starting strength gym
Page 1708 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 70812081608165816981706170717081709171017181758180822082708 ... LastLast
Results 17,071 to 17,080 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JP_Kowalski View Post
    I guess I look at things a bit differently. I was a CPA for about 10 years, made good money, until I discerned the calling to become a Catholic priest. If my discernment is correct, then the Holy Spirit will guide my decisions to fulfill that calling. Allowing me to die would kind of prevent that.
    Reason must be included in the process of both decision and discernment.

As we know from Fides et Ratio, reason is one of the "two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth".

In humility, we know that discernment can never be more than partial. Heeding a call that you have discerned may be correct, but whether the calling is fulfilled must be entrusted to Providence. Contemplate Dominic Savio.

Know that you have my support on your road!

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Kowalski View Post
    This is an interesting question for me. Biden's mandate being enjoined means that businesses are no longer required to mandate the vaccine. However, businesses can still choose to mandate the vaccine. So the question is whether a private business has the right to impose such a requirement on its employees. Having dealt with businesses in the past, I think they have the right to set standards for their employees. That's how the employment relationship works.
    Yes, but they are lying about it being their own decision. They are still pretending it's all because the president said so, even though that's in limbo now. The HR letters they are sending out say it's because of the mandate.

It's almost D-Day in my tiny speck of the world. If I turn up to work on Monday, I assume they'll call the cops and I'll get a $5k fine. The mandates are designed to be suitably vague (any employee that comes into contact with 'vulnerable people' and the definition of VP is pretty much everyone (kids, Aboriginal people...) so finding work elsewhere will be a challenge.

The conversations I've had with my bosses and colleagues over the last few days have been somewhat interesting. Earlier this week their body language suggested they just assumed I'd comply and had quizzical expressions that I interpreted as 'why aren't you just getting the damn shot, you fool?'.

Today my supervisor walked me out of the office, sobbing. Another colleague admitted she was ashamed for just following the rules without questioning. And the overweight old lady who I've sat next to for 5 and a half years and though I knew quite well, said fuck all.

I hate my job, but my wife seems to love hers and is devastated. My 17yo daughter has resisted extraordinary bribes from me, and what I thought were convincing arguments, to delay her v appointment, but she's adamant that she'll get it next week. I'd like to blame that on her being a dumb kid, but I've clearly failed as a parent and that hurts like hell.

I save all the regular Chief Health Officer Directions that are published here, just to keep a record. 81 and counting. Direction 77 is no longer on the website, which is a shame, because it included these gems:

"An occupier of a place and the proprieter of a business in the Darwin lockout area must (a) check whether any person entering the place or premises is a vaccinated or exempt person or an unvaccinated person; and (b) refuse entry to the place and premises of the business to an unvaccinated person"

"A provider of activities or services in the Darwin lockout area must (a) check whether an person entering a place or premises where the activities or services are provided is a vaccinated or exempt person or an unvaccinated person; and (b) cease providing services and activities to unvaccinated persons"

Some are resisting, small business in particular. Interestingly enough, some of the very remote Aboriginal communities are refusing to get the needles. Not sure if that is because they've already had a couple hundred years of the white man forcing shit on them or because most of the communities were 'saved' by the Christians and don't want a drug with the devil's blood in it (a local community priest allegedly said this to his congregation). Whatever their reason, they are proving quite the roadblock for a Chief Minister who keeps claiming this is all to save the vulnerable.

The next few weeks will be interesting. For a town of just over 100k people, we get roughly 3-4000 to the weekly protests, which might not be much, but we make some noise. The cops and their pepper spray came out last week.

Under our mandates, if we don't get our second needle by 24 December, we can't go to work, even if we've had the first. Merry Christmas and all that.

I hear Melbourne and Sydney might be gearing up for some big protests this weekend. I hope so.

Have a good one, all.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Yes, but they are lying about it being their own decision. They are still pretending it's all because the president said so, even though that's in limbo now. The HR letters they are sending out say it's because of the mandate.
    Precisely. They are not setting standards. They are not reducing risk in the workplace. Doubly vaxxed and masked managers continue to get sick. The grifters up the chain are acting out of fear and ignorance for lucre.

They deserve a Needs Improvement on their next performance review, and probably a PIP into the bargain.

One of our mottos is “Flawless Execution!”. EHS department does not measure up technically, or top brass ethically.

Two emails from the very very top over the past months show complete employee “disengagement”.

1. “It’s different this time.” (George Floyd)
    2. “We will comply.” (Biden mandate)

This has nothing to do with employment law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    It's almost D-Day in my tiny speck of the world. If I turn up to work on Monday, I assume they'll call the cops and I'll get a $5k fine. The mandates are designed to be suitably vague (any employee that comes into contact with 'vulnerable people' and the definition of VP is pretty much everyone (kids, Aboriginal people...) so finding work elsewhere will be a challenge.

The conversations I've had with my bosses and colleagues over the last few days have been somewhat interesting. Earlier this week their body language suggested they just assumed I'd comply and had quizzical expressions that I interpreted as 'why aren't you just getting the damn shot, you fool?'.

Today my supervisor walked me out of the office, sobbing. Another colleague admitted she was ashamed for just following the rules without questioning. And the overweight old lady who I've sat next to for 5 and a half years and though I knew quite well, said fuck all.

I hate my job, but my wife seems to love hers and is devastated. My 17yo daughter has resisted extraordinary bribes from me, and what I thought were convincing arguments, to delay her v appointment, but she's adamant that she'll get it next week. I'd like to blame that on her being a dumb kid, but I've clearly failed as a parent and that hurts like hell.

I save all the regular Chief Health Officer Directions that are published here, just to keep a record. 81 and counting. Direction 77 is no longer on the website, which is a shame, because it included these gems:

"An occupier of a place and the proprieter of a business in the Darwin lockout area must (a) check whether any person entering the place or premises is a vaccinated or exempt person or an unvaccinated person; and (b) refuse entry to the place and premises of the business to an unvaccinated person"

"A provider of activities or services in the Darwin lockout area must (a) check whether an person entering a place or premises where the activities or services are provided is a vaccinated or exempt person or an unvaccinated person; and (b) cease providing services and activities to unvaccinated persons"

Some are resisting, small business in particular. Interestingly enough, some of the very remote Aboriginal communities are refusing to get the needles. Not sure if that is because they've already had a couple hundred years of the white man forcing shit on them or because most of the communities were 'saved' by the Christians and don't want a drug with the devil's blood in it (a local community priest allegedly said this to his congregation). Whatever their reason, they are proving quite the roadblock for a Chief Minister who keeps claiming this is all to save the vulnerable.

The next few weeks will be interesting. For a town of just over 100k people, we get roughly 3-4000 to the weekly protests, which might not be much, but we make some noise. The cops and their pepper spray came out last week.

Under our mandates, if we don't get our second needle by 24 December, we can't go to work, even if we've had the first. Merry Christmas and all that.

I hear Melbourne and Sydney might be gearing up for some big protests this weekend. I hope so.

Have a good one, all.
    It's not that you are a parent. You are only a parent, and that (and I share this with you) is a heartbreaking prospect. When you start an entirely new life with its own soul, mind and personality... it is devastatingly humbling to stare into the abyss of the potential that life carries for good and evil. It's a crushing weight of responsibility when you take it seriously, and you have to guide, teach and support this life through all of its stages. You are only human and your daughter is her own person, though, and she can and will make her own decisions. You cannot forget that. You cannot rule over her even if you wanted to -- even for her own good. My children are still young, and it's already a terrifying prospect, but we've all got to face that with humility and the seriousness it deserves. Love her through this. Even if she makes a horrible decision that has long-lasting or permanent consequences, but for God's sake and yours DO NOT blame yourself for what you had no control over.

Pay attention, and be both bold and wise in your actions. If they count for anything, you have my prayers for you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Nailed it. You ever read Curt Doolittle, by chance?
    I haven't, but I became superficially familiar with Propertarianism via that guy in the motorcycle helmet's Youtube channel a couple years ago (I think he went by "John Mark"). I thought Doolittle seemed overly hostile towards Christianity (John Mark less so), but I think any attempt to correct the flacidity of libertarianism and conservatism without throwing out the good stuff is comendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Listen to Curtis Yarvin on Tucker starting at 19:30. Pay close attention at 21:45 and listen as far as he keeps your interest:
    Curtis Yarvin on Tucker Carlson - 9/9/2021
    I listened to this back in September, but thanks for the emphasis on this part. I just listened again and he's absolutely right. Although I would say they are much more akin to hyenas than lions or tigers. They are pack hunters, very opportunistic, and unlike a lion, will absolutely never go at you one-on-one. I grew up in the SF Bay Area, so I have internalized their aggression from a young age. I was always pretty bold about my thoughts, even as a kid, and never submitted to the mob for convenience, so I always got the full brunt of that aggression. Now that I think about it, the hag screaming at me for not wearing a mask is really nothing new. I was kind of prepared for this.

Modlbug was driving in this direction, but never actually said it: NEVER APOLOGIZE. And I mean for absolutely anything. I don't care how much you'd like to show you're "actually a good person". This is equivalent to showing the hyena your broken leg. If you do it, the laughing will become hysterical and it will be the last thing you ever hear.

I'd also say we aren't quite buffalo. We're more like abused dogs. We take a lot of their shit until we finally snap, snarl and bite. Then we immediately revert to our timidity when they show any outrage at the counter-aggression. What we really need to do is re-form our pack and go hunting. But the pathological individualism our side is so fond of gets in the way.

As for what we can do right now, shunning might work locally if you have a majority that will engage in it. But this is their tactic, and they do it so well that we are at a pretty steep disadvantage. What I think we should do instead is subvert. Look for ways to "put salt in their coffee", always with plausible deniability. If you can make your political enemy's life miserable in some way, do it. If you have any power in an organization, find subtle ways to fire them and/or demote them. I'm not talking about doing this indiscriminately to everyone who might vote D. Just like we can keep our heads down in a leftist converged institution and get by, make them keep their heads down. Turn them into the beaten dog. Any political boldness on a leftist's part in an institution should be crushed by any means available to you. Take the pharmacist for example. I'm sure he gave hints. And I'd bet customers and people who worked with him noticed, but they never did anything. They never put salt in the bastard's coffee and made his life miserable. If they did, he might not have had the morale to do what he did. That's really the key: find creative ways to break your enemy's morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Why would you think that? The desire for unparalleled profit plus a complete indifference towards human beings is quite enough to explain everything. Query your wife, I am sure she would agree.
    Maybe sociopathy woud explain it, but like gilead, I suspect there is more going on here than just profit. There is a transhumanist element at play that I think is deeply religious. I haven't read it, but I've been told Klaus Schwab gives some of this away in his Great Reset book. I might have to check it out, as long as I can get a copy without paying for it. These guys aren't simply fat cats smoking cigars. It's public record that they engage in strange rituals and dress up in bizarre costumes. I think there's some really fucked up shit going on here.

My suggestion to you and the rest of us in Australia who don't want to get poisoned, would be to pool our resources and setup our own separate community. Buy land under a trust account with however many want to join. In Queensland it's still possible to make money with the mandates in place as long as you work for yourself. A small self sustainable community would be able to feed themselves and still earn a living from those who have the skills to build/create/sell and so forth. Not a new concept by any means and brings forth images of hippie communes from the 70's but that not withstanding it may be a way to survive the current bullshit until if or when it ends.

My wife and I are already currently in the process of doing something like this on a small scale as she works in a job not currently affected by the mandates here in Queensland. I'm a carpenter by trade and am able to work for myself mostly for cash now days. We are looking at selling our current house and moving further away from south east Queensland where most of the covid bullshit has centred in our state. Thanks to being a farm boy I have what I like to call 'life' skills rather then 'desk jockey' skills and returning to a more rural life has me pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I'd be happy to pay them to step down with sparing their lives. That's my final offer. They've made more than enough money with their horseshit already. If they lose their cushy jobs without any prospects to get by without them, they can be told the same thing any of the rest of us would be in that same situation. Tough shit.
    We're all in this together man!

If Pfizer admitted in 2010 that it was paying kickbacks to 4,500 doctors, scientists, and medical professionals...

How many do you think Pfizer owns today❓

How many of these television doctors and twitter scientists are paid by Pfizer❓

Pfizer Details Payments to Doctors and Researchers - The New York Times

CDC Admits Crushing Rights of Naturally Immune Without Proof They Transmit the Virus

From Aaron Siri, who recently testified at Sen. Ron Johnson’s hearing:
    “My firm, on behalf of ICAN, asked the CDC for precisely this proof (see below). ICAN wanted to see proof of any instance in which someone who previously had COVID-19 became reinfected with and transmitted the virus to someone else. The CDC’s incredible response is that it does not have a single document reflecting that this has ever occurred. Not one.”

CDC Admits Crushing Rights of Naturally Immune Without Proof They Transmit the Virus - by Aaron Siri - Injecting Freedom

@ChiefNerd

FDA’s Smoking Gun: Disinformation Campaign Targeting Ivermectin.

FDA’s Smoking Gun: Disinformation Campaign Targeting Ivermectin

@SteveKirsch

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Woodruff View Post
    My suggestion to you and the rest of us in Australia who don't want to get poisoned, would be to pool our resources and setup our own separate community. Buy land under a trust account with however many want to join. In Queensland it's still possible to make money with the mandates in place as long as you work for yourself. A small self sustainable community would be able to feed themselves and still earn a living from those who have the skills to build/create/sell and so forth. Not a new concept by any means and brings forth images of hippie communes from the 70's but that not withstanding it may be a way to survive the current bullshit until if or when it ends.

My wife and I are already currently in the process of doing something like this on a small scale as she works in a job not currently affected by the mandates here in Queensland. I'm a carpenter by trade and am able to work for myself mostly for cash now days. We are looking at selling our current house and moving further away from south east Queensland where most of the covid bullshit has centred in our state. Thanks to being a farm boy I have what I like to call 'life' skills rather then 'desk jockey' skills and returning to a more rural life has me pretty excited.
    That sounds like a good deal any day of the week, but I don't think they're going to let you. They can't have anyone live successfully without them because it breaks the lie in the most serious way.