as to why the injections are not vaccines. Is it because of the mRNA?
    Vaccines work.

I've been thinking about how Denninger pointed out that in 1970 healthcare was 4% of GDP and now it's 20%. And it made me wonder, is the clotshot just another desperate attempt to keep the next-bubble-to-pop inflated? The healthcare equivalent of giving little-to-no-money-down home loans to everyone with a pulse? If it is, you shouldn't expect them to be very concerned about it blowing up just as bad or worse than 2008 did.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Brave. Any response from management? Did anyone publicly support you? What's next?
    I won't go into too many details, but I exploited some specifics about my local situation (within the broader company) and did it in a way that made it hard for management to object to what I did. I then made a respectfully aggressive follow up move (in private, not public) to show confidence in my position and put them slightly on the defensive. They treated me fairly and gave me a meeting to talk about my concerns. I'm feeling pretty good because I think I gave them the feeling that I haven't spent all my ammo (I haven't). They gave me the impression that they aren't very happy about the mandates (locally at least), but instead played the "our hands are tied" card and encouraged me to still try for a religious exemption.

If anyone else is thinking about making a similar move, I'd suggest you look for things unique to your company and situation that can be exploited. There's always something. Let ideas stew for a while before making a move. Be strategic and take some advice from Sun Tzu while you're at it. Most importantly, your moral confidence has to be rock solid. You are right, and they are wrong. Period. End of story. Internalize that. If you show fear of being fired, they will definitely sense it.

As for peer support, it was mostly private, but it broke the ice for a few people to start debating the mandates in an internal forum. That was an unexpected win. Since then, someone else has published an open letter, but not from my location. It's a big company, and I doubt that had much to do with me. The private support was people telling me they will also not comply, with a couple mulling over the idea of going public as well. Others simply thanked me for speaking up because they are admittedly too scared. One guy was even talking about potential startup ideas if we all get canned (possible silver linings).

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    If you don't want to work for a corporation, then why not work for yourself or at least an independent contractor? that way you can avoid the "D day" experience.
    That would be the future plan. But right now I'm happy to be "behind enemy lines" so I can throw some sand in the gears of this monstrosity.

Anyone catch the cross examination from the Rittenhouse trial today? I'm watching it now, it's amazing. The prosecution look like their souls are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Anyone catch the cross examination from the Rittenhouse trial today? I'm watching it now, it's amazing. The prosecution look like their souls are broken.
    George Soros will have them killed, and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    That would be the future plan. But right now I'm happy to be "behind enemy lines" so I can throw some sand in the gears of this monstrosity.
    One thing I have learned is you need to make yourself more employable. Do some extra training, for example I did electrical, welding, electronics, that way if you have a dual trade you can go to more places and employers are more inclined to employ you if you have other skills, or if you work for yourself as tradie, you could do plumbing, building, painting, whatever. Don't specialize unless you have some unique talent that no one else has. You never stop learning.

This video has no presence in Australia, the censoring and propaganda is so strong here. Brave Australian Nurse Begs Media to Tell The Truth About Vaccine Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    OK, so your preferred model is that a Dr is the authority. The Pharmacist can question the authority, but ultimately must comply.
    What's the point, otherwise? How many people need to be in on my health decisions, Mark? Does the security guard at the pharmacy get a say? Have you been to a pharmacy lately? The kids filling those scripts and counting those pills shouldn't be able to say jack about what the doc writes. Hell, in my book the only reason for a doc consult is if you don't know what's up. You ought to be able to walk in and buy what you want. Stop stopping people from having to deal with the consequences of their own stupidity and at the same time get out of the way of those of us who do understand shit. But at the very least, if I can't get that, at the very least let it be between me and the doc. Why all this love of gate-keepers? Let me ask you this. What if the pharmacist doesn't want to fill the blood pressure script until you show the vaccine card? How far are you willing to let them dictate to you?

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Understood, but maybe further clarity: I don't ascribe to homeopathy. Agree that true homeopathy is bullshit. What I care about is how much the word has been used to malign other things.
    Exactly. People say homeopathy when what they really mean is herbal remedies. Of which many work. My great-grandmother taught me a bunch of that shit. She was putting honey on wounds long before Google told the soccer moms it had anti-bacterial properties.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    And, man... I'll refrain on commenting further about home birth, midwives, and birth centers, but, if anyone wants to fall down a rabbit hole that clearly demonstrates the subtle malfeasance and God-complexing in the medical field, there's hardly a better option.
    Holy shit, yes. I think that's why you find so many women open to the stupid shit. They may have taken wrong turns but they got there after seeing that whole wad of shit.

Tales from the wild: In addition to my gym, I managed to talk the people I'm keeping books for out of their mask requirement. I presented as a hospitality and a bottom-line issue. Let's not dictate to customers what they should do- let them decide so they feel comfortable. No one is asked to remove or don a mask. No employee is harassed about wearing them. No employee is questioned about their vaccine status. If you feel uncomfortable you are welcome to wear a mask. I made the case that those of us in the office who weren't wearing them come and go during the day. It's the same thing. It was just being done for looks and it's currently a split as to whether that "look" is positive or negative to a customer. If we want business from both sides of the aisle, then we remain neutral. That seemed to go over well and as time passes everyone's ok with it. We don't get complaints, we don't have customers harassing each other or staff, staff no longer has to confront customers- it's better all around. This has been the best quarter all year for them. We also didn't magically have a bunch of employees up and get Covid- imagine that!

On the other hand: The coffeehouse is a no-go zone for people like me. All masks, a few with eye gear and gloves. Lots of pronouns on name tags. It's surreal. If my tits don't tell you I'm a chick, I don't know what to do for you. Business isn't fantastic most of these places. Lot of serious crime where it didn't used to be an issue. It feels like shit's brewing. It's like everyone has just had enough, they're on edge. Used to, if you didn't want to get shot you just stayed out of that small section of the city. If you got hurt, you were probably looking for it. Here lately it's gotten nasty. Carjacking little college girls. Meanwhile the black lives matter crowd is sitting over at the library all masked up talking about how the little college girl was a colonizer and the car is reparations. The mask mandate has held for Jackson because the mayor is using the fact that it's majority black as justification. Which is some of the most racist shit I've ever heard but he's black so of course he can't be racist. To me it seems more an age divide than a race divide. The older black folks see the game, they see the deaths and complications from friends getting the vaccine.

So I got no clue. Are we almost out of this shit or have we just reached the calm before the storm. I'm not even sure I care anymore. I'm so embarrassed about how pussified this country got and how fast that happened- how fast everyone just bent over- is it even worth saving? I guess all I can do is what I am. Pushing back when and where I have a voice and holding the ground I've gained.

Now Bill Gates Wants Nations To Spend Billions On Germ Games Against Biological Attacks - GreatGameIndia

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I guess all I can do is what I am. Pushing back when and where I have a voice and holding the ground I've gained.
    Persevere!
    The Big Lie - How to Enslave the World - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    What's the point, otherwise? How many people need to be in on my health decisions, Mark? Does the security guard at the pharmacy get a say? Have you been to a pharmacy lately? The kids filling those scripts and counting those pills shouldn't be able to say jack about what the doc writes. Hell, in my book the only reason for a doc consult is if you don't know what's up. You ought to be able to walk in and buy what you want. Stop stopping people from having to deal with the consequences of their own stupidity and at the same time get out of the way of those of us who do understand shit. But at the very least, if I can't get that, at the very least let it be between me and the doc. Why all this love of gate-keepers? Let me ask you this. What if the pharmacist doesn't want to fill the blood pressure script until you show the vaccine card? How far are you willing to let them dictate to you?

Exactly. People say homeopathy when what they really mean is herbal remedies. Of which many work. My great-grandmother taught me a bunch of that shit. She was putting honey on wounds long before Google told the soccer moms it had anti-bacterial properties.

Holy shit, yes. I think that's why you find so many women open to the stupid shit. They may have taken wrong turns but they got there after seeing that whole wad of shit.

Tales from the wild: In addition to my gym, I managed to talk the people I'm keeping books for out of their mask requirement. I presented as a hospitality and a bottom-line issue. Let's not dictate to customers what they should do- let them decide so they feel comfortable. No one is asked to remove or don a mask. No employee is harassed about wearing them. No employee is questioned about their vaccine status. If you feel uncomfortable you are welcome to wear a mask. I made the case that those of us in the office who weren't wearing them come and go during the day. It's the same thing. It was just being done for looks and it's currently a split as to whether that "look" is positive or negative to a customer. If we want business from both sides of the aisle, then we remain neutral. That seemed to go over well and as time passes everyone's ok with it. We don't get complaints, we don't have customers harassing each other or staff, staff no longer has to confront customers- it's better all around. This has been the best quarter all year for them. We also didn't magically have a bunch of employees up and get Covid- imagine that!

On the other hand: The coffeehouse is a no-go zone for people like me. All masks, a few with eye gear and gloves. Lots of pronouns on name tags. It's surreal. If my tits don't tell you I'm a chick, I don't know what to do for you. Business isn't fantastic most of these places. Lot of serious crime where it didn't used to be an issue. It feels like shit's brewing. It's like everyone has just had enough, they're on edge. Used to, if you didn't want to get shot you just stayed out of that small section of the city. If you got hurt, you were probably looking for it. Here lately it's gotten nasty. Carjacking little college girls. Meanwhile the black lives matter crowd is sitting over at the library all masked up talking about how the little college girl was a colonizer and the car is reparations. The mask mandate has held for Jackson because the mayor is using the fact that it's majority black as justification. Which is some of the most racist shit I've ever heard but he's black so of course he can't be racist. To me it seems more an age divide than a race divide. The older black folks see the game, they see the deaths and complications from friends getting the vaccine.

So I got no clue. Are we almost out of this shit or have we just reached the calm before the storm. I'm not even sure I care anymore. I'm so embarrassed about how pussified this country got and how fast that happened- how fast everyone just bent over- is it even worth saving? I guess all I can do is what I am. Pushing back when and where I have a voice and holding the ground I've gained.
    Winter is coming, and it will likely be a cold one. Restaurants that have been eating rising food costs have run out of wiggle room, and those costs keep increasing. Businesses large to small can't keep people hired for $18-22 hourly.

Who knows? It feels close, but everyone seems willing to put up with a lot of things if the dopamine buttons keep getting pressed.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    My hero, Richard Feynman
    I love listening to this interview when I go on long drives (which I do a lot of). For me, it's not only what Feynman teaches is what I learn from. But it is his whole approach to the experience of learning and thinking in of itself, is that which inspires me.
    The complete FUN TO IMAGINE with Richard Feynman - YouTube

This can not be an accident Man sick for over a month after receiving 6 vaccine doses - Israel National News

NEW - Puzzling heart disease in football: "An unusually large number of professional and amateur football players have collapsed recently" (Berliner Zeitung)

Ratselhafte Herzerkrankungen im Fussball